Poll: Cook or not cook the Jersey Girl

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.

Cook or not cook the Jersey Girl

Total votes: 0

_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Poll: Cook or not cook the Jersey Girl

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I'm effectively trapped at home and so I feel compelled to foist a number of insane polls on you all. Deal with it.

This is about tanning beds. So, usually before I go to the shore (Jersey tawk for beach) I spend about a month slooooowly building a tan using tanning beds. I do so because quite frankly (as if this is any of your business) I spend the entire day on the beach. That is to say, I eat breakfast on the beach and leave when the sun starts to go down. I typically begin verrry conservatively cooking myself on a timer set for oh, I dunno, 6 minutes and work my way up to a toasty brown on about 20 minutes. I never turn red and never once get a sunburn on the beach. No weird dark freckly spots or nothing. Just a nice teddy bear brown.

But that's not your business either.

Okay, so I'm thinking I won't do that this year. I think I'll just pick up whatever sunshine the normal way...walking, gardening and pooling outdoors and leave it at that.

Since this is of earth shattering importance, I expect you to vote in the poll.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

It is my understanding that tanning leads to wrinkles later in life. Go for the spray-on stuff if you must.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Moniker
_Emeritus

Post by _Moniker »

I haven't had a tan since I was a pre-teen -- I went through a goth phase and learned that to be bright white (I glow in a wicked way under black lights!) was just as lovely as tan.

Avoid sun! Artificial or not. It is not good for thee!

I agree with abman, if you feel you must be brown then go for spray on.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I think I'll opt for one of these.

Not to worry, Moniker. I use SPF 30-50 and STILL manage to pick up a glow with that!

Let us glow and not bake.

;-)
Chinese Proverb
_Moniker
_Emeritus

Post by _Moniker »

I have a lovely umbrella that I use on the beach. I wear a nice floppy hat, too.

You should see me in my garden. I'm quite covered up. I slather on sunscreen like nutso. I love being outdoors and I've become quite skilled at enjoying the outdoors while not getting pink. :)
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Moniker wrote:I have a lovely umbrella that I use on the beach. I wear a nice floppy hat, too.

You should see me in my garden. I'm quite covered up. I slather on sunscreen like nutso. I love being outdoors and I've become quite skilled at enjoying the outdoors while not getting pink. :)

Where I live (high altitude) you soon learn the need for sunscreen. Here, you could literally burn in 15 minutes time without being aware of it.

I'm with you on the floppy hat!
Chinese Proverb
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

I voted, "Do not cook the Jersey Girl". ;)

I'm afraid I'm doing a bit of projecting. I burn VERY easily, so there is no tanning bed for this Goddess. I love the beach, but I tend to spend my time on the beach with LOTS of sunscreen under an umbrella.

I have a nasty sunburn from the pool this weekend which will peel. I hate my fair skin. :(
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Doesn't electrotan turn you into a carrot?
Last edited by Steeler [Crawler] on Fri May 30, 2008 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Always Thinking
_Emeritus

Post by _Always Thinking »

I voted for no cook. I like the idea of umbrellas, long sleeved shirts, hats, sunscreen, etc.