Stephen Miller alleged white nationalist emails

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Stephen Miller alleged white nationalist emails

Post by _EAllusion »

The SPLC has an investigative report up with alleged emails Miller was sending to Brietbart in the run up to the 2016 election.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... ked-emails

The content of the emails show an intense focus on hardcore white nationalism. It's getting widespread coverage and the White House doesn't have a reply yet. Anything short of it being a mistake or fabrication is quite damning.

One of the principle advisors and speechwriters for Donald Trump and the shadow head of the administration's immigration policy just out there being a straight up Stormfront level thinker. And this wouldn't be even a little surprising to anyone paying to attention to his history and words.

Big congrats to all the very serious people I know who got offended at the suggestion that white nationalism has a home in the Trump administration. Great work all around.

Anyway, if we can mostly just move past the Trump admin torturing migrant children as a matter of policy, I'm pretty sure we can mostly overlook this too. But, maybe the "you said the magic words that make us feel safe calling you a racist!" press will bite on this in a way it doesn't with other things.

*shrugs*
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: Stephen Miller alleged white nationalist emails

Post by _Maksutov »

EAllusion wrote:Anyway, if we can mostly just move past the Trump admin torturing migrant children as a matter of policy, I'm pretty sure we can mostly overlook this too. But, maybe the "you said the magic words that make us feel safe calling you a racist!" press will bite on this in a way it doesn't with other things.

*shrugs*

Broken window effect.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Again, those were distinct comments in distinct posts Shades. If you want to follow me around editing my comments, suit yourself, but you are subtly altering what I am saying.
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

I suppose there would be an identity crisis when a person is born Jewish but looks just like Joseph Goebbels, forcing him to choose one or the other.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

EAllusion wrote:Again, those were distinct comments in distinct posts Shades.

How so? They both addressed the same thought.

If you want to follow me around editing my comments, suit yourself, but you are subtly altering what I am saying.

I don't see how, since all your words are 100% preserved and they all referred to the same thing, but suit yourself.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

The White House has released a statement. It does not dispute the authenticity of the emails.
_Smokey
_Emeritus

Post by _Smokey »

>The emails literally don’t mention the words “White Nationalism” a single time.

>The basis of the charges made by the disgraced SPLC are sharing links to a news website and recommending a book.

It is no surprise to us that the SPLC opposes news coverage of illegal-immigrant crime and believes such coverage is disproportionate, especially when compared to the rest of the media, which often refuse to cover such crimes.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Shades is Jason Gallentine
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »