FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated G through PG-13.
Post Reply
User avatar
Some Schmo
God
Posts: 14755
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 am

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Perfume on my Mind wrote:I actually think they are part of the problem. They lend credibility to a network that deserves no credibility.

You know, that thought has occurred to me too. I suppose it is possible that that is the sole reason they are still employed by Fox News.

Heh. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.

User avatar
Goya
Deacon
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 9:31 pm

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by Goya »

subgenius wrote:
Goya wrote:It is a Courbet and is probably originally a part of the Musée d'Orsay's L'Origine du monde (The Origin of the World); ...

probably?
its highly unlikely that it is any presumed "other part".
But a nice detail for an avatar.



Ah, thank you, Sub. Correction noted. I just googled it and you're right.

mikwut
God
Posts: 1605
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by mikwut »

E and Kevin,

I have done my own look into your thoughts that this white supremacist language equals white supremacy. I haven't been convinced by anything in your posts that because the use of language (or a word many times) is found to overlap with white supremacists makes someone a white supremacist. For example, someone who is currently against stopping illegal immigration, for a wall etc.. can use the word "invasion" all they want without being a white supremacist, in fact it can even go viral or take off but it doesn't make it so. Without the fact that that person is in fact a member of some white supremacist organization or some other evidence to make such a charge it is simply reckless, foolish and giving into what I posted earlier. Needing a simple answer to very complex human problems. I love america! I say that on the fourth of July, white supremacists say that. I am not a white supremacist. The logic is just horrible.

I would criticize the media for all this. The clip I provided above on RT I find to be the most balanced position. The criticisms of both sides of the media should be what is happening across our country to stop this nonsense. CNN just gave air time to an admitted white supremacist so they could get him to say Trump uses similar language. Why give these little enclaves of hate air time? Why do that? This just puts gas on small fires of real hate, burns and boldens fires of false virtue and it avoids the real issues our country faces. Any imbalance is a form of hate. The media is imbalanced. So if hate is what is the real enemy we shouldn't put up with the current state of affairs in the media. Both Fox and CNN/MSNBC etc.. should to held the fire. Joining one side is not helping. Banning watching Fox, CNN or other agenda driven media is what will send the message that our populace wants balanced journalism not radically left or right side talking heads.

I didn't vote for Trump, I won't vote for Trump in 2020. But he is not White Supremacist that I am sure. He is clumsy, inartful and God I wish someone could've convinced him otherwise to stay off twitter - but its just ridiculous and giving into real agenda's to keep a narrative that he is white supremacist.

mikwut

mikwut
All communication relies, to a noticeable extent on evoking knowledge that we cannot tell, all our knowledge of mental processes, like feelings or conscious intellectual activities, is based on a knowledge which we cannot tell.
-Michael Polanyi

"Why are you afraid, have you still no faith?" Mark 4:40

EAllusion
God
Posts: 17547
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by EAllusion »

At a certain point, if people who move in white supremacist circles make white supremacist arguments over white supremacist concerns using jargon particular to white supremacists, then I feel comfortable saying they are white supremacists. I realize that for some people the bar is so high for calling someone something tantamount to racist that no one can meet it in practice unless they adopt a few superficial traits such as wearing klan robes, having a swastika tattoo, using the n-word, etc. But the substance of white supremacy is stuff like this.

Is everyone at Fox a white supremacist? No. Is Tucker Carlson? Absolutely. He's heavily watched white supremacist who broadcasts white supremacist propaganda several days a week. Or he's pretending to be a white supremacist because selling their propaganda is a good racket. That might even be worse if it was the case. Is Laura Ingraham? Of course. Is Shepard Smith? No.

EAllusion
God
Posts: 17547
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by EAllusion »

mikwut wrote:I didn't vote for Trump, I won't vote for Trump in 2020. But he is not White Supremacist that I am sure.

mikwut


Let's take a recent episode. Trump trashed the the district of Rep. Cummings as a dangerous and filthy place infested with rats due to the failure of his leadership. "So?" you might say, "Trump lashes out at his critics. That doesn't mean it's racist." Only, the thing is Trump has an extensive pattern of referring to Congressional districts represented by black people using negative racial stereotypes of blacks. Specifically, he tends to describe them in the stereotypes of an "inner city" circa the late 80's. It's a consistent theme. He does this regardless of whether those stereotypes are even ballpark true. He attributes it to the failed leadership of black congressional representatives. The tempting thing to do is to point out that's not even what Congressional reps are responsible for, but what Trump is really doing is implying that blacks are unfit to govern and result in crime-infested, filthy chaos. I don't mean to suggest he does this with sophistication. This is a dullard racist idea that he's just tweeting out there when lashing out in frustration, usually prompted by something he saw on Fox. You don't typically see the same criticism lobbed at, say, Beto O'Rourke.

Meanwhile, actual crime infested, poor white areas are victims of circumstances beyond their control keeping them down. The main theme is they are the victims of foreigners stealing their jobs via immigration or trade. Sympathy for them, contempt for where blacks live.

This is a white supremacist view. This does not mean Trump is a sophisticated white supremacist. He's a racist from Queens who believes that blacks are just in general less civilized and that it's better to have whites around. He says so many different things that follow this theme. That's why he'd rather have poorly educated Norwegian immigrants than highly educated African immigrants from "____ countries."

Gunnar
God
Posts: 5559
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:17 am

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by Gunnar »

mikwut wrote:E and Kevin,

I have done my own look into your thoughts that this white supremacist language equals white supremacy. I haven't been convinced by anything in your posts that because the use of language (or a word many times) is found to overlap with white supremacists makes someone a white supremacist. For example, someone who is currently against stopping illegal immigration, for a wall etc.. can use the word "invasion" all they want without being a white supremacist, in fact it can even go viral or take off but it doesn't make it so. Without the fact that that person is in fact a member of some white supremacist organization or some other evidence to make such a charge it is simply reckless, foolish and giving into what I posted earlier. Needing a simple answer to very complex human problems. I love america! I say that on the fourth of July, white supremacists say that. I am not a white supremacist. The logic is just horrible.

I would criticize the media for all this. The clip I provided above on RT I find to be the most balanced position. The criticisms of both sides of the media should be what is happening across our country to stop this nonsense. CNN just gave air time to an admitted white supremacist so they could get him to say Trump uses similar language. Why give these little enclaves of hate air time? Why do that? This just puts gas on small fires of real hate, burns and boldens fires of false virtue and it avoids the real issues our country faces. Any imbalance is a form of hate. The media is imbalanced. So if hate is what is the real enemy we shouldn't put up with the current state of affairs in the media. Both Fox and CNN/MSNBC etc.. should to held the fire. Joining one side is not helping. Banning watching Fox, CNN or other agenda driven media is what will send the message that our populace wants balanced journalism not radically left or right side talking heads.

I didn't vote for Trump, I won't vote for Trump in 2020. But he is not White Supremacist that I am sure. He is clumsy, inartful and God I wish someone could've convinced him otherwise to stay off twitter - but its just ridiculous and giving into real agenda's to keep a narrative that he is white supremacist.

mikwut

mikwut

I'm glad you didn't vote for Trump and will not vote for him next year. Nevertheless, this last post of yours has reinforced my opinion that you are either willfully blind or cognitively impaired. But even if, despite all the evidence, Trump is not a dyed-in-the-wool white supremacist himself, can there really be any serious doubt that he deliberately panders to racists and white supremacists, and that at least some white supremacists take heart from his rhetoric and regard him as one of their own? Obviously many of these mass shooters do! Do you deny that?
No precept or claim is more deservedly suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison

Kevin Graham
God
Posts: 13030
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by Kevin Graham »

mikwut wrote:E and Kevin,

I have done my own look into your thoughts that this white supremacist language equals white supremacy. I haven't been convinced by anything in your posts that because the use of language (or a word many times) is found to overlap with white supremacists makes someone a white supremacist. For example, someone who is currently against stopping illegal immigration, for a wall etc.. can use the word "invasion" all they want without being a white supremacist, in fact it can even go viral or take off but it doesn't make it so. Without the fact that that person is in fact a member of some white supremacist organization or some other evidence to make such a charge it is simply reckless, foolish and giving into what I posted earlier. Needing a simple answer to very complex human problems. I love america! I say that on the fourth of July, white supremacists say that. I am not a white supremacist. The logic is just horrible.

I would criticize the media for all this. The clip I provided above on RT I find to be the most balanced position. The criticisms of both sides of the media should be what is happening across our country to stop this nonsense. CNN just gave air time to an admitted white supremacist so they could get him to say Trump uses similar language. Why give these little enclaves of hate air time? Why do that? This just puts gas on small fires of real hate, burns and boldens fires of false virtue and it avoids the real issues our country faces. Any imbalance is a form of hate. The media is imbalanced. So if hate is what is the real enemy we shouldn't put up with the current state of affairs in the media. Both Fox and CNN/MSNBC etc.. should to held the fire. Joining one side is not helping. Banning watching Fox, CNN or other agenda driven media is what will send the message that our populace wants balanced journalism not radically left or right side talking heads.

I didn't vote for Trump, I won't vote for Trump in 2020. But he is not White Supremacist that I am sure. He is clumsy, inartful and God I wish someone could've convinced him otherwise to stay off twitter - but its just ridiculous and giving into real agenda's to keep a narrative that he is white supremacist.

mikwut

mikwut



You asked for examples of something, I provided NUMEROUS, you ignored all but one which wasn't relevant, and now you're deferring to some video clip you saw on Youtube as an excuse for your failure to grapple with nuance and equating everything because that's just easier to do. If you're one of those guys who says CNN and MSNBC is JUST LIKE Fox then there is really nothing I can do for you. A lot of what that guy said on RT is just his opinion, and he didn't do much beyond present a correlation = causation fallacy + circular reasoning to support his case.

You seem to believe Trump isn't really anything that he really is because the Left created a false caricature of him in the media. The guy in the video doesn't really say that, but you seem to believe that's the logical understanding of what he's saying. This way, nothing Trump does or says can be used to prove the media is right about him because, well, your own little conspiracy theory says it is all a master plan for ratings.

And here I thought you were going to be a serious person. You criticize those who watch any form of mainstream media because that's where the real hate is, while you gloat about having the TRUTH from a Russian funded internet outlet. You can't make this ____ up.

mikwut
God
Posts: 1605
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by mikwut »

Kevin,

Sorry we disagree and you were not able to convince me. I take no umbrage.

You asked for examples of something, I provided NUMEROUS,


Examples of words or phrases that can find themselves used by actual white supremacists. Such an overlap is not proof of what you claim and it is reckless to smear people and leaders with the use of such charged and horrible language without proof. It is seriously like accusing someone of being a pedophile and then making them prove they are not. That correlation doesn't equal cause or a directly logical connection to being a white supremacist, sorry it just doesn't. I wouldn't dare present it as evidence in Court. It is conspiratorial. It is circular. It is media driven.

You seem to believe Trump isn't really anything that he really is


Listen to how certain you are. You don't say seemingly, or likely, you say is. When you do that you have to see things as supportive of your conclusion and your not open to the possibility of error.

Left created a false caricature of him in the media.


I was quite explicit that both sides of the media develop narratives that are false. I don't really want to hash out hundreds of examples, I believe it to be nearly obvious to serious people that aren't invested in one side being true and the other false.

This way, nothing Trump does or says can be used to prove the media is right about him because, well, your own little conspiracy theory says it is all a master plan for ratings.


My conspiracy theory? You are the one with a conspiracy theory that Trump and many of his associates are actual white supremacists. You are the one who has been charged to prove such hair raising allegation. If your saying the media being driven by the emergence of cable news ratings is a conspiracy well I guess I'm guilty, but that isn't nearly a stretch as yours. You even accept it but just for one side and not the other. The errors in Russia conspiracy are so numerous I won't waste time debating that. And you think ratings didn't drive that? Independents don't appreciate heightened rhetoric and smearing from either side. What is my evidence when I accept FOX is ratings driven that CNN isn't?

And here I thought you were going to be a serious person.


I am quite serious. That isn't an evidenced or rational argument that is an emotional response.

You criticize those who watch any form of mainstream media because that's where the real hate is
,

Not quite what I said. And what would the big deal be anyway your criticizing people for watching a certain form so am I.I encouraged that we stop supporting by our listening and support to charged, hyperbolic, hysterical, and nonsensical rhetoric found on both sides of the media. That is rational position.

while you gloat about having the TRUTH from a Russian funded internet outlet.


I didn't gloat. I presented it as the book that hasn't been released yet but the author who I have appreciated his work in the past being interviewed as a way to see what his book demonstrates. The fact it was on RT is irrelevant.

You can't make this ____ up.


Seriously?!? You can't make up media driven narratives that are really just meant to get views in a age of the internet when media has become extremely competitive? You can't make that up? Rather you choose the President of our Country is an actual white supremacist and you know this because of overlapping words even though context can clearly be seen from another narrative and perspective. OK, can't make that up.

mikwut
All communication relies, to a noticeable extent on evoking knowledge that we cannot tell, all our knowledge of mental processes, like feelings or conscious intellectual activities, is based on a knowledge which we cannot tell.
-Michael Polanyi

"Why are you afraid, have you still no faith?" Mark 4:40

mikwut
God
Posts: 1605
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by mikwut »

Hi Gunnar,

I'm glad you didn't vote for Trump and will not vote for him next year. Nevertheless, this last post of yours has reinforced my opinion that you are either willfully blind or cognitively impaired. But even if, despite all the evidence, Trump is not a dyed-in-the-wool white supremacist himself, can there really be any serious doubt that he deliberately panders to racists and white supremacists, and that at least some white supremacists take heart from his rhetoric and regard him as one of their own?


I bolded the last part as the the portion of your statement we could agree on. Just look at what you read. I haven't posted anything that is racist, charged or really problematic other than you disagree with it. But you respond with words like "cognitively impaired"? "willfully blind?". That isn't rational, that is emotional. It is unnecessary. You should embrace disagreement to sharpen your political opinions. Surely you don't believe you are just right and that's that do you?

Obviously many of these mass shooters do! Do you deny that?


Yes. I do. I believe it reduces a very complex matter to a boogeyman simplicity. But I don't believe you are willfully blind or cognitively impaired. Thanks for the post.

mikwut
All communication relies, to a noticeable extent on evoking knowledge that we cannot tell, all our knowledge of mental processes, like feelings or conscious intellectual activities, is based on a knowledge which we cannot tell.
-Michael Polanyi

"Why are you afraid, have you still no faith?" Mark 4:40

User avatar
canpakes
God
Posts: 8393
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:54 am

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by canpakes »

mikwut wrote:I believe it reduces a very complex matter to a boogeyman simplicity. But I don't believe you are willfully blind or cognitively impaired. Thanks for the post.

mikwut

‘Reducing complex matters to boogeyman simplicity’ is pretty much Trump’s only operating mode, and it has been so ever since he announced his candidacy. If you disagree with that, pick a topic, and we can examine this premise as it relates to that topic.

At some point, that relentlessly-applied tactic will have an effect on those that support his Presidency.

You seem to be arguing that Trump is incapable of having that effect.

Kevin Graham
God
Posts: 13030
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by Kevin Graham »

mikwut wrote:Kevin,

Sorry we disagree and you were not able to convince me. I take no umbrage.


You never came here to be convinced of anything. You already made your mind up based on some youtube clip.

mikwut wrote:Examples of words or phrases that can find themselves used by actual white supremacists. Such an overlap is not proof of what you claim and it is reckless to smear people and leaders with the use of such charged and horrible language without proof.


And your naïve dismissal of these overwhelming parallels doesn't negate what they truly are. Again, you asked for evidence and then seemed shocked and confused when you actually got it. Reducing it to just "words and phrases" as if we can expect these to just show up at any time, anywhere, is just silly. I'm comfortable knowing you're not convinced because you're still refusing to deal with any of the evidence. I'm still waiting for you to address the half dozen examples I produced which you were somehow unable to source, even after I did it for you.

mikwut wrote:It is seriously like accusing someone of being a pedophile and then making them prove they are not.


Actually its nothing like that at all.

That correlation doesn't equal cause or a directly logical connection to being a white supremacist, sorry it just doesn't. I wouldn't dare present it as evidence in Court. It is conspiratorial. It is circular. It is media driven.


No, it is established fact that there are certain talking points that originate and are driven by White Supremacist groups, and that those same points are then adopted by FOX News, who incidentally hosts many of the people who are white supremacists. This isn't circular, it is just an established fact.

Listen to how certain you are.


Yes, based on evidence. But its ok for you to be so certain the evidence doesn't say what it says.

When you do that you have to see things as supportive of your conclusion and your not open to the possibility of error.


That doesn't logically follow at all. If you had an argument to prove me wrong then you'd have presented it already. The fact is you have no idea what I am willing to bend on. But nothing negates the evidence that exists showing that the current President is a racist.

I was quite explicit that both sides of the media develop narratives that are false.


Which only means you've fallen for the nonsense that is constantly played out by so many people with intellectual laziness. Its just easier for them to say "____ it, everyone does it, therefore no side does it right or wrong." There is a clear difference between FOX and CNN. You haven't even begun to make them equal, and everyone on this forum who has tried in the past has failed miserably. Trump is a racist because of what he says and does, not because of Leftwing media spin. Just an example, when Trump paid $100,000 for a full page AD in the New York Times calling for the public execution of five black teens for a crime they didn't commit, that was grounds for suspicion that he could be racist. When he didn't pay for any other AD condemning white kids for rape, that strongly hinted that he was racist. But when DNA evidence exonerated the black teens and Trump to this day says they should be killed by the state, that proves he's a racist piece of ____ beyond all reasonable doubt. Your problem is that you're not reasonable. You're reduced all media outlets - except for Russian funded youtube clips - to be nothing more than a mass conspiracy to set everyone up against one another.

I believe it to be nearly obvious to serious people that aren't invested in one side being true and the other false.


It is a belief you take on faith, which is why you don't want to "hash out" hundreds of examples that may prove you wrong.

My conspiracy theory? You are the one with a conspiracy theory that Trump and many of his associates are actual white supremacists


That isn't a conspiracy theory, it is an established fact. The conspiracy theory is what you propose and what Taibbi proposes when he asserts, with absolutely no evidence whatsoever, that CNN and MSNBC at some point sat down at the table and decided to adopt FOX News's business model because its all about money and ratings. That's what a conspiracy theory is. Saying Trump and many of his associates are white supremacists requires no "conspiracy."

You are the one who has been charged to prove such hair raising allegation.


Which I have done, which you have ignored because you refuse to do the necessary legwork beyond clicking on on a youtube video.

If your saying the media being driven by the emergence of cable news ratings is a conspiracy well I guess I'm guilty


If you watched the video that's not all of what he said.

The errors in Russia conspiracy are so numerous I won't waste time debating that.


Of course you won't. But you'll waste everyone's time here with this long winded pretense of being interested in a discussion when in reality you're just trying to float one of your favorite youtube personalities. You could have done that without pretending to be interested in discussing evidence, by calling for evidence you then say you can't source or won't "hash out."

And you think ratings didn't drive that?


You don't seem to understand that just because true events drive ratings doesn't make them true. It doesn't make them to lie. Trump's administration is a dumpster fire that requires no lying by the media to drive that point home. In fact most of what they do is just let him shoot himself in the foot by quoting his own words in interviews, press conferences and tweets.

Independents don't appreciate heightened rhetoric and smearing from either side. What is my evidence when I accept FOX is ratings driven that CNN isn't?


CNN's ratings are down precisely because they host people like White Supremacists and Trump lackeys in an attempt to be more objective. This flies in the face of everything you say about them being simply ratings driven.

That isn't an evidenced or rational argument that is an emotional response.


Says the guy who asked for evidence only to say he couldn't look it up because it wasn't sourced, and then said he didn't have time to hash through it all because they're just words and phrases. Yeah, very serious.

User avatar
canpakes
God
Posts: 8393
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:54 am

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by canpakes »

Kevin Graham wrote:
mikwut wrote:Examples of words or phrases that can find themselves used by actual white supremacists. Such an overlap is not proof of what you claim and it is reckless to smear people and leaders with the use of such charged and horrible language without proof.


... Again, you asked for evidence and then seemed shocked and confused when you actually got it. Reducing it to just "words and phrases" as if we can expect these to just show up at any time, anywhere, is just silly.


mikwut, to KG’s point here - can you tell me how ideas and actions take root and proliferate?

User avatar
Some Schmo
God
Posts: 14755
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 am

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by Some Schmo »

mikwut wrote:I have done my own look into your thoughts that this white supremacist language equals white supremacy. I haven't been convinced by anything in your posts that because the use of language (or a word many times) is found to overlap with white supremacists makes someone a white supremacist.

Yes. Heaven forbid we should draw a reasonable conclusion from a cornucopia of evidence.

For example, someone who is currently against stopping illegal immigration, for a wall etc.. can use the word "invasion" all they want without being a white supremacist, in fact it can even go viral or take off but it doesn't make it so.

Can they use the word "invasion" to describe people fleeing violence their country and seeking asylum without at least being racist? When people talk about an invasion, they generally mean an attack, an invading army. Is that what asylum seekers really are?

If they aren't racist, what's the alternative? They're just ____ stupid?

Without the fact that that person is in fact a member of some white supremacist organization or some other evidence to make such a charge it is simply reckless, foolish and giving into what I posted earlier.

Does someone have to call himself an alcoholic in order to be an alcoholic? Most alcoholics won't admit it. Do they have to have a club card that says they're an alcoholic before you'll believe it; otherwise, you're just being reckless?

Or can you observe them night after night drinking too much, similar to what alcoholics do, and reasonably think, yeah, they're probably an alcoholic.

By your logic, that's reckless.

Needing a simple answer to very complex human problems. I love america! I say that on the fourth of July, white supremacists say that. I am not a white supremacist. The logic is just horrible.

Yes. Your logic is horrible. You thought this was a reasonable enough analogy to post it.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.

EAllusion
God
Posts: 17547
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by EAllusion »

Mikwut’s argument here is getting dangerously close to when right-wing media celebs Diamond and Silk argued that you are calling the dictionary racist when you criticize Trump’s racist comments towards “the squad” because the words he used are also found in dictionaries.

The issue here is not a superficial overlapping of a few words. It’s the same terms used in the same rhetorical context. You can write most of the El Paso’ shooter’s manifesto simply by quoting Fox/Trump because the same white supremacist rhetoric is found in both places. To what’s being talked about here, fear of “demographic” replacement from invading foreigners is the ur-white supremacist concern. You name a white supremacist movement and you’ll find this motive as one of the central forces behind it. It’s a cop out to say it’s bad when Nazis talk about it, but fine when Republicans in power do.

User avatar
Some Schmo
God
Posts: 14755
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 am

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by Some Schmo »

Somehow, I suspect if Fox was trying to scare us with an invasion of Canadians from the north, their ratings might drop.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.

Kevin Graham
God
Posts: 13030
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by Kevin Graham »

EAllusion wrote:Mikwut’s argument here is getting dangerously close to when right-wing media celebs Diamond and Silk argued that you are calling the dictionary racist when you criticize Trump’s racist comments towards “the squad” because the words he used are also found in dictionaries.

The issue here is not a superficial overlapping of a few words. It’s the same terms used in the same rhetorical context. You can write most of the El Paso’ shooter’s manifesto simply by quoting Fox/Trump because the same white supremacist rhetoric is found in both places. To what’s being talked about here, fear of “demographic” replacement from invading foreigners is the ur-white supremacist concern. You name a white supremacist movement and you’ll find this motive as one of the central forces behind it. It’s a cop out to say it’s bad when Nazis talk about it, but fine when Republicans in power do.


Exactly, and I don't know why this is so hard for him to understand. Its not as if we need to decipher this stuff from their remarks based on a couple of words. Ingram and Carlson are CONSTANTLY talking about race and how immigration is transforming American culture into something bad. How is this not white supremacist rhetoric?

They're not just talking about how illegal immigration is criminal therefore they need to be deported. They take it to several levels above that and in recent years we've discovered a direct correlation between their rhetoric and that which has been posted on notorious white supremacist blogs. This ____ travels from 8Chan level sewage, to Sean Hannity, to Trump, to Trump's tweets.

EAllusion
God
Posts: 17547
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by EAllusion »

The primary conspiracy theory of classic Naziism was that wealthy, cosmopolitan Jewish leaders were using their wealth and power to import foreigners into the German homeland, and that these foreigners were inherently inferior people who were disrupting the German culture, leading to social breakdown, and, if unchecked, ruin of society. The Jews were doing this to foment leftist takeover of society.

This is different than what is literally broadcast on Fox News routinely wherein liberal cosmopolitans are said to import inferior foreigners to the American homeland that are leading to the breakdown of native culture and society in order to foment leftist takeover in that:

1) While wealthy Jewish financier George Soros is semi-frequently proposed as a mastermind behind this, there is less focus on wealthy Jews generally as puppet masters manipulating the threads of the social order to threaten the purity of society.

2) It's not in German.

Kevin Graham
God
Posts: 13030
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by Kevin Graham »

Fox News is pushing white nationalism because the Murdochs want it to

Fox News has traditionally treated bigotry as a core part of its business model. But since the political rise of President Donald Trump, the network’s commentators have adopted talking points that had previously been the province of hardcore white supremacists. The reported manifesto of the gunman who murdered 22 people at a Walmart in El Paso, TX, on Saturday is all but indistinguishable from transcripts ripped from its prime-time shows. This shift is not an accident but a programming decision, one the network has pursued even as its hosts’ racist rhetoric has triggered costly ad boycotts.

Rupert Murdoch and his son Lachlan Murdoch are ultimately responsible for this toxic programming. Rupert, chairman of parent company Fox Corp., laid the foundation for the shift. He then ceded much of the day-to-day authority to Lachlan, who maintained that heading as the Fox Corp.’s executive chairman and CEO.

Fox is feeding its audience a poisonous stew of bigoted, xenophobic conspiracy theories because that is what the Murdochs want the network to do.

A New York Times Magazine investigation found that in recent years, the Murdochs’ media empire has been “instrumental in amplifying the nativist revolt that was reshaping governments not just in the United States but also across the planet,” with their outlets fueling xenophobia and ethnonationalism to achieve political aims in the U.S., the United Kingdom, and Australia.

In the United States, that meant taking advantage of a rare opportunity to reshape Fox News following the removal of network co-founder Roger Ailes and the swift departures of longtime network hosts Bill O’Reilly, Greta Van Susteren, and Megyn Kelly.

Stepping in as acting CEO to replace Ailes, Rupert responded to the vacancies by giving Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham their own prime-time shows.

Carlson, a Rupert favorite, had already amassed a staunch following among white nationalists for his denunciations of diversity and fervent airing of white grievances.

Ingraham had also fixated on the perils of immigration and multiculturalism, using her platforms as a talk radio host and Fox contributor to push the Republican Party to the right on those issues.

As prime-time hosts, Carlson and Ingraham turned their shows into clearinghouses for white supremacist talking points about an “invasion” of migrants, screeds about the systematic “replacement” of white Americans by people of color through immigration, and dire warnings that if something wasn’t done soon, the nation would be imperiled.

In short, Rupert thrust two of the network’s most anti-immigrant personalities into its biggest spotlight and they’ve performed as expected, moving the network closer to Lachlan’s reported goal of solidifying the family’s empire as “an unabashedly nationalist, far-right and hugely profitable political propaganda machine.”

The result has been programming that courts high viewership from Fox’s core audience but also repeatedly led major companies to pull their ads rather than risk associating their brands with bigotry.

Lachlan has been the public face of the company, defending Fox amid criticism from other journalists and advertiser boycotts.

Ingraham’s show drew controversy and bled advertisers throughout 2018, particularly after she tweeted an attack on Parkland, FL, school shooting survivor David Hogg, compared detention centers for immigrant children to “summer camps,” and warned that thanks to immigration, “massive demographic changes have been foisted upon the American people, and they are changes that none of us ever voted for, and most of us don't like.”

Asked about the criticism the network was taking during a November appearance at The New York Times’ DealBook conference, Lachlan claimed that the “biggest critics of Fox News are not watching Fox News” and argued that people should be more tolerant of the opinions of the networks' hosts.

Just a month later, Carlson embroiled the network in a firestorm after he argued that immigration makes the United States “poorer, and dirtier, and more divided.” When the dust had settled, two dozen companies had pulled future spots on his show and its ad load was slashed.

The cycle repeated itself earlier this year.

In March, as Fox prepared for an unprecedented early sit-down with ad buyers, controversies involving bigoted comments by Carlson and fellow Fox host Jeanine Pirro brought more devastating headlines and fleeing advertisers.

Two months later, Lachlan again defended the company, telling Wall Street analysts that the ad boycotts were having no effect and that even if they did, “it wouldn't affect the way we program that channel.”

And now there’s a national debate over how Fox’s inflammatory programming was echoed in a white supremacist terrorist’s manifesto -- one that has triggered not internal reflection at the network, but a circling of the wagons. Earlier this week, Carlson delivered another defensive rant on his show, asserting that the idea that white supremacy is a problem in America is a “hoax” and a “conspiracy theory used to divide the country.” The Murdochs stayed silent.

https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/ ... 86048?s=20

The Murdochs appear to have been every bit as supportive of their hosts’ bigoted commentary in private as they are in public. After Carlson drew criticism for claiming that immigrants make this country “dirtier,” Lachlan reportedly sent him “personal text messages of support.” Rupert reportedly criticized Ingraham last year -- for apologizing for her comments about Hogg, which he thought made her appear “weak in the face of negative public sentiment.”

So the Murdochs are the reason Fox’s weeknight prime-time block features segments that are distinguishable from white supremacist YouTube videos only in their production values. The harder question to answer is why. The family has built an international media empire that wields substantial political power on three continents.

Are they actual nationalists who truly agree with Carlson and Ingraham that an invading force of minorities is putting the nation at risk? Or are they simply motivated by instrumentalism, happy to have their employees make those arguments because it bolsters their influence over right-wing governments which then support policies that bolster their own economic standing?

In the end, it hardly matters: Fox has spent the last few years diving ever deeper into a cesspool, and there’s no sign the network plans to change course.

Kevin Graham
God
Posts: 13030
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by Kevin Graham »

Holy ____, check out this video with side by side rhetoric between Carlson and other White Supremacists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... YjHgYg025s

Gunnar
God
Posts: 5559
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:17 am

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by Gunnar »

mikwut wrote:Hi Gunnar,

I'm glad you didn't vote for Trump and will not vote for him next year. Nevertheless, this last post of yours has reinforced my opinion that you are either willfully blind or cognitively impaired. But even if, despite all the evidence, Trump is not a dyed-in-the-wool white supremacist himself, can there really be any serious doubt that he deliberately panders to racists and white supremacists, and that at least some white supremacists take heart from his rhetoric and regard him as one of their own?


I bolded the last part as the the portion of your statement we could agree on. Just look at what you read. I haven't posted anything that is racist, charged or really problematic other than you disagree with it. But you respond with words like "cognitively impaired"? "willfully blind?". That isn't rational, that is emotional. It is unnecessary. You should embrace disagreement to sharpen your political opinions. Surely you don't believe you are just right and that's that do you?'


I'm glad you agree on the bolded part, but I don't take back the "cognitively impaired" and "willfully blind" part. Based on your posts subsequent to this one, it is clearer than ever that it is you who is being irrational, not me. Emotional? Of course I'm emotional! There would be something wrong with me if I did not get emotional and angry about Trump's pathological dishonesty, misogyny, bullying and deliberately divisive race baiting! The evidence of his racism and white supremacy attitude already presented on this thread is only a tiny fraction of the evidence available, and it is incomprehensible to me how any intelligent, well informed individual can fail to see that! The best evidence of that comes from his own, lying, stupid mouth! If I knew nothing about Trump except what I have heard him actually say and the well documented examples of some of the things he has undeniably done, I would still be convinced he is a racist, white supremacist--not to mention a crook and a scam artist!

Obviously many of these mass shooters do! Do you deny that?


Yes. I do. I believe it reduces a very complex matter to a boogeyman simplicity. But I don't believe you are willfully blind or cognitively impaired. Thanks for the post.

mikwut

How can you deny that when several of these mass murderers have actually expressed approval of Trump, and professed to being inspired by him and/or his hateful rhetoric? I'm gratified that you don't believe I am willfully blind or cognitively impaired, but I can't honestly say I don't believe the same of you!

However, when it comes to cognitive impairment, you don't hold a candle to Donald J Trump, I'll give you that! Get a load of his incoherent replies detailed in this video detailing his recent interview with The Washington Post. You might also want to look up the complete interview as written up in The Washington Post. Trump's complete cluelessness about even the simplest concepts of environment and climate change is both hilarious and frightening!
No precept or claim is more deservedly suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison

EAllusion
God
Posts: 17547
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am

Re: FOX NEWS is the MEDIA OUTLET FOR WHITE SUPREMACISM

Post by EAllusion »



Fox News long has had periodic racist segments. The election of Obama sent that into overdrive. There's more "terrorist fist jab" and "hip hop BBQ" bits than any one of us can remember, I'm sure. The station also has long had racist themes floating about: Democrats are keeping blacks on the welfare plantation, etc.

But something happened in the past few years where by-the-numbers white supremacist rhetoric started being more and more mainstream on the station with Carlson and Ingraham leading the charge. We're talking Stormfront level commentary barely laundered through plausible deniability. This is an interesting potential explanation for it. I had just been attributing it to the rise of the alt-right in general followed by the rise of Trump influencing right-wing messaging.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Icarus and 8 guests