Most Nakedly Political Move Since Palin

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Re: Most Nakedly Political Move Since Palin

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:31 pm
You know there will be a large number of people out there who see this as a nonsensical "test of faith."
It isn't a test of faith. It's a biology test. A lot of people are failing. The makeup exam will be the second wave.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:08 am
Some Schmo wrote:
You know there will be a large number of people out there who see this as a nonsensical "test of faith."
It isn't a test of faith. It's a biology test. A lot of people are failing. The makeup exam will be the second wave.
Well and aptly said!
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:
you mean the 2nd wave that was always anticipated and planned for? Or did flattening the curve come across to you as a cure?
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

What’s the plan again, drunkle?

- Doc
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:
I've thought about this a lot since I first read it, MDO. I'm sure you weren't arguing with me - I mean, I completely agree with your sentiment here.

I just want to be clear - I think there are some people who will not see it for the biology/science test that it is. They will fall back on their religion and frame the entire pandemic as a test of faith. That would be the primary reason "a lot of people are failing."