Witnesses Film - help needed

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Re: Witnesses Film - help needed

Post by _I have a question »

Something struck me about this insight:
Here’s what the producer wrote to me:
“Do you know any wranglers/horsemen used to filmmaking in the upstate New York area? We need a couple of “sneaking riders” with horses. [Also] runner for food/lunches since any run is about ½ hr each way—GCV is very rural. But we can probably find a local production assistant to help us out.”
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... -june.html

According to the website, the producer is a chap called Russell Richins of Red Brick Filmworks see Here.
Here’s what Red Brick Filmworks have to say about themselves:
We have decades of experience in all aspects of media production, including feature films, documentaries & docudramas, and commercials.
Why would a so-called industry professional with “decades of experience” need to call on the amateur Executive Co-Producer to rustle up a couple of horse riding extras? On what basis does Richins think Peterson can assist - does he think Peterson has unique contacts within the film industry? Does Richins think Peterson is integrated with the upstate New York horse riding community?

Here’s what struck me - RichIns is should be embarrassed that he’s had to go running to his boss because he needs a couple of extras and some food supply. Peterson should be incandescent that the supposedly professional producer he’s hired cannot solve such a basic film challenge as getting some extras and a food assistant. Peterson should never have posted this on his blog, it makes Richins look like an idiot who doesn’t know what he’s doing and therefore undermines the idea that Witnesses is a properly put together enterprise.

Professional? Really?
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: Witnesses Film - help needed

Post by _Lemmie »

Especially since an East Coast commenter on the Witnesses movie Facebook already lists herself as

Angela Kazanovicz

Intro

Horse Wrangler at Witnesses Film

From Cambridge, Massachusetts

https://www.Facebook.com/akazanovicz/about?section=work
Apparently she worked for them when they were filming at Sturbridge. Even if she isn’t available, surely she would be a better person to ask for assistance than Peterson.