Apple TV is nothing short of AMAZING!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Boaz & Lidia
_Emeritus

Apple TV is nothing short of AMAZING!!

Post by _Boaz & Lidia »

My latest addition to my Mac life is an Apple TV.

This thing is kick ass!

It even works wonderfully with my older non HD, TV! (I will buy an HD TV when I can get a 1080 one off craigslist for under $300)

Photos, music, videos, movie trailers, our home videos, rental videos, Youtube, it is tooo kewl! I can't believe I waited this long to get one!

We rented our first movie right from the TV last night (for $2.99) and began watching it 2 minutes later! (we have 10MB DSL service) The quality is perfect, and no more skipping rental DVDs from scratches. We watched some music videos and some short films from youtube on it also.

Yes, I am eager to use the YouTube capability of it in my exmo efforts to spread the gospel TRUTH! We are hosting a party at our home for Memorial Day and you can count on me showing some gritty Mormon truth videos to our friends on it!!

I also added a new Apple Time Capsule (500GB vesion) which has the new faster wireless and a built in 500GB disk for backing up my MacBook Pro, and our two iMacs via Time Machine(included in OS X 10.5). My MacPro does TimeMachine to internal and FW800 drives as I have 2 TB of data..

The cult of Mac is bitchin. Mr. Jobs will continue to get tithes from me as long as his technology blessings continue to enrich my life!
_JonasS
_Emeritus

Post by _JonasS »

HOLY SHOOT!!!

I have a TV design that I have been working on for about 3 years, playing with it and almost started doing something about it, getting funding for a prototype and pre patent. I have a team of people to work with me on it when we have the resources. It is an awesome idea and if I get it to work I would be allowed to use one of the team members remote control that is uber funky. It is a bit like what you describe but much more complex and quirky.
"HOW DARE YOU KEEP US WAITING!!!!! I demand you post right this very instant or I'll... I'll... I'll hold my breath until I slump over and bang my head against the keyboard resulting in me posting something along the lines of "SR Wphgohbrfg76hou7wbn.xdf87e4iubnaelghe45auhnea4iunh eb9uih t4e9h eibn z"! "-- Angus McAwesome (Jul 21/08 11:51 pm)
_silentkid
_Emeritus

Re: Apple TV is nothing short of AMAZING!!

Post by _silentkid »

Boaz & Lidia wrote:My latest addition to my Mac life is an Apple TV.

This thing is kick ass!

I've been thinking about getting one of these. I've downloaded some TV seasons from iTunes: Lost Season 4 and Dexter Season 2. I don't like watching shows on my computer, so I've downloaded them to my iPod and hooked my iPod to my TV via a universal dock with an S-video cable. I route the sound through my receiver so I can hear it on my home theatre set-up. The picture quality is great and the sound is great. So, my question is, what's the difference between doing it my way or through an Apple TV device?
_GoodK

Post by _GoodK »

I'm glad you posted this. I've been thinking about getting this for a long time... since it came out. I think your post pushed me over the edge.
Thank you.