It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Are coffee beans against the WoW?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:39 pm 
God

Coffee beans are loaded with health benefits. It's a super food. Of course my TBM friends and family would never drink coffee, but I wonder if they would be open to eating coffee beans, such as chocolate covered coffee beans. Are coffee beans acceptable for Mormons so long as they have not been combined with hot water?

Post subject: Re: Are coffee beans against the WoW?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:56 pm 
God

My TBM parents love coffee ice cream that has real coffee in it. I used to bring that to their attention but recently they announced to my TBM sister that they believe it is only coffee flavoring and not the real thing. My TBM sister seemed satisfied with this even though I knew better. I know I should probably tell their bishop because .... tattling for the Lord is an approved activity. However, I choose to let it slide.

So, as far as my TBM parents go I don't think they would eat coffee beans. It seems like they would view it as an appearance of evil sort of thing even though it isn't hot. My mother prefers the industrial sewage that is diet coke anyhow and that is where she gets her caffeine.

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:07 pm 
God

Exiled wrote:
My TBM parents love coffee ice cream that has real coffee in it. I used to bring that to their attention but recently they announced to my TBM sister that they believe it is only coffee flavoring and not the real thing. My TBM sister seemed satisfied with this even though I knew better. I know I should probably tell their bishop because .... tattling for the Lord is an approved activity. However, I choose to let it slide.

So, as far as my TBM parents go I don't think they would eat coffee beans. It seems like they would view it as an appearance of evil sort of thing even though it isn't hot. My mother prefers the industrial sewage that is diet coke anyhow and that is where she gets her caffeine.

Do they realize that the coffee beans are probably the healthiest thing in their ice cream?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:48 pm 
God

DarkHelmet wrote:
Exiled wrote:

Do they realize that the coffee beans are probably the healthiest thing in their ice cream?

I know they don't know that. Too bad Mormonism conditions them to think a certain way about coffee.

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:03 am 
God

DarkHelmet wrote:
Are coffee beans acceptable for Mormons so long as they have not been combined with hot water?

The problem Mormonism faces with the word of wisdom is trying to treat a generalised statement of healthy intent as a prescriptive rule about what can or cannot constitute a breach of your temple worthiness status.

(Fence Sitter, Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:20pm)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:05 am 
God

Only if made into a hot drink?

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:15 am 
God

It all depends on leadership roulette.

"The lives we lead now are not dress rehearsals, they are the only performance we have. Therefore what matters is what we have here, the people we know and and love and the good we can do for the world"
Sean Carroll

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:51 pm 
God

DarkHelmet wrote:
Coffee beans are loaded with health benefits. It's a super food. Of course my TBM friends and family would never drink coffee, but I wonder if they would be open to eating coffee beans, such as chocolate covered coffee beans. Are coffee beans acceptable for Mormons so long as they have not been combined with hot water?

Well, I mean, God created it all, sure, but there was just bound to be oversights and things he messed up. After all, who isn't aware that Organic Chemistry is a muthuh of a subject in school? God may be excused for blowing it with this one... we must protect God's greatness, his majisterial all encompassing knowledge for the most part, so that's my positive spin on his screwup.

Science is not reliable because it provides certainty. It is reliable because it provides us with the best answers we have at present. And it is reliability we need, not certainty. The most credible answers are the ones given by science, because science is the search for the most credible answers available, not for answers pretending to certainty. Carlo Rovelli

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:49 am 
God

SteelHead wrote:
Only if made into a hot drink?

What if it’s made into a hot drink that then goes cold?

(Fence Sitter, Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:20pm)