'ye are gods' in Psalm 82:6 and John 10:34?"

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_rlpmjp
_Emeritus

Re: 'ye are gods' in Psalm 82:6 and John 10:34?"

Post by _rlpmjp »

dberrie2000 wrote:
Mittens wrote:Couple more verses in the Book of Mormon that don't seem to agree with Mormonism

Helaman !4:12 And also that ye might know of the coming of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of heaven and of earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and that ye might know of the signs of his coming, to the intent that ye might believe on his name.

3 Nephi 11:

13 And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto them saying:

14 Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.

17 Hosanna! Blessed be the name of the Most High God! And they did fall down at the feet of Jesus, and did worship him.

Since the LDS believe Jesus Christ was the God of the OT--and the fact they worship Christ--how does any of this not agree with "Mormonism"?

I haven't read the thread, but there are LDS explanations that say since Jesus was with them they prayed to and worshipped him and this "mistake", since it should have been directed to God the Father, was excused. Most good peoples witnessing such a miraculous visitation would have done similarly.
_Mittens
_Emeritus

Re: 'ye are gods' in Psalm 82:6 and John 10:34?"

Post by _Mittens »

Pretty hard to argue a mythical episode :lol:
Justice = Getting what you deserve
Mercy = Not getting what you deserve
Grace = Getting what you can never deserve