Another Blatant Example of DCP's Hypocrisy.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Another Blatant Example of DCP's Hypocrisy.

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

Folks, you just can't make this stuff up.

DCP lectures a poster named Chris about the importance of deferring to scientific consensus:
DanielPeterson Mod Chris365 • 13 hours ago
I'll defer to the overwhelming consensus of epidemiologist on the matter.

I have no political stake to defend. But I do have some very elderly and/or ill friends and relatives to defend.

I also believe in vaccination. Call me a conformist, call me weird, but I do.
http://disq.us/p/2b0mrxj

While I applaud Dan for following the overwhelming scientific consensus on this issue, why won't DCP follow the overwhelming scientific consensus regarding the Book of Mormon?
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Another Blatant Example of DCP's Hypocrisy.

Post by _Philo Sofee »

And the Book of Abraham......... GOOD find Wang Chung!!!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:51 pm
I was just about to say that. You stole the words right out of my mouth!

:lol:
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:57 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:51 pm
I was just about to say that. You stole the words right out of my mouth!

:lol:
Great minds think alike.......
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Tator
_Emeritus

Post by _Tator »

Dupe Copy Pasterson has an "ID-10-T" problem.
a.k.a. Pokatator joined Oct 26, 2006 and permanently banned from MAD Nov 6, 2006
"Stop being such a damned coward and use your real name to own your position."
"That's what he gets for posting in his own name."
2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Speaking of, a paraphrastic note from the ongoing files:

It’s always weirdly fascinating to see how how [gemli is] currently being attacked on [my blog that doesn’t like to be called a] message board that has been significantly devoted to attacking [gemli] for [Midgley’s] roughly entire [posting] history.

(To an astonishing degree, [gemli is our] raison d’être. If [gemli] didn’t exist, [we] would have been obliged to invent [him]. Which, in a very real sense, [we] actually have [based on Midgley’s stick-figure imaginations of his entire life history, all the way back to grammar school].).

The question each morning isn’t whether [gemli will] be attacked as both a ludicrous [atheist, dogmatic meat-wad (my creation-you’re welcome] and a vicious, angry, unprincipled, and hateful [cockroach and scientism follower (Midgley’s inventions], but, rather, what purported justifications will be chosen (or invented [almost always by Midgley but I happily take my turn when he doesn’t beat me to it]) for the new day’s attacks and exactly what form those attacks will take.
Well what do you know, my files contain sources! How odd for paraphrasisms. At least, according to some blog owners.

Here is the one for the above:
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... ities.html
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I thought he said he was going to ignore the board? Hasn’t he encouraged others like his lap dog Lyin’ Lounatic Midgley to ignore the board? Yet he obsessively follows every jot and tittle that’s posted here, even after the disastrous mismanagement of the board’s continuing technical issues which has resulted in a decline of user participation, he still gobbles up content as if he were noshing at Sizzler.

- Doc
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Leave us alone Peterson.

We're having a discussion here on our board and we don't need your snide or snappy remarks on your stupid blog!

Pour me another drink . . . .

Have a blow for ur nose.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

I think the answer to the OP's original question is contained in Professor Peterson's response… He has no stake in the matter.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

consiglieri wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:12 pm
I think the answer to the OP's original question is contained in Professor Peterson's response… He has no stake in the matter.
It's interesting he said he had no political stake in the matter. He ignores the overwhelming scientific consensus where he has a lot of religious stake in the matter. I suppose it is good that he doesn't have as much political stakes in idiotic areas as so many on the extremes do.