The DOJ IG Report is out

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Brackite
_Emeritus

The DOJ IG Report is out

Post by _Brackite »

The Huge DOJ IG Report is out that Hannity and his audience have been eagerly waiting for.

DOJ watchdog finds Russia investigation not improper, despite missteps

The report contradicts claims by Trump that the investigation was unlawful.

A major Department of Justice inspector general report released Monday has determined the FBI's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. election was launched with an authorized purpose, despite significant allegations of wrongdoing in how agents handled the counterintelligence probe of President Donald Trump's campaign.

The report can be read here.

"We did not find information in FBI or Department [Electronic Communications], emails, or other documents, or through witness testimony, indicating that any information other than the [Friendly Foreign Government] information was relied upon to predicated the opening of the [Russia] investigation," the inspector general's summary said.

Inspector General Michael Horowitz's office found the Russia investigation was launched in July 2016 based on suspicions shared with the U.S. about former Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos, and that the controversial 'dossier' authored by former British spy Christopher Steele was not relied upon in opening the investigation.

Horowitz found that DOJ had an authorized purpose in investigating whether there was a crime, and noted the "low threshold" for opening such an investigation. He also noted that while former FBI lawyer Peter Strzok was involved in the decision to open the investigation, the actual authorization came from his supervisor Bill Priestap, the former assistant director of the FBI's counterintelligence division.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/doj-wat ... wopack_hed

Washington (CNN) - The Justice Department's inspector general found that the FBI properly opened its investigation into Russian election interference but said there were major errors in how the agency conducted the probe.

The report released Monday by inspector general Michael Horowitz did not find "documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the decisions" to open investigations that initially focused on campaign advisers Carter Page, George Papadopoulos, Michael Flynn and former campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

While rebutting President Donald Trump's claims that the FBI illegally spied on his campaign, Horowitz's 435-page report criticized the FBI leaders and employees for how they handled four applications for surveillance under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act targeting Page.

Horowitz opened the probe early last year, and his office has reviewed more than 1 million records and conducted more than 100 interviews as part of its review, including a number of current and former law enforcement officials at the center of "deep state" conspiracies.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/09/politics ... index.html
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Re: The DOJ IG Report is out

Post by _Brackite »

Hannity Waves Away IG Report Conclusions, Declares Victory for Trump

Fox News host Sean Hannity largely ignored the conclusions of the Justice Department’s top watchdog, claiming victory despite Inspector General Michael Horowitz finding Monday that there was no political bias and the FBI had sufficient evidence to launch the Russia probe into Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign.

“Well, everything we said, everything we reported, everything we told you was dead-on center accurate,” Hannity said Monday on his radio show. “And the mob and the media has missed what is the biggest abuse of power corruption scandal in the history of the country.

“This report—putting aside whatever differences and—for the attorney general and for John Durham to come out like they have...it is all there in black and white,” the pro-Trump media star added. “It’s all there. Put the conclusion differences aside for a second here.”

Attorney General William Barr slammed the IG report and defended Trump in a statement on Monday, insisting the FBI launched “an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken,” contrary to the report’s findings.

Hannity’s Fox colleague Chris Wallace, meanwhile, said the real “headline” is that the report “didn’t find the things” Trump and Barr have alleged.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hannity-w ... itter_page
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

This is what Devin Nunez had to say about it. It didn't seem to vindicate the deep state to me.

Looks like DOJ IG Report is clear that Republican FISA abuse memo from February 2018 was accurate and actually understated the FISA abuse the dirty cops engaged in. Time for FISA court to take action!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... isa-abuse/
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

ajax18 wrote:This is what Devin Nunez had to say about it.

Devin Nunez? :lol:
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comme ... s/fab1efe/

[–]slakmehl

[+1]Georgia 3764 points 8 hours ago2

The full report. Here are excerpts of every single finding on political bias in the Executive Summary:

Page III. On Opening the Main Investigation.

We concluded that Priestap's exercise of discretion in opening the investigation was in compliance with Department and FBI policies, and we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced his decision.

Page IV. On Opening Four Individual Investigations of Page, Manafort, Papadapoulous and Flynn.

We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the decisions to open the four individual investigations.

Page VI. On FISA of Carter Page

We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the FBI's decision to seek FISA authority on Carter Page.

Page XVII. On Usage of Confidential Human Sources and Undercover Employees.

Finally, we also found no documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivations influenced the FBI's decision to use CHSs or UCEs to interact with Trump campaign officials in the Crossfire Hurricane investigation.

And a Bonus on Page II. On Steele Dossier playing no role whatever in the Predication of the Investigation

These officials, though, did not become aware of Steele's election reporting until weeks later and we therefore determined that Steele's reports played no role in the Crossfire Hurricane opening.

Emphatic rejection, on every single point, of the Barr/Trump conspiracy that the Russia investigation - or any aspect thereof - was politically biased or motivated.

inb4 some turboretard pops in and posts some dumb comment that effectively states:

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

DarkHelmet wrote:
ajax18 wrote:This is what Devin Nunez had to say about it.

Devin Nunez? :lol:

Here's a Devin explaining his phone calls from Parnas:

Speaking to Maria Bartiromo for her Fox Business show on Sunday morning, Nunes advanced a type of alternative explanation that has gotten some play on Fox News, suggesting the aforementioned call he received from Parnas on April 12 may have been placed by Parnas’s wife, not Parnas himself.

“I got a call from a number that was Parnas’s wife,” Nunes said. “I remember talking to someone, and I did what I always do which is that if you don’t know who they are, you put them to staff, and you let staff work with that person.”

Hey I don't know about you, but I am sick and tired of randomly being butt-dialed by the wifes of Ukrainian businessmen, you know what I mean?

So I guess that clears that up.

What planet are we living on?
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Trumpworld is relentlessly lying about the report exonerating their narratives in right-wing media while simultaneously going in regular media and attacking it with an entirely different set of lies. I feel like this trivial self-contradiction is only possible if they believe that the people they want to influence exist in information silos.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:….(clip)...

inb4 some turboretard pops in and posts some dumb comment that effectively states:

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"

- Doc

cool, you have effectively grasped the reality that an investigation can be opened..in fact, even the IG stated that opening an investigation is a low-bar exercise....quite easy to do.
But then the rest of the report is alarming and proves that the actions after the opening where wholly inappropriate, likely some illegal, and basically politically motivated.
But yeah, I appreciate how you choose to just ignore reality - only #TDS hair-fire would deny that the IG report is another nail in the DNC 2020 coffin.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent