Anti-mormonism just a byproduct of OCD?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
iwanttotalk
Star A

Re: Anti-mormonism just a byproduct of OCD?

Post by iwanttotalk »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:01 pm
"They aren't nice people. They are critical theory marxists working a double game using base and superstrucure to undercut initiates and indoctrinate them through the use of communist logic (yes it is a real thing)."

No it isn't. ; )
It is until google erases it ;)
“Marxist traditions, which seeks to supplement or replace the laws of formal logic.....”

that's okay. Birth to awareness is always a hard process. You will not like what you see. Shadows always are preferable

iwanttotalk
Star A

Post by iwanttotalk »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:08 pm
iwanttotalk wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:19 am

“ 12 In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets.”

As i said how pedestrian and Mormon/ neo-christian. Nothing more than propaganda.
Is this supposed to be some sort of gotcha revelation? I guess you got me then. I feel for other people when they needlessly suffer like most Mormons, christians, buddhists, muslims, atheists, or agnostics do.
Gotcha.... No. You’re ethical paradigm is rooted within the construct of Mormonism and therefore remains constrained therein. It is a limitation to your efficacy and blinds you to the outcome of your ideology. Which is the byproduct largely of hollywood programming.

That was the revelation. Your ethos supports the system. As the CIA said to Ted Kazinsky “your not a revolutionary your a conformist, your conforming to the revolution”.

Ted thought he had freed himself, but in reality he just conformed to the ideology of the cultural revolution which was the ideology of the Man. He was never free.

Neither are you. You have adopted not a rebelious ideation but the extreme conformance of the ideology of the Man.

iwanttotalk
Star A

Post by iwanttotalk »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:01 pm
"They aren't nice people. They are critical theory marxists working a double game using base and superstrucure to undercut initiates and indoctrinate them through the use of communist logic (yes it is a real thing)."

No it isn't. ; )
Ohhh how daft of me. You were admitting it. Hence the name gaddianton. Master Mahan the keeper of secrets the left hand of lucifer. ;) our secret.

How pedestrian.

cwald
God

Post by cwald »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:31 pm
Hi iwanttotalk,

You had to have posted that here for a reason. Who on this message board do you think meets your criteria?
I'm guessing I would be one of those he thinks meets the critera, since he referenced me by name not once, but twice?

I don't know. I certainly suffer from OCD and maybe from the clinical definition of SCRUPULOSITY, maybe not your definition or explanation though?
What is Scrupulosity? A form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) involving religious or moral obsessions. Scrupulous individuals are overly concerned that something they thought or did might be a sin or other violation of religious or moral doctrine.
Symptoms: Compulsive behavior
To be frank, when I joined the boards back in 2009, starting with StayLDS and NOM, I used it as a place to discuss and vent and morn. I was in a lot of pain. Leaving the church was very costly to me. The collateral damage still hurts to this day and I've never been able to salvage the lost family relationships. Unfortunately, I can never fully leave the church behind.

I think after 10 years I've healed enough to move on with life. I still have 7 siblings and parents who are TBM and very extreme, so I have to occasional wade back into the sludge. I can never really leave entirely. Never. This is the first post I've posted here in months, and I haven't really been involved in NOM since I got banned and then the whole board imploded and went down and they started NOM 2.0. How long ago was that? Three, four, five years ago? I participate on this board mostly for fun and entertainment, and to support a few friends like Shulem when he gets accused of drinking and posting. I post mostly in Hell (Telestial Kingdom) in response to Shulem's memes. I don't really even talk about Mormon doctrines or policy anymore. I don't care.
But the fixation is the curious part. Normal people use anti Mormon sites for a few months or a year then move on. These hyper users never leave. Which means they 1) are paid 2) are supremely dedicated 3) have a mental issue compelling them.
Mental illness? I don't think so. I still love my family...and it is very big and very Mormon. Unfortunately I can never leave the church entirely. If the Mormon church would leave me alone, I would leave it alone. When your whole family, 7 siblings, 6 siblings in-laws and two sets of parents are TBMs...you can never really escape entirely, can you?
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson

iwanttotalk
Star A

Post by iwanttotalk »

cwald wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:00 pm
Temp. Admin. wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:31 pm
Hi iwanttotalk,

You had to have posted that here for a reason. Who on this message board do you think meets your criteria?
I'm guessing I would be one of those he thinks meets the critera, since he referenced me by name not once, but twice?

I don't know. I certainly suffer from OCD and maybe from the clinical definition of SCRUPULOSITY, maybe not your definition or explanation though?
What is Scrupulosity? A form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) involving religious or moral obsessions. Scrupulous individuals are overly concerned that something they thought or did might be a sin or other violation of religious or moral doctrine.
Symptoms: Compulsive behavior
To be frank, when I joined the boards back in 2009, starting with StayLDS and NOM, I used it as a place to discuss and vent and morn. I was in a lot of pain. Leaving the church was very costly to me. The collateral damage still hurts to this day and I've never been able to salvage the lost family relationships. Unfortunately, I can never fully leave the church behind.

I think after 10 years I've healed enough to move on with life. I still have 7 siblings and parents who are TBM and very extreme, so I have to occasional wade back into the sludge. I can never really leave entirely. Never. This is the first post I've posted here in months, and I haven't really been involved in NOM since I got banned and then the whole board imploded and went down and they started NOM 2.0. How long ago was that? Three, four, five years ago? I participate on this board mostly for fun and entertainment, and to support a few friends like Shulem when he gets accused of drinking and posting. I post mostly in Hell (Telestial Kingdom) in response to Shulem's memes. I don't really even talk about Mormon doctrines or policy anymore. I don't care.
I wasn't talking about anyone in particular. I just noticed there was a group of “superusers”. Obvioulsy most everyone has attachments to Mormonism that last and paid a price for leaving.

I was made homeless multiple times and cut off and shunned. My family is still LDS. Of course I've missed weddings. I joined in 2009.

But the super users never progress. And NoM 2.0 was cray cray.

I posted “why” i got banned on page 2 of this thread.

But its normal to go for a period then stop caring. that's normal paychology which is not what i was talking about.

don't know if you remember me but you were an alien i think. Anyway glad to hear you're well. At least i hope you are.

cwald
God

Post by cwald »

I never really participated on NOM 2.0 I got banned around the same time as Zodak and never really participated with 2.0 so I can't comment on how it was ran over there.

I think your scrupulosity theories are interesting. OCD is a big problem with religious folks. Yeah, this thread made me come out of hiding and comment.

Yes, I remember you. Hi. I'm do well. And my avatar hasn't changed.
Last edited by cwald on Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

cwald wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:00 pm
I participate on this board mostly for fun and entertainment, and to support a few friends like Shulem when he gets accused of drinking and posting. I post mostly in Hell (Telestial Kingdom) in response to Shulem's memes. I don't really even talk about Mormon doctrines or policy anymore. I don't care.
Thou art blessed, my child.

Now go down and see how I have taken the name of Daniel C Peterson in vain to the glory of Kerry A Shirts!

Oh, I see, ye have already gone down.

:surprised:

Hallelujah!

Amen.

:lol:

Yes, Shulem reigns down there.

:biggrin:

cwald
God

Post by cwald »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:17 pm

Thou art blessed, my child.

Now go down and see how I have taken the name of Daniel C Peterson in vain to the glory of Kerry A Shirts!

Oh, I see, ye have already gone down.

:surprised:

Hallelujah!

Amen.

:lol:

Yes, Shulem reigns down there.

:biggrin:
I will go down.

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

iwanttotalk wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:18 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:08 pm

Is this supposed to be some sort of gotcha revelation? I guess you got me then. I feel for other people when they needlessly suffer like most Mormons, christians, buddhists, muslims, atheists, or agnostics do.
Gotcha.... No. You’re ethical paradigm is rooted within the construct of Mormonism and therefore remains constrained therein. It is a limitation to your efficacy and blinds you to the outcome of your ideology. Which is the byproduct largely of hollywood programming.

That was the revelation. Your ethos supports the system. As the CIA said to Ted Kazinsky “your not a revolutionary your a conformist, your conforming to the revolution”.

Ted thought he had freed himself, but in reality he just conformed to the ideology of the cultural revolution which was the ideology of the Man. He was never free.

Neither are you. You have adopted not a rebelious ideation but the extreme conformance of the ideology of the Man.
Nice try. I merely said that I had empathy for human beings and then you attempted to insert your Mormon paradigm on me. Why? To claim that I still follow or agree with what some Mormons do even though I left? So the ____ what jack ass.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

iwanttotalk
Star A

Post by iwanttotalk »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:42 pm
iwanttotalk wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:18 pm

Nice try. I merely said that I had empathy for human beings and then you attempted to insert your Mormon paradigm on me. Why? To claim that I still follow or agree with what some Mormons do even though I left? So the ____ what jack ass.
You shouldn't be upset with me but the great fool Carl Sagan the most useful of idiots. You think his rise and those like him was an accident? He inducted entire generations into the theology of godless atheism and humanism which is little more than marxism. He ripped the soul and the immune system out of western nations poisoning the tree of life from which it grows.

You werent under the delusion that your beliefs were your own were you? Very few are so burdened.

cwald
God

Post by cwald »

Oh wow. This is my life. This is my story. Well said.
Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:11 am
I post on these sites because my family is still in and politely looks down on me for not continuing to believe the obvious fairy tales. I've tried to politely let them know my position but they refuse to engage, yet they cheer when so and so from the extended family goes on a mission or gets married in the temple. They also politely encourage me to sit in the temple penalty box when the celestials are in watching the sealings. My father understands the issues but won't publicly admit it for my mom's sake and he loves his GA friends and doesn't want to lose those friendships either.

I often wonder if they would simply leave me alone, and everyone else, then perhaps I would lose interest. However, their business model depends on continuing to trick new dupes into paying tithing and offerings to the secretive fund and they've convinced themselves it is true. So, they aren't going away any time soon. And I guess I won't either.

Too bad the church and other churches can hide behind the first amendment. Perhaps the millenials and younger generations will see some day that fraud is fraud even when dressed up as a religion. People can certainly believe whatever, but, when it comes to missionary work, that's where it should be different. Many disclaimers should be given to the potential dupes and full and complete disclosure should be demanded of churches and their finances and no tying payment of fees to religious rites should be allowed.

Themis
God

Post by Themis »

iwanttotalk wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:28 pm
He inducted entire generations into the theology of godless atheism and humanism which is little more than marxism.
Better not to use words you don't understand until after you understand their meanings. :wink:

Temp. Admin.
Deacon

Post by Temp. Admin. »

iwanttotalk:

Do you believe that people's interest in Mormonism post-departure should match your personal experience thereof in every respect? If not, are they inferior to you?

Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:11 am
I post on these sites because my family is still in and politely looks down on me for not continuing to believe the obvious fairy tales. I've tried to politely let them know my position but they refuse to engage, yet they cheer when so and so from the extended family goes on a mission or gets married in the temple. They also politely encourage me to sit in the temple penalty box when the celestials are in watching the sealings. My father understands the issues but won't publicly admit it for my mom's sake and he loves his GA friends and doesn't want to lose those friendships either.

I often wonder if they would simply leave me alone, and everyone else, then perhaps I would lose interest. However, their business model depends on continuing to trick new dupes into paying tithing and offerings to the secretive fund and they've convinced themselves it is true. So, they aren't going away any time soon. And I guess I won't either.

Too bad the church and other churches can hide behind the first amendment. Perhaps the millenials and younger generations will see some day that fraud is fraud even when dressed up as a religion. People can certainly believe whatever, but, when it comes to missionary work, that's where it should be different. Many disclaimers should be given to the potential dupes and full and complete disclosure should be demanded of churches and their finances and no tying payment of fees to religious rites should be allowed.
Dr. Exiled--

I wonder, did you see this remark on "Sic et Non," where Dr. Peterson appears to be gloating about the fact that he censored you?:
Sic et Non wrote:I have to admit that I consider it a good move to have restricted or blocked the participation of certain folks here who came from a message board that it is immoral to mention in any negative way. I agree that the tone here has markedly improved.

And it was, after the fact, somewhat gratifying to have blocked one person in particular: When I saw him at his internet home (which it would be wrong ever to criticize), lamenting the fact that Latter-day Saint missionary efforts are protected under current interpretations of the First Amendment, I felt a distinctly warm glow at having barred him from posting here.
What kind of a "polemicist" leans so heavily on censorship in an effort to score points?
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

Temp. Admin.
Deacon

Post by Temp. Admin. »

. . . a message board that it is immoral to mention in any negative way. [SNIP!] . . . his internet home (which it would be wrong ever to criticize), . . .
Is he mocking the deal Dr. Moore made with him?

Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:58 pm
. . . a message board that it is immoral to mention in any negative way. [SNIP!] . . . his internet home (which it would be wrong ever to criticize), . . .
Is he mocking the deal Dr. Moore made with him?
Yes: of course he is. At least, that is one way of looking at it. The other is that Dr. Moore has utterly owned them. They've censored themselves for the sake of a couple of bucks. This puts DCP's compensation for Mopologetics in a whole new light.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

"Yes: of course he is. At least, that is one way of looking at it."

Hmm, that's an interesting point. Yes, perhaps he's serious and has had a major change of heart? Well, he's skating on thin ice here, so long as the literal reading is on the table, perhaps he can get away with it. But as soon as he clarifies that he's being sarcastic, then he's in clear violation of his agreement.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

He doesn't want to follow through on any agreement with Dr. Moore. That is obvious. It's too much fun attacking. But how can he get out of the embarrassment of admitting such? My guess is that DCP and the mopologists who follow the DCP sect are praying for a reason to void the agreement with Dr. Moore so they can go back to combat without the guilt model pushed by Packer and no layups Maxwell. Maybe they will ham up any disagreement in order to create the conditions for claiming that defense, mope style, is necessary? DCP banned Dr. Shades and me recently and soon will do so to our esteemed comedian Senor Pinguino, after abusing him of course (they love to isolate and attack like any chicken ____ gang would do). They are itching to claim that it is simply too much to have to deal with critics and that they need to defend themselves with a few elbows and stalking tactics (business as usual was so nice for them, victimology is a science they love).
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:08 am
... and no layups Maxwell.
Is there any evidence that Elder Maxwell intended the defense of the Church to become a breach of good decorum?

If current members of the Maxwell Institute were to look at Sic et Non, what would they make of it?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

moksha wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:38 am
Dr Exiled wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:08 am
... and no layups Maxwell.
Is there any evidence that Elder Maxwell intended the defense of the Church to become a breach of good decorum?

If current members of the Maxwell Institute were to look at Sic et Non, what would they make of it?
I guess the mopologist gang would reference the "no uncontested slam dunks" speech Maxwell made. According to them, that means it's ok to foul the opponent on those types of occasions, apparently. How that translates to defending the faith and whether Maxwell would approve of Midgley stalking Ms. Colvin or Ms. Tanner is another question. I don't think the brethren or the current members of the Maxwell Institute would approve of such tactics openly. The brethren might approve of the tactics in private but would deny, deny, deny if confronted publicly, just like Elder Dodo did when interviewed by the BBC. The church still has a Strengthening the Church Members Committee or something like it and the church loves to excommunicate critics once the critics get a following. Perhaps the brethren love having someone like Midge the stalker being obtuse for them while they sit back pretending to be holy, counting their investment gains?