It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Intellect vs Instinct in LDS Theology
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:47 am 
God

I remember sometime in the past of asking the question, on a semi-FAIR minded forum, whether suddenly having the million-fold brainpower to manage celestial mechanics might dim our primal urge to boink. "Not so", the semi-FAIR minded apologists said, "we would retain our basic personalities".

I am still a bit skeptical that these two ideas, of unimaginable intellect and unquenchable primal instinct, go together. It seemed more like an earthly horniness was being forged into a wishful theology without a great deal of forethought regarding the cerebral aspects of immense celestial progression.

I suppose that those same apologists might point out that modern human sadists still retain the amoeba's tendency to flagellate.

Post subject: Re: Intellect vs Instinct in LDS Theology
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:04 pm 
God

Theosexuality is certainly an important topic. Kinsey has surely had enough time on the other side to provide us with a report. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:13 pm 
God

The part of the brain having to do with sexual pleasure shall remain within earth bound proportions, while the rest of the brain shall celestialize and create!!! Well hey, it's as a good a theory as anything else.... :geek:

Science is not reliable because it provides certainty. It is reliable because it provides us with the best answers we have at present. And it is reliability we need, not certainty. The most credible answers are the ones given by science, because science is the search for the most credible answers available, not for answers pretending to certainty. Carlo Rovelli

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:47 am 
God

The topic of sex in the hereafter comes, I believe, mainly from the ignorance of how 19th Century prophets felt that life could be created. Adam was not birthed. If, in the next life, we become Gods and Goddesses, we do not need to go through pregnancy and delivery in order to create life. And we certainly don't need to have sex. As I mentioned in another thread, artificial insemination is alive and well. Just because the 19th Century folks weren't aware of it, doesn't mean that it didn't exist. They made assumptions based on what they knew.

Frankly, I don't know why sex couldn't exist in the hereafter. However, it is not something that is needed to create life, so it's not something that needs to be "reserved" for the righteous. Sex is an extension of love. If we have an abundance of love in the hereafter, why wouldn't we have the ability to express it?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MormonDiscussions.com.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:57 am 
God

Almost the only thing I remember from The Godmakers was "endless celestial sex..." :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:53 pm 
God

Maksutov wrote:
Almost the only thing I remember from The Godmakers was "endless celestial sex..." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Decker didn't realize he was actually promoting Mormonism in some respects.

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:55 pm 
God

Exiled wrote:
Maksutov wrote:

Decker didn't realize he was actually promoting Mormonism in some respects.

Yeah. Or at least promoting making the Celestial Kingdom your goal if you are already Mormon. :lol:

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MormonDiscussions.com.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com