New Mormon Stories/RFM interview with Robert Ritner

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: New Mormon Stories/RFM interview with Robert Ritner

Post by _Shulem »

And this:
Kenngo1969 wrote:Image

I have faith that the Book of Abraham is scripture. I also have faith that eventually, the lack of correspondence between the English text of the Book of Abraham and the fragments of papyrus that have survived will be resolved. Any questions notwithstanding, among other things, I'm too fascinated by the text to dismiss it out-of-hand entirely.

Do you also have faith that there's a king's name written in the writing above the head and that Smith correctly translated the name "Shulem" as written above the hand -- the very writing that Smith looked at with his own eyes?

Do you have faith that John Gee will confirm these things are verily true? Or are you waiting for Jesus to come back and tell ya?

Come on over here, Kenngo, so we can learn you some lessons. You're brain dead on the MAD board. I'd like to destroy your testimonkey of the Book of Abraham.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

I am flattered to have just been christened "the execrable Consig" by smac 97!

I mean, that is signature worthy!

I think a public debate moderated by the execrable Consig is not intended to facilitate reasoned, evidence-based discourse about the substantive issues with the Book of Abraham. Dehlin is an intellectual lightweight and would have nothing meaningful to contribute to such a discussion/debate, Consig absolutely hates the Church, and Ritner has already published his views. So I just can't grant an assumption of good will or good faith in the invitation.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

consiglieri wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:44 pm
I am flattered to have just been christened "the execrable Consig" by smac 97!
I didn't even know what it meant and had to look the word up!

:lol:

execrable = extremely bad or unpleasant

Now, with that said, I can only wonder what smac 97 would have to say about me, Shulem.

OMFG. I'm the worst!

Hey smac baby -- come to Shulem so I can drill u a new one!