It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: If you were to write a book. . . .
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:21 pm 
God

I agree that abortion (mothers encouraged to pay to have their own children killed based on age discrimination) is a sign of a sick society.

The plastic surgery issue may be also a sign of denial and perfectionism but isn’t as bad as abortion.

Dysfunctional herd mentality - going along with what’s popular even when it’s unethical and illogical - would be my top reason for pathological societies.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:09 pm 
Stake High Council

Amore wrote:
I agree that abortion (mothers encouraged to pay to have their own children killed based on age discrimination) is a sign of a sick society.

The plastic surgery issue may be also a sign of denial and perfectionism but isn’t as bad as abortion.

Dysfunctional herd mentality - going along with what’s popular even when it’s unethical and illogical - would be my top reason for pathological societies.

Things like abortions, plastic surgery, and other extreme measures were developed by the desperate women of the high courts, where beauty and an unwanted child was a matter of survival. A mistress might lose her support if she were pregnant or if she lost her beauty.

They all did this to please their men, or protect or preserve his interest. Or maybe a wife that to keep her husband in the dark.

The point is, all of these things were developed in an oppressive society. In a society of the empowered female, these things shouldn't happening. So, what was created under the oppressive reign of men, is now the everyday solution.

Does the oppression still exist? Are women still under the thumb of men? Or, is this the truth of free women? Looking to kill their unwanted unborn? What would they do if they in power? Kill the unwanted men? I've heard women openly fantasize about such power, when they have a few men for a sperm bank, maybe kept in an isolated area.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:29 pm 
God

SPG wrote:
Amore wrote:

Things like abortions, plastic surgery, and other extreme measures were developed by the desperate women of the high courts, where beauty and an unwanted child was a matter of survival. A mistress might lose her support if she were pregnant or if she lost her beauty.

They all did this to please their men, or protect or preserve his interest. Or maybe a wife that to keep her husband in the dark.

The point is, all of these things were developed in an oppressive society. In a society of the empowered female, these things shouldn't happening. So, what was created under the oppressive reign of men, is now the everyday solution.

Does the oppression still exist? Are women still under the thumb of men? Or, is this the truth of free women? Looking to kill their unwanted unborn? What would they do if they in power? Kill the unwanted men? I've heard women openly fantasize about such power, when they have a few men for a sperm bank, maybe kept in an isolated area.

:rolleyes: sexist and misogynistic. No question. At least this is in telestial, where ____ like this belongs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:05 pm 
Stake High Council

Lemmie wrote:
:rolleyes: sexist and misogynistic. No question. At least this is in telestial, where ____ like this belongs.

That was predictable.

While I value your perspective, I don't agree with it.

You are no more qualified to judge me than I am you. Which is good for you, because I do have opinions about you.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:39 pm 
God

You're a hoot SPG. It's hard to tell if you are serious or just trolling but either way it is quite an entertaining ____ show to watch.

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson

Last edited by cwald on Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:38 pm 
God

cwald wrote:
You're a hoot SPG. It's hard to tell if you are serious or just trolling but either way it is quite an entertaining a ____ show to watch.

I know right? Given his earlier assertions about the existence of mermaids and how the earth used to be flat I am leaning toward trolling, but in either case, it is pretty entertaining.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:02 am 
Stake High Council

Lemmie wrote:
cwald wrote:
You're a hoot SPG. It's hard to tell if you are serious or just trolling but either way it is quite an entertaining a ____ show to watch.

I know right? Given his earlier assertions about the existence of mermaids and how the earth used to be flat I am leaning toward trolling, but in either case, it is pretty entertaining.

I'm having fun.

My task isn't to convert or convince you, merely expose you to different perspectives..... So that you know that they exist.

Those that would think, are usually entertained and rewarded.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:36 am 
God

Lemmie wrote:
cwald wrote:

spg wrote:
I'm having fun.

My task isn't to convert or convince you, merely expose you to different perspectives..... So that you know that they exist.

You think people are unaware of the perspectives you post? Please. :rolleyes: Your perspectives are old news, but please, share with us who set you to this task, and why?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:47 am 
Stake High Council

Lemmie wrote:
You think people are unaware of the perspectives you post? Please. :rolleyes: Your perspectives are old news, but please, share with us who set you to this task, and why?

You are unaware, or wish you were. You wish these perspectives would go away. As you said, these are old news.

Who set me to this task, you ask. Me. My desire to preserve our culture and heritage. The Bible tells us over and over, if we forget our God, we will worship someone else's.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:05 am 
God

SPG wrote:
Lemmie wrote:
spg wrote:
You are unaware, or wish you were. You wish these perspectives would go away. As you said, these are old news.

Who set me to this task, you ask. Me. My desire to preserve our culture and heritage. The Bible tells us over and over, if we forget our God, we will worship someone else's.

cwald was right, this is a hoot. So, because you are "unaware, or wish you were" of the vast and wide variety of perspectives held by participants on this board, you have set yourself the task of preserving YOUR single and individual "culture and heritage." It seems odd that the sexism and misogyny you are showing here are what you consider your culture and heritage.

Your bible tells you that if YOU forget YOUR god, YOU will worship someone else's, and you interpret that to mean that you should go find a group of disparate people and post irrationally. :lol: I'm guessing your bible might suggest a different task.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:37 am 
Stake High Council

This isn't just my perspective. I mean, it is mine, but it comes from many different places.

Yes, there is a section of the Bible that talks about how people would forget, become enslaved, and then sell God again, over, over and over.

You think your persistence is more important than mine?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:37 am 
God

SPG wrote:
This isn't just my perspective. I mean, it is mine, but it comes from many different places.

Yes, there is a section of the Bible that talks about how people would forget, become enslaved, and then sell God again, over, over and over.

You think your persistence is more important than mine?

Is that what this is about, you think persistence will make you important? By all means, then, persist away! Here, I'll help you get started:
spg, persisting, wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:01 pm 
Stake High Council

I am important to myself, which is enough for me.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:39 pm 
God

SPG wrote:

Not sure about anyone else, but I would like to hear the tale about The Lustful Mesoamerican Tapir one more time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:07 pm 
Stake High Council

moksha wrote:
SPG wrote:

Not sure about anyone else, but I would like to hear the tale about The Lustful Mesoamerican Tapir one more time.

Me too, what is it about. you

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6