Buttigieg the smartest, Trump the dumbest

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: Buttigieg the smartest, Trump the dumbest

Post by _canpakes »

Oh, look. More dancing, now that you were spanked on your CFR.

subgenius wrote:
EAllusion wrote:She was one of the most cited law professors in the field within the decade.

again, CFR
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

subgenius wrote:....wrote a bunch of articles on a specific topic and some of those were cited a whole bunch, sooo... must be hella smart - got it!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/UFn-fUuIOvA/maxresdefault.jpg

by the way, Citations 9447
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg: "I'm running because the decisions we make in the next three or four years are going to decide how the next 30 or 40 go. And when I get to the current age of the current president in the year 2055 I want to be able to look back on these years and say...
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Got to cross some names off the debate list. First off is Kamala Harris, for reasons of toxic trust levels. Mariane Williamson may have written herself off the list despite being a brilliant public speaker in a non-political setting. Bernie is Bernie, he has good points but is not electable.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
canpakes wrote:Hey, Bright Eyes -

Here you go. This took all of three seconds to find:

https://scholar.google.com/citations?us ... T3IC&hl=en

Feel free to present your own list of folks that have been more widely cited. Otherwise, consider your CFR more than satisfied.

One example is Robert E. Scott of Columbia University who has almost twice the citations over same time period as Warren (and the bulk of Warren's are her as a co-author and not lead author)..

Yep, one example. And there's one more. Then you have Warren, which puts her third amongst all. This exactly matches the claim that she is one of the most cited persons on that topic. This is not a point that you can dispute.

Next -

subgenius wrote:.but that is cool...she has a hella citations and obviously those are the stats that EA(and you?) was "struck by" as to exclaim her "the most intelligent candidate running".

One could label that a subjective conclusion. But, you seem to be really bothered by that statement, or you wouldn't be here typing out rambling word salads bitching about it. Maybe you can tell me the criteria you used to end up disagreeing with his assertion? Seems like she has the CV and the chops to satisfy his characterization. So, take a stand and throw down a standard to flesh out your case. Otherwise, what are you afraid of, here?

subgenius wrote:But that does not justify EA's claim(s) and, as stated before, EA had absolutely no knowledge of how many citations her articles received etc

The claim regarding her citations was correct. And while you stew on that, CFR that EA did not know about the citation stat that he provided - which was already presented in the thread within his earlier post, lol.

subgenius wrote:But if EA (and you?) want to hang your hat on your claim *hella citations on co-authored bankruptcy articles during a 4 year period* as the hook for her intelligence...then you stand proud on that....wrote a bunch of articles on a specific topic and some of those were cited a whole bunch, sooo... must be hella smart - got it!

Nice word salad, but just get to those CFRs above before you post up any more whining.

By the way, you still haven't told us how she fraudulently acquired her gig at Harvard, either. CFR for that one, too.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

To the topic of the thread, after last night's debate, I must agree - Buttigieg is the smartest.

Some of these people running have no business being there and are just a distracting waste of time. We're talking negative charisma.

Early prediction - Biden will not be polling first by the time the Iowa primary rolls around. He seems like a decent human being, but he is not a good debater.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Was watching one of those "libtard" shows on MSNBC, and they were fawning all over Kamala Harris' cutthroat style as being a Trump Killer. I think her nastiness would turn off most potential voters and Trump already has a lock on the rest.

Marianne Williamson with her Heartlight and a bucket of water could perhaps melt Donald Trump, but even so, he would probably be rescued a legion of evil winged monkeys.