Radio Free Mormon: 191: Dr. Robert K. Ritner on the Book of Abraham part 3

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Radio Free Mormon: 191: Dr. Robert K. Ritner on the Book of Abraham part 3

Post by _Shulem »

Listening to it now. So, John Gee was on a committee that reviewed all of those articles on Pearl of Great Price Central. From what I've seen and about that website -- it's an utter abomination. No words can describe the deception of that website. It is horrific in every way. The site could be easily dismantled and wiped out by an army of honest Egyptologists -- and it should be! It is a threat to Egyptolgy as is the Mormon Church. Egytologists worldwide should unite to denounce the Book of Abraham and reject the claims made by Joseph Smith in that regard.

THE BOOK OF ABRAHAM IS NOT AUTHENTIC.

I am so glad that I'm out of Mormonism and living an AUTHENTIC and HAPPY life.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Gee seems to be of the understanding that the mere fact that the name "ABRAHAM" has been found in Egypt in some form or another establishes a concrete foundation in which to base the Book of Abraham as a historical and authentic record.

WHAT!?

You got to be kidding me, Gee. You simply have to be kidding. I'm looking at your video watching you say this stuff and you look like you're about to die. Either you're a physically sick man or you are really struggling mentally. I can see that much.

Anyway, the idea that the name "ABRAHAM" being found in some kind of historical context in ancient Egypt does NOTHING to support Smith's claims that are found in the actual Book of Abraham, the Explanations of the Facsimiles, AND the Joseph Smith Egyptian Alphabet and Grammar. In fact, I would think that the name Abraham should be found somewhere in Egypt seeing he was a major character portrayed in a major religion going back supposedly thousands of years within the same geographic region. Yes, the name should be found, somewhere. For God sake! But it does nothing to support Smith's claims.

Are you that stupid, Gee or are you just brainwashed by the cult that you can't see straight? I'm looking at you performing this interview and you look really washed out. You better do something about it. You look like death's door for your age!
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Post by _aussieguy55 »

It must be hard when 99.9 % of Egypologists would disagree with your opinons.
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

aussieguy55 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:14 am
It must be hard when 99.9 % of Egypologists would disagree with your opinons.
It's not just that, but every single nonMormon Egyptologist is going to disagree with Gee's apologetics regarding the Book of Abraham. Every one of them! Gee's brain is soaked in Mormon stupidity, he's spiritually drunk on Mormon alcohol -- he's a like a staggering drunk on the side of the road ready to fall in the ditch. No God in heaven is ever going to confirm the truthfulness of the Book of Abraham or Smith's silly translations of the hieroglyphic language. Imagine Mormon missionaries using the Book of Abraham as a sales pitch to introduce people to the Church. But no, they start with the Book of Mormon and lot's of friendly talk and pray that their prey will be gullible enough to react on feelings rather than an intellectual mind that should tell anyone with half a brain to "run like hell from the Mormons".

John Gee is a wolf among Egyptologists. He needs to be put down! He's like a rabid dog -- a danger to society and diseased.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

This is pretty much what I pick up from John Gee; I could be wrong but I base it on what I've observed and the vibes I pick up when I see his sorry face speak.

I really don't think Gee cares about the Facsimiles and sees them of little value to the Church. He accepts the fact they've been included in the Book of Abraham but probably wishes they were never canonized.

When it comes to the Book of Abraham, all Gee cares about is the statement therein about the preexistence in which is practically the only verses from the Book of Abraham that Church leaders ever quote and has become a regular part of Church curriculum material in teaching preexistence.

The rest of the Book of Abraham, Gee would just as well drop in the trash can. He doesn't care about it because it's rubbish and he knows it. But he clings to the preexistence doctrinal nugget because it gives him hope and Smith revealed those concepts which are important to him. But a king's name in Facsimile No. 3 isn't something Gee can talk about let alone accept. He KNOWS Smith was wrong about that. And it eats at him!
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Here's a good one:

Imagine Kerry Muhlestein doing a prolonged handstand and mumbling the name of "King Pharaoh'" that is written above the head in Facsimile No. 3. Wouldn't that be something? What a trick! What's the name, Kerry?

Kerry, do a handstand and tell us the name, please! Then, when you're done with that you can dress up in a clown suit and do somersaults while spelling the name "Shulem" that is written above the hand in the hieroglyphs. Can you do that, Kerry?

Yeah, Kerry clown! What's the name of the prince?

Good ole Mormon entertainment from the University of Brigham don't like Blacks.

:lol:
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

A simply MUST thread for pure total annihilation of Mormon apologetics on the Book of Abraham.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

bump