Unbelievable Cruelty Towards Migrant Children

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Re: Unbelievable Cruelty Towards Migrant Children

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Shepherd Smith trashes Pence on this issue. So good to see. Pence is absolute slime. He represents every bad stereotype of politicians. Ignores the question and spins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=retm4Nz ... ture=share

If Democrats want to win, stay focused on his crimes against humanity. As Smith noted, if these kids were adult prisoners of war their current treatment would be a violation of the Geneva convention. But they're asylum seekers and they're children!
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Xenophon wrote:Man, if only some of those stupid libtards had tried to help out in any way:

People want to donate diapers and toys to children at Border Patrol facilities in Texas. They’re being turned away.

you mean help out when Obama was President? I suspect they were too distracted my the Obama-Biden man crush, Obama book releases, and Obama social media to care.....but now a Republican is doing exactly the same thing...so …..hair…… fire..
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Kevin Graham wrote: ... if these kids were adult prisoners of war their current treatment would be a violation of the Geneva convention. But they're asylum seekers and they're children!

Nicely put.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Man, I'd love to hang Trump from a tree like a pinata and let the kids beat him with sticks until candy comes out.

We've been beating him for 20 minutes. I don't think he has any candy inside.

Don't give up kids! You never know! You've got to hit him harder! As hard as you can!
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Kevin Graham wrote:
If Democrats want to win, stay focused on his crimes against humanity. As Smith noted, if these kids were adult prisoners of war their current treatment would be a violation of the Geneva convention. But they're asylum seekers and they're children!

Even worse. They're brown children.
:surprised:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Migrant Women Told To Drink Out Of Toilets At CBP Facility

Democratic lawmakers described “appalling” conditions at a migrant detention center they visited in Texas at the U.S.-Mexico border.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Propublica has an expose on a Border Patrol Facebook group with about 9,500 members that involves some appalling communication:

https://www.propublica.org/article/secr ... xist-memes

It's part of a general theme of border patrol having problems with bigotry and disturbingly dehumanizing attitudes in its ranks.
_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Post by _Xenophon »

EAllusion wrote:Propublica has an expose on a Border Patrol Facebook group with about 9,500 members that involves some appalling communication:

https://www.propublica.org/article/secr ... xist-memes

It's part of a general theme of border patrol having problems with bigotry and disturbingly dehumanizing attitudes in its ranks.
Is it at all surprising though? I'm not sure how you could possibly be able to stomach being a part of some of the atrocious things we're seeing without dehumanizing the victims in some way. If you didn't believe the people you were throwing into these camps were less than human I can't imagine how you could look at yourself.
"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

EAllusion wrote: ... border patrol having problems with bigotry and disturbingly dehumanizing attitudes in its ranks.

The problem is that by its very nature a job like this will tend to attract people who dislike Latino immigrants on principle, and look forward to the prospect of exercising barely limited power over the poor and helpless.

And each time that someone reports on stuff like guards telling thirsty women to drink out of the toilet, and yelling 'hoes' at them, you will get yet another knuckle-dragger going 'Hurr hurr! Sounds like the job for me!' as he seizes his crayon and starts laboriously scrawling on the application form.

Frankly, what would astonish me would be to find that the overwhelming majority of CBP agents were fair-minded and decent guys who treated their charges like equal human beings. Sadly, in a job like that and a situation like this, that is not likely.

[I see that Xenophon and I basically agree - I shall let this post stand.]
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.