It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: From: Woman Shocked Her Behavior has Repercussions
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:35 am 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
She, of course tries to play the gender card mentioning that a male colleague got to keep his job when he posted on Facebook calling someone 'a ____ Libtard asshole'. This woman tried to get a man fired over her firing. Absolutely zero empathy for anyone else.

You're a ____ moron.

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)

Post subject: Re: From: Woman Shocked Her Behavior has Repercussions
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:45 am 
God

Why was this moved?

Does consistency mean nothing here?

"Good thing your safe space isn't being violated with the horrors of self-awareness." - Dmetri Cromwell (some guy on Facebook)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:25 am 
God

My guess would be one of these:

Quote:
No blatant or otherwise obvious personal attacks allowed. This includes personal attacks against a person's family members.

Do not use the "F" or "S" words or any of their many variants. Altering the spelling or substituting a symbol for a character does not give you a free pass to disregard this rule.

Coupled with it being reported. Do you have a post you also think should be moved? Did you report it?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:44 am 
God

Xenophon wrote:
My guess would be one of these:

Quote:
No blatant or otherwise obvious personal attacks allowed. This includes personal attacks against a person's family members.

Do not use the "F" or "S" words or any of their many variants. Altering the spelling or substituting a symbol for a character does not give you a free pass to disregard this rule.

Coupled with it being reported. Do you have a post you also think should be moved? Did you report it?

No, I don't report people's posts. I'm not the neighborhood watch, but I see posts that violate the above quoted rule all the time.

I'm not disputing this violates the rule. I'm asking about consistency.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:05 am 
God

Some Schmo wrote:
No, I don't report people's posts. I'm not the neighborhood watch, but I see posts that violate the above quoted rule all the time.

I don't know, I obviously didn't move it, nor report it. Both EAllusion and Shades have mentioned in recent meta discussions, mainly around MG, that they sometimes don't notice or think of moving these kinds of things often unless they are reported so that was my speculation.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:28 am 
God

Xenophon wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:

I don't know, I obviously didn't move it, nor report it. Both EAllusion and Shades have mentioned in recent meta discussions, mainly around MG, that they sometimes don't notice or think of moving these kinds of things often unless they are reported so that was my speculation.

Well, you may be right that it comes down to a lack of moderating manpower, but it feels like a capricious decision to move one post when I could likely find 10 in a few minutes that also break the rule but were ignored for (insert reason here). Just do a search on Cam's screen name.

It doesn't matter. I've stopped expecting consistency from this board. It's clearly too much to ask. And obviously, the moderators can do what they want since they feel no need to explain a move when it strikes their fancy to take action.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:26 am 
God

Cam misunderstood the rules in Spirit Paradise until a day or two ago. I suspect he’ll follow the rules going forward.

I think it’s clear that the mods don’t actively police the board on a regular basis. They mainly rely on us to report violations.

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:37 am 
God

I certainly didn't report the post. In fact, I didn't realize it had been moved until I noticed Some Schmo's screen name showing up on the Prison forum. His insults are about as impressive as watching Koko the gorilla fumbling around with a Rubik's cube.

But, then again, we're talking about a misogynist who actively suppresses women by working in his particular industry and not demanding his superiors (everyone?) cede his job over to a qualified person who identifies as a female.

- Doc

Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:29 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
I think it’s clear that the mods don’t actively police the board on a regular basis. They mainly rely on us to report violations.

It is what it is, I suppose.

How many people are here to monitor the tone of the board, though? I guess you'll always have your handful of board police.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:56 am 
God

While saying she did receive half a million job offers is satire, she did receive many legitimate job offers.