The Chosen: Part 2 - The Mormon Question

The anything-goes forum for insults, board drama, and interpersonal conflicts. No moderation. Rated R to NC-17.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: The Chosen: Part 2 - The Mormon Question

Post by Res Ipsa »

Lemmie wrote:And how did you “learn” this, if you don’t mind my asking?

By spending literally hours and hours studying the rules, Shades' public comments on the rules, and Shades' actual moderation actions on the board. It's all stuff accessible to you if you wanted to spend hours and hours studying Shades' public comments and actions and if you weren't so eager to jump to conclusions.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Res Ipsa wrote:

By spending literally hours and hours studying the rules, Shades' public comments on the rules, and Shades' actual moderation actions on the board. It's all stuff accessible to you if you wanted to spend hours and hours studying Shades' public comments and actions and if you weren't so eager to jump to conclusions.

Well I was actually referring to this:
Lemmie, just to pass along a couple of things I learned: When canpakes posted the string of posts, the thread was in Terrestrial.

That’s not something I could have learned by spending “hours and hours studying Shades' public comments and actions,” nor does it have anything to do with your conclusion that I am ”so eager to jump to conclusions.”

Your over-reaching nonresponse speaks more to your conclusions about our past history of exchanging comments, which pop out from you in snide little non sequitur statements like this every so often. It happens often enough that it influences my decision to exchange comments with you even on totally different matters, knowing that every so often you won’t be able to resist these completely unrelated little jabs. It’s not insulting, which I’m guessing is your intent, just tiresome.

I am eager at other things, however, which is why I acknowledged my error and edited my post in question.
Last edited by Lemmie on Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

grindael
Dragon

Post by grindael »

Smokey wrote:[MODERATOR NOTE: This post was voluntarily deleted by Smokey himself. I (Dr. Shades) did not delete or edit it in any way.]

Now that's being SHUT DOWN... ____! :lol:

Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Smokey wrote:[MODERATOR NOTE: This post was voluntarily deleted by Smokey himself. I (Dr. Shades) did not delete or edit it in any way.]

That may not be the red pen per se, but it's red enough to get you in trouble again. Been there, done that.

You better change the color, u fool.

grindael
Dragon

Post by grindael »

Shulem wrote:
[MODERATOR NOTE: This post was voluntarily deleted by Smokey himself. I (Dr. Shades) did not delete or edit it in any way.]

That may not be the red pen per se, but it's red enough to get you in trouble again. Been there, done that.

You better change the color, u fool.

No, it's deliciously ironic Shulem! :lol:

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Lemmie wrote:Got it. I edited the post. Spamming by canpakes in Terrestrial is defined as posting questions in back to back multiple posts. Spamming by Smokey is defined as shilling for a product, which he never does. Go figure.

I apologize for using the word "spamming" when the more correct word would've been "disrupting."
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Lemmie wrote:Got it. I edited the post. Spamming by canpakes in Terrestrial is defined as posting questions in back to back multiple posts. Spamming by Smokey is defined as shilling for a product, which he never does. Go figure.

I apologize for using the word "spamming" when the more correct word would've been "disrupting."

No problem, thank you for the information. In case you didn’t see my edit, I also apologized for my misunderstanding regarding the location of the spamming comments.

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Res Ipsa wrote:By spending literally hours and hours studying the rules, Shades' public comments on the rules, and Shades' actual moderation actions on the board. It's all stuff accessible to you if you wanted to spend hours and hours studying Shades' public comments and actions and if you weren't so eager to jump to conclusions.

Lemmie wrote:Well I was actually referring to this:
Res Ipsa wrote:Lemmie, just to pass along a couple of things I learned: When canpakes posted the string of posts, the thread was in Terrestrial.

That’s not something I could have learned by spending “hours and hours studying Shades' public comments and actions,” nor does it have anything to do with your conclusion that I am ”so eager to jump to conclusions.”

I'm not a mind reader, Lemmie. I had no idea that your "this" referred only to that particular part of my post.

My reference to jumping to conclusions was to your claim that Shades was micro moderating canpakes in Telestial and to your description of what Shades posted to canpakes as a moderator warning. Shades has been explicit about the fact that official moderator actions are in red, but you jumped to the conclusions that Shades post in black, which began with a please and ended with a thank you, was moderator a warning. Even when Shades posts in red, you'll not he precedes his post with "[Moderator Note]" What I realize that you have no reason to understand is that moderator warning is a function of the phpBB software, and is delivered privately.

Lemmie wrote:That speaks more to your conclusions about our past history of exchanging comments, which pop out from you in snide little non sequitur statements like this every so often. It happens often enough that it influences my decision to exchange comments with you even on totally different matters, knowing that every so often you won’t be able to resist these completely unrelated little jabs. It’s not insulting, which I’m guessing is your intent, just tiresome.

No, what it speaks to is my observations of your history of jumping to conclusions about and mischaracterizing the actions of moderators here. I noticed you doing it with Shades and EAllusion before I ever became a moderator, I experienced it personally when I was a moderator, and I've observed it after I quit as moderator. I'm not a mind reader or a psychologist, so I have no idea why you do it. I just observe the conduct. I comment because I object to it -- I think it's unfair and rude to EAllusion and Shades, and it undermines the confidence in the moderation process. The effect of that is that people bypass the report function and resort to calling out in public, self-help, or retaliation.

I think your description of my interaction with you since I returned to civilian status is grossly unfair. If you think I've been lacing my interactions with you with snide non sequitur statements, please provide me with some examples and I'll be happy to either explain why I considered them "sequitur" or apologize. IMO, you and I have very different communication styles, and I think that has led both of us to mistakenly infer things about each other's intent. What you infer about my intent when I communicate with you is your responsibility. And vice versa.

Lemmie wrote:I am eager at other things, however, which is why I acknowledged my error and edited my post in question.

And that's good. But you also added this at the end:

Spamming by canpakes in Terrestrial is defined as posting questions in back to back multiple posts. Spamming by Smokey is defined as shilling for a product, which he never does. Go figure.

I think it would be fair to characterize that as a passive-aggressive swipe at Shades, based on your own uncharitable interpretation of his actions. More jumping to conclusions on your part.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

canpakes wrote:This is correct.

Once Smokey added the opening post without content, I saw a ‘forum legal’ opportunity to hit it with a number of light-hearted posts that were technically connected to his thread title, but also with the intent to put a speed bump into the inevitable flow of neo-Nazi crap that would follow. This is arguably not the best conduct in Terrestrial, so I’m ‘guilty as charged’ ... ; )

:lol: no problem. Now we know what to call it when Mentalgymnast does his speed bumping in Terrestrial. You did a good thing, canpakes, establishing a precedent! :cool:

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Who dat? I want to say thank you to them.

- Doc

Looks like it was Dean Robbers who found Deznat.

http://mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/vie ... 4#p1207404

grindael
Dragon

Post by grindael »

I (Dr. Shades) did not delete or edit it in any way.

Oh, I knew that, what is so ironic is that he shut himself down and then ranted and raved that he had been censored. Now that's the best thing that can happen with these kinds of maroons,

Ya gotta love these psychopaths. They don't know if up is down or left is right, (they don't ken reality) but they will sure tell you that they do... until they are inevitably shut down, by others or by themselves because no one is buying into their lies and they can't stand to be relegated to the back of the room (so to speak). Or here, down to the lower kingdoms.

SteelHead
God

Post by SteelHead »

It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

cwald
God

Post by cwald »

SteelHead wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APMu32sC2nM

Ah, that was good. Great find.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Yep.

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Just wanna state outright the irony of Jew-hating Christians or Mormons cannot be overemphasized. You know. ‘Cause Jesus belonged to the tribe of Judah.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

https://youtu.be/95bUnMnTh4U

Video games don't lie.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa