- Everyone is welcome. Every opinion is welcome.* Therefore, do not "de-invite" anyone or suggest that they go elsewhere. Please do not do this via e-mail or private message, either.
- Do not post faux moderator comments. To this end, do not use red-colored font. Any message falsely portrayed as being from a moderator will be deleted.
- Do not make mention of anything that allegedly transpired or is transpiring via the chat room or via private message that the source him- or herself has not overtly made public. People who communicate behind-the-scenes obviously intend their communications to remain behind-the-scenes. Any post on the board itself making reference to such things will be deleted.
- Do not "derail" threads or otherwise insert commentary that has nothing to do with a thread's opening post.
- If you wish to start a thread having nothing to do with Mormonism, do so only in the Spirit Paradise Forum or the Spirit Prison Forum. That's what they're there for.
- "Cross-posting" from other message boards is allowed. Feel free. If you do this--or if you just mention content hosted at another site--always provide a link to that content so people can find out just what it is you're talking about.
- Do not reveal personal or "in real life" information about any poster on this site that he or she has not explicitly revealed here. This includes avoiding mention of his/her actual first or last name, even if he or she has made it available on some other website.** This also includes information harvested from Facebook.
- Do not make threats or take actions to disrupt the smooth operation of this message board, either through hacking, spamming, frivolous complaints, lawsuits against the board or its moderators, or any other means. Please do not do this via e-mail or private message, either.
- Do not make threats or take actions to cause another member to feel harassed or fearful for his or her safety "in real life." Please do not do this via e-mail or private message, either.
- Do not EVER "link-and-run." If you post a link to something, always explain what's at the other end of the link, why it's important, and what you hope other readers / viewers learn from it. RULE OF THUMB: If it's not worth your time to describe it, then it's not worth our time to click on it.
- Do not make disparaging comments about Perfume, the official Japanese electro-pop group of MormonDiscussions.com.
- Moderators and administrators will follow the spirit of the law, not the letter of the law. Try to see things from their point of view.
*_Unless it violates Universal Rule #11, in which case the latter rule takes precedence.
**See this post for further clarification of Universal Rule #7 and the penalties for violating it.
RULES FOR THE CELESTIAL FORUM:
- Keep all communications "Rated G."
- No personal attacks allowed whatsoever. This includes personal attacks against a person's family members.
- No disrespectful communications allowed. Address the ideas, not the person who posts them.
- No swear words allowed. Not only does this mean to avoid the "F" and "S" words and any of their many variants, it also means to avoid lesser bad words such as "____," "piss," "ass," etc. Altering the spelling or substituting a symbol for a character does not give you a free pass to disregard this rule.
- No specific temple content allowed.
RULES FOR THE TERRESTRIAL FORUM AND THE SPIRIT PARADISE FORUM:
- Keep all communications "Rated PG" to "Rated PG-13" or better.
- No blatant or otherwise obvious personal attacks allowed. This includes personal attacks against a person's family members.
- Do not use the "F" or "S" words or any of their many variants. Altering the spelling or substituting a symbol for a character does not give you a free pass to disregard this rule.
- No specific temple content allowed.
RULES FOR THE TELESTIAL FORUM AND THE SPIRIT PRISON FORUM:
- Keep all communications "Rated R" to "Rated NC-17" or better. In other words, no blatantly pornographic words or images.
- No personal attacks against a person's family members.
All rules are subject to change or clarification as the need arises.
OTHER HELPFUL THREADS
The following aren't rules, but they nevertheless contain helpful information to make your experience here at MormonDiscussions.com more rewarding:
- 15 habits of highly effective message board users (How to become a fantastic poster)
- Technical support F.A.Q.
- How to turn off the "auto-correct" and "smilie" features
- Temporary forum to use if this site goes offline (I suggest bookmarking this)