Smith's Translations at MD&D brouhaha

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Re: Smith's Translations at MD&D brouhaha

Post by _Gadianton »

"It was not simply the unique ancient language of the hieroglyphs, any more than English is the language of Times New Roman."

Some great points, PG. I'm going to be thinking about this, as I believe it might have some relevance to some other apologetic arguments.

by the way, another jr. apologist may have Pac Man's back. One of the first responses in that thread boiled down to, "Joseph Smith must have known Egyptian: how do you explain that Joseph Smith knew Early Modern English, but didn't know Egyptian?"

lol
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:30 am
"It was not simply the unique ancient language of the hieroglyphs, any more than English is the language of Times New Roman."

Some great points, PG. I'm going to be thinking about this, as I believe it might have some relevance to some other apologetic arguments.

by the way, another jr. apologist may have Pac Man's back. One of the first responses in that thread boiled down to, "Joseph Smith must have known Egyptian: how do you explain that Joseph Smith knew Early Modern English, but didn't know Egyptian?"

lol
Oh.........my............God........... I sprained my eyes from rolling them so hard...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
They really have no clue about how bloody stupid they are do they? For real, MG needs to go clean his own house of faith over there before worrying about us........ :lol:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_The Stig
_Emeritus

Post by _The Stig »

I'd say Nevo properly addressed PacMan's argument:

https://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/73 ... 1209988672
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:37 am
Oh.........my............God........... I sprained my eyes from rolling them so hard...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
They really have no clue about how bloody stupid they are do they? For real, MG needs to go clean his own house of faith over there before worrying about us........ :lol:
Does he post over there? If he does how does he fare?