Gerritt Gong and wife have COVID

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Gerritt Gong and wife have COVID

Post by _Shulem »

I have a question wrote:Why didn't one of his Apostolic colleagues or The Prophet go visit him, give him a Priesthood blessing and pronounce him cured?
Because NelSatan doesn't have the power to cure anything. He's a mealy mouthed maggot!
I have a question wrote:Does he lack the faith to be cured?
Hell yeah, he lacks the faith. Chalk it up to Heavenly Father's will that he learn through his sufferings. Real miracles in Mormonism are only something to dream about or read in scripture.
I have a question wrote:Did they get it from going to Church or the Temple?
Good chance of that. Temples are breading grounds for all kinds of germs and viruses! The furnishings, altars, and veils are splattered with who-knows-what?
I have a question wrote:Why can't he pray away the virus?
Why doesn't he know the king's name in Facsimile No. 3?
I have a question wrote:Will the Bretheren stop eating food for 24 hours to help cure their colleague? if not, why not?
No, they need to keep their own strength up lest they too catch Corona.
I have a question wrote:If, as Dieter would have us believe, God knew well in advance that the Coronavirus was coming, why didn't He forewarn His apostles so they wouldn't catch it?

Dieter's little Peter isn't very reliable. The silver fox let everyone down. Must be because he was demoted.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

I have a question wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:43 pm
I'm not sure how meaningful this might be but...it was reported that although the Apostles wore masks during the conference sessions, the pulpit and microphone they all used were not cleaned nor wiped down in between speakers.
Speakers removed their face coverings when they gave their sermons. The microphone and podium were not scrubbed down with disinfecting wipes between talks.
Unlike his colleagues among the faith’s top brass, the 66-year-old Gong did not attend the church’s General Conference in person over the weekend — his Saturday talk was prerecorded — and it was revealed then that he was “feeling well” after being exposed to the virus.
https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/10/06/ ... s-apostle/

So it seems they knew about his contracting of Coronavirus prior to Conference but waited until after Conference to announce it.

Why didn't one of his Apostolic colleagues or The Prophet go visit him, give him a Priesthood blessing and pronounce him cured?

Does he lack the faith to be cured?

Did they get it from going to Church or the Temple?

Why can't he pray away the virus?

Will the Bretheren stop eating food for 24 hours to help cure their colleague? if not, why not?

If, as Dieter would have us believe, God knew well in advance that the Coronavirus was coming, why didn't He forewarn His apostles so they wouldn't catch it?
The proper question is does he have the faith to not be cured .....
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Covid is the perfect acid test against any claims of priesthood being a power to heal, or fasting as a means of convincing the inventor and purveyor to calm down and not let it spread so fast, but apparently he is busier in heaven than to worry much about our home. Nothing Mormonism says anymore about God's "power" has any force.

That being said, I am sorry to hear of anyone getting this horrible plague.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

The Covid-infected Gong opens his talk thus...
Dear brothers and sisters, I recently officiated in a temple sealing, following COVID-19 guidelines. With the bride and groom, both faithful returned missionaries, were their parents and all their siblings. This was not easy. The bride is the ninth of ten children. Her nine siblings sat in order, oldest to youngest, socially distanced of course.
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... g?lang=eng

So one of my questions has been answered. I wonder how many of that wedding party have subsequently tested positive?
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:44 am
Covid is the perfect acid test against any claims of priesthood being a power to heal, or fasting as a means of convincing the inventor and purveyor to calm down and not let it spread so fast, but apparently he is busier in heaven than to worry much about our home. Nothing Mormonism says anymore about God's "power" has any force.
And whosoever among you are sick, and have not faith to be healed, but believe, shall be nourished with all tenderness, with a cup of Postum.