Trump shares his deep knowledge on global warming

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Trump shares his deep knowledge on global warming

Post by _Jersey Girl »

He needs a lesson from a Science Guy. (NSFW)

Safety Glasses on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQnDGDXHNWU
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

If you want insight into what motivates Trump, take a look at what surprised him about Prince Charles and global warming:

Donald Trump said, but never actually wrote:I think we had a great conversation, and it was about — as you would call it — climate change. I’ll tell you what moved me is his passion for future generations. He’s really not doing this for him. He’s doing this for future generations. And this is real. He believes that.

He was genuinely impressed that Prince Charles is not concerned about climate change for selfish reasons. But relax, because our President also said:

Donald Trump said, but never actually wrote:Well, the United States right now has among the cleanest climates there are, based on all statistics.

Someone should explain to our President that climates do not stop at our borders. Climates, rightly or wrongly, do not follow the wishes of Stephen Miller or Steve Bannon. Climates are globalists. Nationalism exacerbates the problem of climate change. Ergo, for the right wing, the reality of climate change is an existential threat to the very idea of nationalism. Climate change dictates that international cooperation is essential for human survival.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

MeDotOrg wrote:Someone should explain to our President that climates do not stop at our borders. Climates, rightly or wrongly, do not follow the wishes of Stephen Miller or Steve Bannon. Climates are globalists. Nationalism exacerbates the problem of climate change. Ergo, for the right wing, the reality of climate change is an existential threat to the very idea of nationalism. Climate change dictates that international cooperation is essential for human survival.

The problem with that is that there are few things Trump hates more than to have anyone try to explain something to him or try to educate him about anything. He has complete disdain for any kind of expert advice about anything, no matter how well qualified or renowned the advisor, especially if it does not conform to what Trump has already decided to believe or claim must be the truth. He feels deeply insulted by the implication that his knowledge is in any way deficient about anything whatsoever, no matter what the subject. He boasts about never having to prepare in advance for any kind of meeting or negotiation because he relies on his "infallible" gut feelings to carry the day in any kind of deal or negotiation.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

MeDotOrg wrote:If you want insight into what motivates Trump, take a look at what surprised him about Prince Charles and global warming:

Donald Trump said, but never actually wrote:I think we had a great conversation, and it was about — as you would call it — climate change. I’ll tell you what moved me is his passion for future generations. He’s really not doing this for him. He’s doing this for future generations. And this is real. He believes that.

He was genuinely impressed that Prince Charles is not concerned about climate change for selfish reasons.

Talk about your all-time reveals (not that anyone who's been watching is surprised).

If this doesn't tell you Trump doesn't give a crap about you or your family, or anything but himself, nothing ever will.

I'm still amazed how many people have been conned by this moron.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Donald Trump said, but never actually wrote:Well, the United States right now has among the cleanest climates there are, based on all statistics.

I know Trump has the best words, so I'm trying to figure out what he means by "cleanest climate". What makes a climate clean? If he considers greenhouse gases as "cimate pollutants", then the US does not have one of "the cleanest climates there are".
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775