It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Elder Pearson's FairMormon Presentation
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:30 pm 
Seedy Academician

Analytics wrote:
Is it odd to anybody that from the photos at least, most of the participants are, well, old? This is a meeting taking place in Provo--a young city with tens of thousands of college students. Why is it rare for anybody under the age of 50 to be attending a FAIR meeting? I would think that 20 years ago, the average age of these attendees was 10-15 years younger than the average age now.

Are these guys getting old, dying, and apostatizing faster than they are being replaced?

I noticed the same. Hey, Mopologetics just aren’t as cool as they were once upon a time. Gone are the days when folks could sup at the Nibley trough directly. The “next generation” just couldn’t carry the torch effectively. They also managed to wipe out a generation of interested, dynamic younger scholars like Bokovoy. Those they were able to keep were frankly the oddballs and losers. Now Hamblin is MIA, and Midgley eruptions are the equivalent of a fart-bomb detonation at a party. Then there are the Ufologists and fundamentalist literalists like Gee. Every talk Gee gives is a white flag waved to the critics. What can one say? Where to begin?

Mopologetics is worse than dead. It’s a laughingstock.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:54 pm 
Founder & Visionary

Kishkumen wrote:
Then there are the Ufologists and fundamentalist literalists like Gee.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

--kairos, 08-08-2018

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:58 pm 
Seedy Academician

Dr. Shades wrote:
You say that like it's a bad thing.

It certainly is an untenable approach if you expect your beliefs to match observable phenomena!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:41 pm 
Deacon

Lemmie wrote:
from the opening post link:
Quote:
Most misunderstanding about the Church can be tied to a relatively few key topics like Church history, temples, garments, Joseph Smith, polygamy, prophets, women, LGBT, and transparency.

'relatively few'? Relative to what?! Every religious concern ever, in every possible religion? Problems with 'Church history' alone sum up a tremendous amount of the religion. No wonder, as Pearson verified, half a billion living people have a negative view of the LDS religion.

More anti-Mormon lies. Half a billion living people have a positive view of the LDS religion. The world is not all anti-Mormon.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:59 pm 
God

The ufology is a bad thing. Well, more a crazy thing, but with a bad effect.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:33 am 
Son of Perdition

peacemaker wrote:
More anti-Mormon lies. Half a billion living people have a positive view of the LDS religion. The world is not all anti-Mormon.

Come here, my little lamb. I have something to tell you -- to whisper in your ear:

You're wrong. The world knows about Mormonism being a lie.

See for yourself, boy.

Explanation

Fig. 1. Abraham sitting upon Pharaoh’s throne, by the politeness of the king, with a crown upon his head, representing the Priesthood, as emblematical of the grand Presidency in Heaven; with the scepter of justice and judgment in his hand.

Fig. 2. King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head.

Fig. 3. Signifies Abraham in Egypt as given also in Figure 10 of Facsimile No. 1.

Fig. 4. Prince of Pharaoh, King of Egypt, as written above the hand.

Fig. 5. Shulem, one of the king’s principal waiters, as represented by the characters above his hand.

Fig. 6. Olimlah, a slave belonging to the prince.

Abraham is reasoning upon the principles of Astronomy, in the king’s court.

Be sure to check back for changes, updates, and additions

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:37 am 
God

peacemaker wrote:

How do you figure, and why did you stop at half a billion? Why not, say, six billion?

You remind me of the old codgers I knew growing up. They were a mix of pissed off, wildly misinformed, and pumped up on the notion they were somehow elite because of superpriesthood powers. It was insufferable.

Welcome to the real world, old man. You better start sourcing your claims with facts, and you better be prepared to defend them. This isn't Happy Valley and we're not letting you off the hook.

- Doc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:42 am 
Son of Perdition

Kishkumen wrote:

Mopologetics is worse than dead. It’s a laughingstock.

Indeed, the wicked witch is dead. The Internet will continue to publish and expose the shocking truth about Mormonism and it will become even more embarrassing being a Mormon. Knowing what I know now I'd be ashamed to admit being a member of that deceitful cult.

Poor, poor, pitiful John Gee. He has disgraced his profession. He has betrayed the ancient Egyptians and defamed their sacred memory. John Gee will go down in history as a traitor to the people he was suppose to defend and utterly failed to uphold their memory with dignity and honor.

Shame on you, John Gee -- you traitor!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:45 am 
Son of Perdition

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

Welcome to the real world, old man. You better start sourcing your claims with facts, and you better be prepared to defend them. This isn't Happy Valley and we're not letting you off the hook.

Right. Reel the fish in and fry him up. Put him under the light and expose him for what he is!

Mormonism = Deceit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:43 am 
God

Elder Kevin W. Pearson wrote:
Modern-day prophets such as President Russell M. Nelson have revealed that Christ will perform some of His “mightiest works” between now and when he comes again.

It’s a very bold prediction. Some time between now and forever, amazing things will happen. Clearly a true prophet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:40 am 
Son of Perdition

krose wrote:
It’s a very bold prediction. Some time between now and forever, amazing things will happen. Clearly a true prophet.

But it can't go on forever. A hundred years from now Mormonism will have to address the problem of why Christ hasn't returned and how long will the latter days continue. To be honest, I think the church will splinter apart and morph into factions by that time and collapse in itself and be sold off as a museum piece.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:28 am 
God

Pearson says he uses a "black box " for those issues that bother him- many tell us they "shelve" those items. He said he sometimes opens the black box to take alook at the issues that would ruin his paycheck if he embraced the truth and not the LDS answer. He forgot to mention that his black box has gotten so big he had to put an addition onto his house.

He does look slick in 900 dollar suit, Hermes tie and matching Costco glasses but it still does not cover the fact that he is full of BS!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:28 pm 
Valiant A

kairos, I miss your avatar. I would always read your posts and hear Brian’s voice. Perfect.

Keep in mind the 50 and over crowd are those who participated in the Temple Endowment that included those voilent penalties. Maybe that generation is more loyal because they committed to the gospel with a more, shall we say, ‘life or death’ oath. ?? That’s my generation by the way.
smac97 is too young to know. Just learned that based on a recent post.

And I hope knowledge of the penalties and initiatory are kept alive til the end. Ever read the 1932 version? My poor grandparents! Something about roots and tongues.

*I post this with caution in this forum. Peace.