Will Bagley Suffers Nine Strokes

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Will Bagley Suffers Nine Strokes

Post by _Kishkumen »

The painful blows keep coming in Mormon history. Will Bagley, award-winning historian of the American West and Mormonism, has suffered nine strokes and has been placed in an elder care facility. From what I have gathered, it appears the damage from the strokes was not treated in time and thus cannot be treated. Additional health problems were uncovered during Bagley’s examination, but he is refusing treatment of those. Bagley is a young 70, and he is two books into a four-volume work on the Oregon Trail. This is a terrible development. I feel so badly for Will and his family.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: Will Bagley Suffers Nine Strokes

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Sad news indeed. My best to him and his family.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I used to love his History Matters columns in the Salt Lake Tribune.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

No doubt the Mopologists--Midgley especially--are exultant about this. Expect zero mention of it on either "SeN" or "Mormon Interpreter." War til the end, as it were.

My heart goes out to Bagley and his loved ones. Blood of the Prophets remains the definitive text on the MMM.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:59 am
My heart goes out to Bagley and his loved ones. Blood of the Prophets remains the definitive text on the Mountain Meadows Massacre.
I agree, Doctor Scratch. Blood of the Prophets remains the definitive account of the Mountain Meadows Massacre.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

I am sorry to hear this....... I hope his family for the very best.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."