Meanwhile in Ajax' neighborhood

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Re: Meanwhile in Ajax' neighborhood

Post by _Kevin Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
No, ajax, I have not.

I'm not defending the white guys in this video. They're idiots and criminals. But was the motive racism as Kevin says? Is the black man in this video really blameless? I think he's probably an idiot as well.

And there it is. "There are bad people on both sides."
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Holy crap, apparently this wasn't the first video. Check out the video in the upper left. He goes into the street to fight another black guy and after he gets laid out some little kid comes around and smacks the black kid over the head with what looks like a hammer.

https://Twitter.com/tyrone_brother/stat ... 44256?s=20
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

In other news, a white supremacist in Tennessee (of course!) raped and killed a black woman who worked at the prison he escaped from.

https://Twitter.com/tariqnasheed/status ... 59618?s=20
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

ajax18 wrote:
aussieguy55 wrote:How did you handle the Book of Abraham issue.

I put it on my shelf to deal with later. I believe hope and I believe in the unseen world. Ultimately I choose to believe. I believe in most near death experiences. I believe in an ultimate justice. At least right now, I feel like the Brethren share that belief with me.

I'm not sure how belief in the unseen world, near death experiences, and ultimate justice require a belief in the Book of Abraham, or require a person to put the Book of Abraham issues on "the shelf". Many people believe in those things while also believing the Book of Abraham is a fraud, or without having any knowledge of the Book of Abraham at all. The difference is these people don't care if "the Brethren" share their beliefs or not.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

I'm not sure how belief in the unseen world, near death experiences, and ultimate justice require a belief in the Book of Abraham, or require a person to put the Book of Abraham issues on "the shelf". Many people believe in those things while also believing the Book of Abraham is a fraud, or without having any knowledge of the Book of Abraham at all. The difference is these people don't care if "the Brethren" share their beliefs or not.

Well you're right. And I don't have a great answer for that.

For me, I could see that these important values would be lost to my children if I didn't keep them in church. A lot of religions have problems like this. I still feel guided by the spirit to be in the LDS church and participate.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.