New Mormon Stories/RFM interview with Robert Ritner

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: New Mormon Stories/RFM interview with Robert Ritner

Post by _Shulem »

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Translation and Historicity of the Book of Abraham wrote:
Some have assumed that the hieroglyphs adjacent to and surrounding facsimile 1 must be a source for the text of the book of Abraham. But this claim rests on the assumption that a vignette and its adjacent text must be associated in meaning. In fact, it was not uncommon for ancient Egyptian vignettes to be placed some distance from their associated commentary.
The Essay is trying to trick its less informed readers by trying to get them to take their eyes off the ball. The Church wants us to think its possible that the hieroglyphic writing flanking the original vignette of Facsimile No. 1 may not actually be associated with the vignette but may serve another purpose. In other words, just because the scene with Abraham on the lion couch is surrounded with funerary spells doesn't mean that those spells have anything to do with the picture but could refer to another vignette (now lost) further down the roll or an attachment. The Church is attempting to trick its readers and is being totally deceptive. The Church is lying. The Church is really good at lying. That is what they do, professionally!

HERE COMES THE LASER!

Bear in mind, the Church says: "In fact, it was not uncommon for ancient Egyptian vignettes to be placed some distance from their associated commentary."

Now let's test this deceptive theory and plug it into Facsimile No. 3 and see if it works
Joseph Smith wrote:Fig. 2. King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head.
Is there any chance that the characters given above the head are not the characters that Smith referred to?

Joseph Smith wrote:Fig. 4. Prince of Pharaoh, King of Egypt, as written above the hand.
Is there any chance that the characters written above the hand are not the characters that Smith referred to?

The Church CANNOT separate the text from the image. They are inseparably connected together.

Joseph Smith was WRONG!

If you don't agree with me, prove me wrong if you think you can.

:twisted:
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Post by _aussieguy55 »

On Facebook Colby Townsend states basically there was no Abraham Rick Bennett has done an excellent interview with him. His views on the Exodus and Conquest are sure to upset Robert Smith.
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

aussieguy55 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:26 pm
His views on the Exodus and Conquest are sure to upset Robert Smith.
One of my favorite subjects in which I spent years investigating in developing wacky theories of my own.

Bottom line: The tale of the Exodus and the lore that is written in the Bible is nothing more than bunk and can easily be dismissed.

Hey, Robert Smith, you JACKASS, what's the king's name who drowned in the Red Sea?

What's the king's name in Facsimile No. 3?

Robert Smith is a jackass dope.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robert Smith is Egyptian poop.

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Hey, William Schryver, baby; it's Shulem. I'm here man. What's the king's name in Facsimile No. 3?

Come on William, you know what's up, baby.

Come back, man.

We miss u! We need u.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:47 pm
Robert Smith is the one in way over his head.
Robert F. Smith wrote:Just what is it that Joseph supposedly got wrong?
Hey, Philo, can you imagine how fun it would be to debate that little pecker over here at Mormon Discussions? OMFG. It would be hilarious and a total party if that little worm came over here to discuss what Smith got wrong!

:lol:

It would be fun torturing him. I would simply treat him like a spider and pull his legs out one by one, slowwwwly. I'm so fukking evil. :twisted: :redface:

:lol:

Robert Smith: You're a Wuss and Nibley is a dildo.

U wimp.

Come to Shulem. I dare you.

I will kick your sorry ass.

Your scholarship is on a 1st grade level. Come to me. I will educate you give you a royal education -- you lying steamy Mormon turd!

:mad:
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Post by _aussieguy55 »

I have been watching the video here they are discussing fac 2 which the title A facsimile from the Book of Abraham which is actually for someone not connected with Abraham another mummy. The false restorations are interesting . Heward and Tanner did a good job pointing them out in Dialogue
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

aussieguy55 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:59 am
I have been watching the video here they are discussing fac 2 which the title A facsimile from the Book of Abraham which is actually for someone not connected with Abraham another mummy. The false restorations are interesting . Heward and Tanner did a good job pointing them out in Dialogue
Yes, it's important to note that the papyri attributed to Abraham that was suppose to be "written by his own hand" were documents that belonged to different persons who lived during Late Period Egypt and who were simply practicing their own religion in their own native land.

Abraham is no where to be found in Chandler's artifacts. This whole business of Chandler rolling into town with ancient relics dating back to the patriarchs was nothing more than a ruse and a deceptive sales trick. Ironically, the Mormon Church today continues the ruse and the deceptive sales trick in testifying that these things originated from Abraham although they bear an entirely different message other than what Smith claimed.

Chandler was zealous and deceptive in order to make a sale. But the Mormon Church is far worse than Chandler! The sins of Chandler rests squarely on the shoulders of today's Mormon Church. The Church is burdened with a host of weighty sin on its back.

Repent, ye Mormons! Be ye clean that bear the papyrus of Egypt!
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Post by _aussieguy55 »

I found this book listed on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com.au/Hypocephalus- ... 1789693330
The description
The hypocephalus is an element of Late Period and Ptolemaic funerary equipment - an amuletic disc placed under the head of mummies. Its shape emulates the sun's disc, and its form is planar, although it occasionally has a concave shape (in such cases, it protects the head as a funerary cap). The earliest known example can be dated to the 4th century BC and the latest to the 2nd/1st century BC. The Hypocephalus: an Ancient Egyptian Funerary Amulet analyses both the written records and iconography of these objects. So far, 158 examples are known; several, unfortunately, from old descriptions only. The relatively low number shows that the object was not a widespread item of funerary equipment. Only priest and priestly families used them, those of Amon in Thebes, of Min in Akhmim, and the ones of Ptah in Memphis. Among the examples, no two are identical. In some details, every piece is an individualized creation. Ancient Egyptian theologians certainly interpreted hypocephali as the iris of the wedjat-eye, amidst which travels the sun-god in his hidden, mysterious and tremendous form(s). The hypocephalus can be considered as the sun-disk itself. It radiates light and energy towards the head of the deceased, who again becomes a living being, feeling him/herself as 'one with the Earth' through this energy. The texts and the iconography derive principally from the supplementary chapters of the Book of the Dead. Some discs directly cite the text of spell 162 which furnishes the mythological background of the invention of the disc by the Great Cow, who protected her son Re by creating the disc at his death."
What date is the "Late Period and Ptolemaic funerary equipment" Is it to late for Abraham?
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

aussieguy55 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:46 am
What date is the "Late Period and Ptolemaic funerary equipment" Is it to late for Abraham?
Roughly from 600 BC to the end of dynastic Egypt with Queen Cleopatra.

Abraham was supposedly in Egypt during the 12 Dynasty during the 1900's BC.

It would be on par with saying mortal Jesus is preaching his New Testament gospel right now in Israel.

The artifacts Smith purchased from Chandler are so far out of date when looking for Abraham it would be like saying the ancient Greeks built a rocket and went to the moon.
_Aristotle Smith
_Emeritus

Post by _Aristotle Smith »

I tried getting through this. I listened to the first two hours. Once again reaffirmed my decision to not listen to Mormon Stories interviews. Is there a part where RFM takes over that I can fast forward to?