3G iPhone cometh bitches!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Hmmm... Well, I'm not a gamer. I use my Mac for work. I love it.

I own a music studio and I love the capacity of Garage Band for recording and track mixing. I can also file share with any Microsoft Office file because I have Office for Mac.

My husband's computer runs Vista and while he's still waiting for everything to boot up, I'm halfway through my emails, so I guess to each his own.
_Angus McAwesome
_Emeritus

Post by _Angus McAwesome »

liz3564 wrote:I own a music studio and I love the capacity of Garage Band for recording and track mixing.

That and video editing is one of the few things that Macs do well. However, there are similar programs for windows PCs and the increased power available to PCs means increased capability.

But still, a music studio... That's pretty 'effing cool, Miss Liz.

liz3564 wrote:My husband's computer runs Vista and while he's still waiting for everything to boot up, I'm halfway through my emails, so I guess to each his own.

I never understood why PC owners even bother turning their systems off these days. The only time I usually take any of my systems down is when required for driver/software updates. Otherwise these things stay on 24/7. I mean, why else did I buy those UPSs?
I was afraid of the dark when I was young. "Don't be afraid, my son," my mother would always say. "The child-eating night goblins can smell fear." Bitch... - Kreepy Kat
_Boaz & Lidia
_Emeritus

Post by _Boaz & Lidia »

Angus,

You like to tinker and play games with computers, I like to use them to complete work.

To each his/her own.
_Angus McAwesome
_Emeritus

Post by _Angus McAwesome »

Boaz & Lidia wrote:You like to tinker and play games with computers, I like to use them to complete work.

Never assume, grasshopper. My work rig is an even bigger monster then my gaming rig.

Want to know what the big sign that Mac isn't nearly as cool and useful as you think it is? They started switching over to Intel processors (and can now dual boot Windows). It's like a total sign, dude.
I was afraid of the dark when I was young. "Don't be afraid, my son," my mother would always say. "The child-eating night goblins can smell fear." Bitch... - Kreepy Kat
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Angus wrote:That and video editing is one of the few things that Macs do well. However, there are similar programs for windows PCs and the increased power available to PCs means increased capability.

But still, a music studio... That's pretty 'effing cool, Miss Liz.

Thanks, Angus! :)

I understand what you mean about some of the PC programs, but I looked into them. One of my students actually uses the comparable program from Sony, but it is a lot more awkward, and it takes two separate programs put together to do everything that Garage Band does with one.

I was an avid PC user, Microsoft certified (MCSD)...the whole 9 yards. That's all I had ever used. When I got my Master's degree in Computer Science, all of my programming involved using some type of Microsoft platform. I'm a very new "convert" to Mac.

LOL

When my laptop died, I knew I would have to replace it. I was still teaching at the college, but knowing that I was serious about the music studio, I had seriously researched recording software, and Garage Band was always consistently on top. Since I was able to get an educational discount, I bought my MacBook for roughly the same price I would have paid for a comparable Dell.

I seriously haven't been disappointed.

But, I do think that it all depends on what you use your computer for. There are serious work and play uses for both PC's and Macs. Hopefully, we'll be able to get along and play nice. LOL
_solomarineris
_Emeritus

Re: 3G iPhone cometh bitches!

Post by _solomarineris »

Boaz & Lidia wrote:[url=http://www.apple.com/iphone/]Image
[/url]

$199 will change your world.
Who else will be camped out in front of an Apple store on July 10th?

It can kiss my A**!!!!!!!
Present version SUCKS big time, hopefully they will get their s@##T together on this version......