Bernie admits taxing the rich won't be enough to fund Medica

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Re: Bernie admits taxing the rich won't be enough to fund Me

Post by _Gunnar »

Themis, though I admire your posts and rarely disagree with them (your last post above being no exception), you still seem unable to break yourself from the habit of using the word "then"
then (thĕn)
adv.
1. At that time: I was still in school then. Come at noon; I'll be ready then.
2. Next in time, space, or order; immediately afterward: watched the late movie and then went to bed.
3. In addition; moreover; besides: It costs $20, and then there's the sales tax to pay.
4. Used after but to qualify or balance a preceding statement: The star was nervous, but then who isn't on the first night of a new play.
5. In that case; accordingly: If traffic is heavy, then allow extra time.
6. As a consequence; therefore: The case, then, is closed.
conj.
Usage Problem And after that: I showered, then combed my hair.
n.
That time or moment: The bus leaves at four; until then let's walk.
adj.
Being so at that time: the then chairman of the board.
Idiom:
then again
From another standpoint; on the other hand: I need a vacation. Then again, so do my coworkers.

[Middle English, from Old English thenne; see to- in Indo-European roots.]

American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

When it is obvious from the context that the intended word or meaning is: "than."
than (thăn, thən)
conj.
1. Used after a comparative adjective or adverb to introduce the second element or clause of an unequal comparison: She is a better athlete than I.
2. Used to introduce the second element after certain words indicating difference: He draws quite differently than she does.
3. When. Used especially after hardly and scarcely: I had scarcely walked in the door than the commotion started.
preparation. Usage Problem
In comparison or contrast with: could run faster than him; outclassed everyone other than her.

[Middle English, from Old English thanne, than; see to- in Indo-European roots.]

American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

I hope you are not offended by the correction; that was not my intention, and I hope you will feel to correct me whenever you see me make similar errors, and will forgive me for being such a stickler in the correct use of language! :smile:
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Themis
_Emeritus

Re: Bernie admits taxing the rich won't be enough to fund Me

Post by _Themis »

Gunnar wrote:Themis, though I admire your posts and rarely disagree with them (your last post above being no exception), you still seem unable to break yourself from the habit of using the word "then"
then (thĕn)

Yes I have some bad habits, but I would suggest you do a PM and not distract from the conversation. :wink: