The Neglected Facsimile: An Examination and Comparative Study of Facsimile No. 3 of the Book of Abraham, Quinten Barney

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Temple Work

Post by _Shulem »

***QUESTION***

?????????????????

WHEN will The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints assume the responsibility of doing temple work for the owner of the Joseph Smith papyrus of Facsimile No. 3?

It would go something like this:

1. Brother _________, having been commissioned of Jesus Christ, I baptize you for and in behalf of HOR, who is dead . . . .

2. Brother _________, in the name of Jesus Christ, we lay our hands upon your head for and in behalf of HOR, who is dead . . . .

3. Brother _________, having authority, I lay my hands upon your head, and confer upon you the Melchizedek priesthood, and ordain you an elder in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, for and in behalf of HOR, who is dead . . . .

When is Hor's temple work going to be performed? I'd like to know.

PS. I still have NOT read Barney's paper. For some reason, I can't explain why, I just can't get myself to do it.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: The Neglected Facsimile: An Examination and Comparative Study of Facsimile No. 3 of the Book of Abraham, Quinten Bar

Post by _Shulem »

moksha wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:44 pm
Shulem, this is a message crying out for a voice on Radio Free Mormon. Will you heed the call and stop the desecration of Hor Justified's memory?
Thanks for a vote of confidence in that regard but I'm afraid that performing on a podcast is not my cup of tea. You'll just have to settle for my comments here and on my websites.

I think anyone who has a heart and a conscience would agree that Hor's memory has been grossly overlooked and that the Church should make amends in making up for that loss. The Church has a responsibility to set the record straight and honor Hor's memory as they would the memory of anyone -- we are all the children of God, are we not?

This responsibility belongs to the actual leaders or successors of Joseph Smith and not apologists. It is the job of the President of the Church to step forward and apologize for the manner in which the Church has portrayed Hor and to bring closure to his memory by setting the record straight. Until the Church does this there will ever be a Dark Cloud over the Church -- a curse and the threat of retribution for the mockery and sacrilegious handling of sacred writings. The Church must be held accountable for this horrible treatment and disrespect in what has become of Hor's burial and memory at the hands of the Mormons.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Facsimile No. 3 in Memory of Hor

Post by _Shulem »

Blessed are the gods of ancient Egypt and sacred is the memory of Hor.

Shulem wrote:I am Hôr! I'm true of voice and vindicated before Osiris. I live forever in the afterlife with the gods as written in the characters above my hand:

"The Osiris Hôr, justified forever"

The following links in WIKIPEDIA are excellent sources worth bookmarking to acquire quick information about the Joseph Smith papyrus and learn more about this controversial subject.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Book of Abraham
Joseph Smith Papyri
Criticism of the Book of Abraham
Joseph Smith Hypocephalus
Kirtland Egyptian papers
Book of Joseph (Latter Day Saints)
File:Facsimile 3 plate anubis.jpg
Philo Sofee
God

Re: The Neglected Facsimile: An Examination and Comparative Study of Facsimile No. 3 of the Book of Abraham, Quinten Bar

Post by Philo Sofee »

In this thread Shulem mentioned a few times he has not read Quinten Barney's Master's Thesis on Fac. 3. I did, and actually produced a live show concerning some of it. It is worth looking into because of the assembly of all known iconography of every single Book of Breathings document in existence which we know of. We now have evidence of what kinds of illustrations were used with Books of Breathings. His appendix is a definite source we can all use. Granted he doesn't present a convincing enough case. If he is going to argue the hieroglyphics in Fac 3 are wrong, then I think he is obligated to set the record straight and give us the real meaning. It is how I approached this in my Live video a few weeks ago.