Trump to divorce Melania, marry Elizabeth Windsor

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Trump to divorce Melania, marry Elizabeth Windsor

Post by _Chap »

Is any comment necessary?

One thinks not ...

Trump on UK visit: 'People had never seen the Queen have a better time'

The US president, Donald Trump, has boasted about having “automatic chemistry” with the Queen during his state visit to the UK.

Trump, during an interview with Fox News, said people had noticed how well he and the Queen had connected.

He said: “The meeting with the Queen was incredible. I think I can say I really got to know her because I sat with her many times and we had automatic chemistry, you will understand that feeling. It’s a good feeling. But she’s a spectacular woman.”

When asked by the broadcaster’s Laura Ingraham if he fist-bumped the Queen, Trump said: “I did not, but I had a great relationship, we had a really great time.

“There are those that say they have never seen the Queen have a better time, a more animated time. We had a period we were talking solid straight, I didn’t even know who the other people at the table were, never spoke to them. We just had a great time together.”

Trump, when asked if he would keep the conversation going, added: “Yes I am, she is a spectacular woman, an incredible woman.”

The controversial billionaire-turned-politician was feted with a ceremonial welcome and a grand state banquet at Buckingham Palace during his stay in London this week and sat next to the Queen at the D-day commemorations in Portsmouth on Wednesday.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Re: Trump to divorce Melania, marry Elizabeth Windsor

Post by _Quasimodo »

I have no doubt that Her Majesty has had long experience at being cordial to people she detests. Part of the job, I expect.

Being royalty must be a pain in the ass at times.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Quasimodo wrote: have no doubt that Her Majesty has had long experience at being cordial to people she detests. Part of the job, I expect.

One might say that, indeed: friendliness is not friendship. The first is a duty, the second is not. Of course, some people are too dumb to know the difference.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Chap wrote:
Quasimodo wrote: have no doubt that Her Majesty has had long experience at being cordial to people she detests. Part of the job, I expect.

One might say that, indeed: friendliness is not friendship. The first is a duty, the second is not. Of course, some people are too dumb to know the difference.

A truer word was never spoken.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.