Mormonism and Social Justice

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Re: Mormonism and Social Justice

Post by _huckelberry »

Symmachus wrote:Last, where do you think Ezra Taft Benson got his views from?
///moksha replied'
"I think they seeped through some area of the earth, where the crust was thin and magnetic variations from sunspot activity allowed a hell portal to erupt."
That area of the earth you're talking about is just beneath the soil that nourishes Idaho's potatoes.

By the way, does anyone know about an incident where Benson, circa 1988, was giving a talk in a priesthood session of conference and, just as he started muttering about "communist potatoes," was whisked away from the podium by Hinckley? I have heard rumors about this but have never been able to verify or find more information.

A nice switch from the geological literalism of the relationship between southern Idaho and the Yellowstone hot spot then to a fanciful just so folk tale of communist potatoes.

I think I will remember communist potatoes. They may turn up in the coming election. (planted by Obama and those invaders from the south.

Symmachus, I think your previous post about Mormon political beliefs reflecting the broader social pond it sits in is a collection of clear points. Mormon miners is a category which I forget. Harry Reid is a reminder.

I am not sure if Moksha's question disappears entirely though. If I review my personal anecdotal information I note a number of Mormons who have seen Mormon history ,experience and beliefs as pointing to increased social awareness, the need to work together helping those in need. However a large portion of people wishing to point that out that I know of have drifted away from the church. Well in truth not all.
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

Maksutov wrote:I started blocking her years ago because of her vile vicious lying b******t. Don't waste your time with her. :cool:

You’re so cool, Makdutov. Some want to be just like you - think like you, maybe because you’re so original and open minded. Anything but bigoted - intolerant of those who think differently than your herd. Like George Carlin! :wink:

“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups [especially groups who deny anatomy facts].”

“I love and treasure individuals as I meet them, I loath and despise the groups they identify or belong to.”

People who exit one herd mentality or cognitive dissonance without fully understanding it, tend to just enter another. Many post-mormons tend to switch from Mormon ideologies to homosexual ideologies and again shun dissent. And most have no idea that they have even been subject to mind control.

The following are some quotes and admissions of mind control from its homosexual activist authors from "After the Ball..."

*"The homosexual agenda can succeed by conversion of the average Americans emotions, mind, and will, through a planned psychological attack in the form of propaganda to the nation via media (page 153)

*“Propaganda relies more upon emotional manipulation than upon logic, since its goal is to bring about public change” (page 162)

*Propaganda can be unabashedly subjective and one-sided, there is nothing wrong with this (page 163);

*"The Homosexual agenda can succeed by “desensitization” achieved by lowering the intensity of antigay emotional reactions to a level of sheer indifference" (page 153)

*”The Homosexual agenda can succeed by “jamming” and “confusing” adversaries, so as to block or counteract the “rewarding of prejudice” (page 153);

*“Desensitizing” is “our recipe” for converting “ambivalent skeptics”;

*"Make victimizers look bad by linking to Nazi horror while helping straights to see gays as victims and feel protective towards them" (page 221);

*"The Nazi story of “pink triangle as a symbol of victimization” should be a sufficient opening wedge into the vilification of our enemies (page 190

*"It is acceptable to call people “Homophobic” or “Homohaters” if they do not agree 100% with homosexual views, opinions, or behavior. (page xxiii)

*"Show grisly victimization of gays and demand that readers identify themselves with EITHER social tolerance OR gruesome cruelty";

"All speech that is opposing homosexual behavior should be banned under “clear and present danger to public order” (page 101)"

*"In time we see no reason why more and more diversity should not be introduced into the projected image (i.e., drag queens, pedophiles, etc.) (page 186)

*"Ads must manage to get the word gay into the headline or tagline (page 207)

*"Several years down the road, our tactics will have carved out, slice by slice, a large portion of access to mainstream media" (page 213)

*"Associate and link gays to good causes and non-controversial activities" (page 219)

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=44c_134 ... comments=1
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

You gave a link, Amore, but really your comment is just a cut and paste from a poster named “Thinker” on ldsfreedomforum. Is that why your post so completely and incongruously segues into quotes disparaging “homosexual activism” when you were actually trying to accuse Maksutov for “herd” thinking for posting his opinion of you?

Unless you actually are “Thinker” (which seems highly unlikely, based on recent posts), here’s their post you copied, in true herd thinker mentality. Even though you gave an original link, all you did is copy over exactly what Thinker excerpted from the link. What a fail.
...People who exit one herd mentality or cognitive dissonance without fully understanding it, tend to just enter another. Many post-mormons tend to switch Mormon ideologies with homosexual ideologies and again shun dissent. And most have no idea that they have even been subject to mind control.

The following are some quotes and admissions of mind control from its homosexual activist authors from "After the Ball..."
Notice black-and-white/all-or-nothing/us-vs-them thinking patterns...

"The homosexual agenda can succeed by conversion of the average Americans emotions, mind, and will, through a planned psychological attack in the form of propaganda to the nation via media (page 153)

“Propaganda relies more upon emotional manipulation than upon logic, since its goal is to bring about public change” (page 162)

Propaganda can be unabashedly subjective and one-sided, there is nothing wrong with this (page 163);
"The Homosexual agenda can succeed by “desensitization” achieved by lowering the intensity of antigay emotional reactions to a level of sheer indifference" (page 153)
"The Homosexual agenda can succeed by “jamming” and “confusing” adversaries, so as to block or counteract the “rewarding of prejudice” (page 153);
“Desensitizing” is “our recipe” for converting “ambivalent skeptics”;

"Make victimizers look bad by linking to Nazi horror while helping straights to see gays as victims and feel protective towards them" (page 221);
"The Nazi story of “pink triangle as a symbol of victimization” should be a sufficient opening wedge into the vilification of our enemies (page 190
"It is acceptable to call people “Homophobic” or “Homohaters” if they do not agree 100% with homosexual views, opinions, or behavior. (page xxiii)
"Show grisly victimization of gays and demand that readers identify themselves with EITHER social tolerance OR gruesome cruelty";

"All speech that is opposing homosexual behavior should be banned under “clear and present danger to public order” (page 101)"

"In time we see no reason why more and more diversity should not be introduced into the projected image (i.e., drag queens, pedophiles, etc.) (page 186)

"Ads must manage to get the word gay into the headline or tagline (page 207)
"Several years down the road, our tactics will have carved out, slice by slice, a large portion of access to mainstream media" (page 213)
"Associate and link gays to good causes and non-controversial activities" (page 219)

https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/posting ... 96d896806a

_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Amore wrote:

People who exit one herd mentality or cognitive dissonance without fully understanding it, tend to just enter another. Many post-mormons tend to switch from Mormon ideologies to homosexual ideologies and again shun dissent. And most have no idea that they have even been subject to mind control.

[i]*"The homosexual agenda can succeed by conversion of the average Americans emotions, mind, and will, through a planned psychological attack in the form of propaganda to the nation via media (page 153)

*“Propaganda relies more upon emotional manipulation than upon logic, since its goal is to bring about public change” (page 162)

*Propaganda can be unabashedly subjective and one-sided, there is nothing wrong with this (page 163);

*"The Homosexual agenda can succeed by “desensitization” achieved by lowering the intensity of antigay emotional reactions to a level of sheer indifference" (page 153)

*”The Homosexual agenda can succeed by “jamming” and “confusing” adversaries, so as to block or counteract the “rewarding of prejudice” (page 153); ......etc

Amore, I am not familiar with the exMormons (homosexual ideologies shunning dissent)you speak of. Perhaps there is a colony somewhere.

There are a few points in the book you mention which are questionable to my mind but the main drift sounds like a well considered plan.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Symmachus wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:24 pm
By the way, does anyone know about an incident where Benson, circa 1988, was giving a talk in a priesthood session of conference and, just as he started muttering about "communist potatoes," was whisked away from the podium by Hinckley? I have heard rumors about this but have never been able to verify or find more information.
While Benson was an avowed foe of the so-called "communist potato" - he was wary of how they seemed clustered at the roots, he never the less accepted capitalist potatoes as long as they pledged allegiance to the free market and vowed to donate 10% of their tonnage to the Church.

I hope more information about Elder Hinckley diverting Benson away from the podium comes to light.