US pulling out of North Syria

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Re: US pulling out of North Syria

Post by _Some Schmo »

EAllusion wrote:The US is sending additional military assets to Syria to secure oil fields. Well past time to pretend to believe a different talking point Subs.

In Trump world, it's far more important to protect minor oil fields than to support our military allies.

I wonder if this is what the end of the Roman Empire looked like: morons supporting moronic leadership long enough to drive the empire into the ground.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
EAllusion wrote:The US is sending additional military assets to Syria to secure oil fields. Well past time to pretend to believe a different talking point Subs.

There is no need to believe otherwise, so perhaps you could pretend to be informed and get back to me on what you are talking about.

Likely, EA is referring to that BS talking point you seem to trot out with some regularity, about how Trump is “ending the endless wars and bringing the troops home”.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

canpakes wrote:Likely, EAllusion is referring to that BS talking point you seem to trot out with some regularity, about how Trump is “ending the endless wars and bringing the troops home”.

Of course.

Also, why isn't the US sending expensive military assets to secure Syrian wind turbines? I don't get it.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Isn't the above graphic an example of a conspiracy theory?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr. Shades wrote:Isn't the above graphic an example of a conspiracy theory?

No. It’s literal fact. Go to Genie Energy’s wiki page.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Yes.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Res Ipsa wrote:Yes.

Doctor CamNC4me wrote:No. It’s literal fact. Go to Genie Energy’s wiki page

So there are two components.

1. Is the visible statement of the image correct - i.e., are these folks actually connected to Genie in the way claimed?

2. Is any implied statement suggested by the image correct - i.e., did these folks drive Administration policy to obtain benefit via Genie?

Then there’s the issue of if a conspiratorial suggestion should be read into the image to begin with, as opposed to the image attempting to illustrate a simpler conclusion or theme - i.e., corporate interests are finding a way to profit off of Administration policies regardless of which way those policies lean.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

CT is always grounded in some fact or facts. It’s the implication that the guys in the picture are the cause of events in the Syrian was that is CT.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951