Nelson - Covid 19 is just a bump in the road

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Nelson - Covid 19 is just a bump in the road

Post by _I have a question »

Amid the clouds of sorrow and mourning President Russell M. Nelson has felt during the COVID-19 pandemic, he has seen “silver linings.”

In an Aug. 5 Facebook post, President Nelson wrote about what he and his wife, Sister Wendy Nelson, have learned during the pandemic. “Many families have re-enthroned their homes as sanctuaries of faith. Many better understand how important the family is and that it really is ordained of God, with an eternal destiny.
https://www.thechurchnews.com/leaders-a ... ngs-190304

Every cloud and all that...
“Dear friends, the road ahead may be bumpy, but our destination is serene and secure,” he wrote. “So, fasten your seatbelt, hang on through the bumps, and do what’s right. Your reward will be eternal.”
Yeah, just a bump in the road...
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Nelson - Covid 19 is just a bump in the road

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Oh yes.....why, we know, thanks to the President of our nation as well that Corona Virus is just going to go away........it's a mere bump, a phantom, nothing at all to worry about, until you get it because neither the governments President nor the Priesthood of the Church's President can stop it. 2 world wide "God" fasts have been sanctioned and occurred under priesthood delegation and leadership in order to get God's attention and help, and the problem rages on and continues to grow. Neither politics nor religion can help in any manner. So what is left? The evil "S" word.......whisper it so no one else can hear you, science.....
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Re: Nelson - Covid 19 is just a bump in the road

Post by _msnobody »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:00 pm
Oh yes.....why, we know, thanks to the President of our nation as well that Corona Virus is just going to go away........it's a mere bump, a phantom, nothing at all to worry about, until you get it because neither the governments President nor the Priesthood of the Church's President can stop it. 2 world wide "God" fasts have been sanctioned and occurred under priesthood delegation and leadership in order to get God's attention and help, and the problem rages on and continues to grow. Neither politics nor religion can help in any manner. So what is left? The evil "S" word.......whisper it so no one else can hear you, science.....
This COVID-19 is contagious stuff, and sure not a respecter of persons. At my age, and still working as a nurse, I don’t think I could endure being on the frontlines. Of course, that could change at any time, and I suppose I would do the work if called to do so. I’ve had patients loose their spouses, coworkers and their family members contacting the virus, cluster outbreaks in an outlying clinic, and Thursday a coworker loosing her husband to COVID.

With that said, I want to mention this because we don’t know when it could be us. First comes death and then judgement. No greater love than this that Jesus gave his life as a propitiation for our sin. He came to give us life. He was dead, buried, was raised and ascended to heaven. He is coming back on the Last day; receiving some to everlasting life, and those who rejected him to their eternal destiny.

Today is the day of salvation, and we need to be ready. Trust in Christ alone, through faith alone, by grace alone, to the glory of God alone. No fear in death. Cleansed from a guilt conscience. Sins forgiven, to be remembered no more. I pray that everyone here will one day have the faith to trust in Christ alone. May our Heavenly Father impart the free gift of faith (trust) in the finished, all sufficient work of Christ to everyone here.
"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them.” Psalm 145:18-19 ESV