DCP Recycles The Same Article At Least 4 Different Times.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: DCP Recycles The Same Article At Least 4 Different Times.

Post by _Philo Sofee »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:01 pm
Gadianton's analysis is superior to mine. I bow to his success and close my mouth.
Never feel bad, Gadianton is that superior to at least 99% of us!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

not true at all, Philo. I do spend more time at the dump than most people though.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Shameful, but predictable.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Tom
_Emeritus

Post by _Tom »

I must confess that I am occasionally amused by recycled posts. For example, in February 2018 the SeN proprietor posted an excerpt from his book, Abraham Divided:https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... art-5.html

The reader will note that this particular item was posted from Laie, Oahu, Hawaii.

Yesterday, a similar item was published, complete with the note that it was posted from Laie, Oahu, Hawaii: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... atics.html. (It also has content from another February 2018 post: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... art-4.html.)

I assume that the blog proprietor is not currently in Hawaii. Dr. Midgley’s comment is amusing: “If one has noticed that Dan posted his blog from Laie, Oahu, Hawai’i, one can suspect that he might even be again giving the language of the indigenous people of that currently expensive tourist trap some attention.”
“A scholar said he could not read the Book of Mormon, so we shouldn’t be shocked that scholars say the papyri don’t translate and/or relate to the Book of Abraham. Doesn’t change anything. It’s ancient and historical.” ~ Hanna Seariac
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Tom,

That is hilarious!

Thanks to you, SEN has now removed the reference to Laie, Oahu, Hawaii.

SEN and the Interpreter really should be paying you a consulting fee.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

This is actually very problematic for the Mopologists. I mean, has anyone clued poor Dr. Midgley into the fact that DCP was just recycling old articles? In doing so, he's made Midgley look like a doddering old ass--a dotard, if you will. DCP's lying is now beginning to burn his own alleged "friends." Absolutely shameful.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Funny enough, he had a bit to say about the article the first time around:

LM: "I very much enjoyed this little item. For reasons I cannot explain I had to giggle while reading it. Trying to figure out tithing in Roman numerals!"

I guess he didn't enjoy it enough to remember it a year and change later.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.