Bishop Smokey’s Leap Day Message to *Good* People

The anything-goes forum for insults, board drama, and interpersonal conflicts. No moderation. Rated R to NC-17.
Shulem
Son of Perdition

Re: Bishop Smokey’s Leap Day Message to *Good* People

Post by Shulem »

Smokey wrote:Notice: This message is for brothers and sisters of good character and stock only.

W A R N I N G !!!

Smokey's postings are designed to disrupt the psychological and emotional well being of board members. It's an attempt to create disturbing thoughts in the minds of those who view his content hoping that they will question their own well being and purpose based on how they look and what facial expression or design they have been born with. This is an evil plot to sow discord and cause confusion.

Smokey, you are a piece of ____ ____. You are like pasted brown blobs on the bottom of a toilet bowl. You are a ____ skid!

:mad:

Smokey
Bishop

Post by Smokey »

Post pic of face
Dr Shades is Jason Gallentine

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Smokey wrote:Post pic of face

I saw you up there in Terrestrial looking for any kind of dirt you could get off Kerry, fishing for dirt! I'm on to you.

Go wrap you hand around it and do the nasty. You need it, again.

Smokey
Bishop

Post by Smokey »

What’s wrong with your face?

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Shulem wrote:
Smokey wrote:Post pic of face

I saw you up there in Terrestrial looking for any kind of dirt you could get off Kerry, fishing for dirt! I'm on to you.

Go wrap you hand around it and do the nasty. You need it, again.

:lol: Shulem, the anti-troll.

Smokey
Bishop

Post by Smokey »

Lemmie wrote:*Obsessively refreshes thread to see if an image of its face has been used for this lesson on physiognomy*

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Finally some effort! But please follow the rules. If you want to put your words in someone else’s quote box, please indicate you are doing parody. (God knows you have no skill at it, so for you, announcing it clearly is a must.)

Smokey
Bishop

Post by Smokey »

When you look in the mirror, are you saddened by what appears? Do children smile, or appear frightened when they see your face?

These are rhetorical questions, of course.

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

And.. the troll gives up. Not a good effort for today, but just what is expected of such a troll. Carry on in Telestial by yourself, crybaby..

Smokey
Bishop

Post by Smokey »

Lemmie wrote:*won’t post face because physiognomy is real*

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Smokey wrote:
Lemmie wrote:*won’t post face because physiognomy is real*

Very good, troll, very good! You followed the rules of parody when using someone else’s quote box. You’ll fit into civilized society yet!

(Well, maybe not.) But keep up your efforts, down here in Telestial. O I’m sure they mean something somewhere.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Lemmie wrote:And.. the troll gives up. Not a good effort for today, but just what is expected of such a troll. Carry on in Telestial by yourself, crybaby..

Just imagine how much time Smokey spends looking in the mirror on a daily basis. The thought gives me the creeps.

:lol:

Smokey
Bishop

Post by Smokey »

Shulem wrote:They will question their own well being and purpose based on how they look.

Yes.

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Shulem wrote:
Lemmie wrote:And.. the troll gives up. Not a good effort for today, but just what is expected of such a troll. Carry on in Telestial by yourself, crybaby..

Just imagine how much time Smokey spends looking in the mirror on a daily basis. The thought gives me the creeps.

:lol:

:lol: He’s apparently having a rough day today, so I’m sure the mirror is not helping.

aussieguy55
God

Post by aussieguy55 »

Hello
I am interested in your response to the following

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-TR ... xeE4Q/edit

No Kingdom of God for Softies? or, What Was Paul Really Saying?; 1 Corinthians 6:9–10 in Context. https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... in_Context

An Argument Against the Use of the Word ‘Homosexual’ In English Translations of the Bible, The Heythrop Journal, 51 no. 5 (2010): 723-729.
https://www.academia.edu/2507704/_An_Ar ... 10_723-729

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/1 ... 7915577097
Abstract
There are seven texts often cited by Christians to condemn homosexuality: Noah and Ham (Genesis 9:20–27), Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 19:1–11), Levitical laws condemning same-sex relationships (Leviticus 18:22, 20:13), two words in two Second Testament vice lists (1 Corinthians 6:9–10; 1 Timothy 1:10), and Paul's letter to the Romans (Romans 1:26–27). The author believes that these do not refer to homosexual relationships between two free, adult, and loving individuals. They describe rape or attempted rape (Genesis 9:20–27, 19:1–11), cultic prostitution (Leviticus 18:22, 20:13), male prostitution and pederasty (1 Corinthians 6:9–10; 1 Timothy 1:10), and the Isis cult in Rome (Romans 1:26–27). If the biblical authors did assume homosexuality was evil, we do not theologize off of their cultural assumptions, we theologize off of the texts we have in the canon. The author attempts to introduce some new arguments into this long-standing and passionate debate"

Snoopy " Has it ever occurred to you that you might be wrong?"
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Lemmie wrote: :lol: He’s apparently having a rough day today, so I’m sure the mirror is not helping.

He's a piece of work. That's for sure. But maybe this place is good therapy for him. So . . . .

Smokey
Bishop

Post by Smokey »

Post pic of your face, Paul.

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Shulem wrote:
Lemmie wrote: :lol: He’s apparently having a rough day today, so I’m sure the mirror is not helping.

He's a piece of work. That's for sure. But maybe this place is good therapy for him. So . . . .

Then we are helping a fellow human! You are too kind, Shulem.

Smokey
Bishop

Post by Smokey »

What a strange juxtaposition to be so prideful, and yet so ashamed of your appearance and the way your face looks.

I’m really happy I took the time to flesh out these ideas in this first draft with some of the saddest of the sad cases. There is potential here.

However, it looks like we will need to make a thread about Neanderthals vs Cro-Magnons and go over what it means to be human, and what isn’t.

Stay tuned.

Smokey
Bishop

Post by Smokey »

aussieguy55 wrote:Hello
I am interested in your response to the following

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-TR ... xeE4Q/edit

No Kingdom of God for Softies? or, What Was Paul Really Saying?; 1 Corinthians 6:9–10 in Context. https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... in_Context

An Argument Against the Use of the Word ‘Homosexual’ In English Translations of the Bible, The Heythrop Journal, 51 no. 5 (2010): 723-729.
https://www.academia.edu/2507704/_An_Ar ... 10_723-729

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/1 ... 7915577097
Abstract
There are seven texts often cited by Christians to condemn homosexuality: Noah and Ham (Genesis 9:20–27), Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 19:1–11), Levitical laws condemning same-sex relationships (Leviticus 18:22, 20:13), two words in two Second Testament vice lists (1 Corinthians 6:9–10; 1 Timothy 1:10), and Paul's letter to the Romans (Romans 1:26–27). The author believes that these do not refer to homosexual relationships between two free, adult, and loving individuals. They describe rape or attempted rape (Genesis 9:20–27, 19:1–11), cultic prostitution (Leviticus 18:22, 20:13), male prostitution and pederasty (1 Corinthians 6:9–10; 1 Timothy 1:10), and the Isis cult in Rome (Romans 1:26–27). If the biblical authors did assume homosexuality was evil, we do not theologize off of their cultural assumptions, we theologize off of the texts we have in the canon. The author attempts to introduce some new arguments into this long-standing and passionate debate"

Snoopy " Has it ever occurred to you that you might be wrong?"

Who are these men that you want them to interpret the Bible?

What is their background?

Are any of them Christians?

aussieguy55
God

Post by aussieguy55 »

Gnuse and Elliott are Christians. Why not look at their arguments? Don't you think Luther's translation is interesting? ! Cor 6:9 which in the NRSV is "sodomites" Luther translates as knaben schaben "boy molesters" In other words pedophiles. Read the papers if you dare. You might be wrong in your view.

"Popular piety has maintained for years that the Sodom narrative is about homosexuality and that the narrative condemns it. But Genesis 19 is the same account that we read in Judges 19. In Genesis 19 the townsmen try to rape two angels, who are presumably male, but in Judges 19 it is a woman who actually gets raped. If Genesis 19 condemns homosexuality, then clearly Judges 19 condemns heterosexuality. People who love to use Genesis 19 to condemn homosexuals have to avoid Judges 19 because it destroys their argument. Sometimes, it is said by sophisticated critics of homosexuality that both passages condemn homosexuality because the men of Gibeah initially sought to rape a man, then settled for a woman. That is illogical. Using their logic of homosexual identity, that would assume that homosexuals suddenly became heterosexuals. No one seems to make that observation when they declare homosexual activity to be the common denominator. That the men of Gibeah ask for a man, then rape a woman, both of whom are strangers to the city, obviously points to the common denominator: they are strangers and targets for rape of subordination. That the men of Sodom disdain Lot's offer of women might imply that they want the strangers and not the local girls, or it might imply that they are homosexual. But when they take offense at his offer and claim that he is playing the “judge,” it seems to me that they are angry at Lot for assuming their desire is simply for sex when they really wish to demonstrate their power over the strangers."
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"