Conservative on Republican Motivations

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: Conservative on Republican Motivations

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Gunnar wrote:Classic projection, nothing more!

A truer summary of the DNC platform and racism has yet to be posted.
Thanks Gunnar!

Not that you have much to show for your statement, as you shuffle backwards off stage in the face of the census question controversy.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Then there's this development in the Hofeller files story:

http://www.ncpolicywatch.com/2019/06/06 ... -election/
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

I'm pretty certain that MLK would react to the view expressed about him in this thread similar to the way fantasy Jesus would react to the Christian right.

What the “F” is your problem? Did you even hear what I said?
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:Not that you have much to show for your statement, as you shuffle backwards off stage in the face of the census question controversy.

Speaking of having nothing to show, you guys have yet to provide actual proof of "racism" being the motivating force behind Republican policy...let alone that it was the foundation for the census question in this thread's context.

Gerrymandering is not an exclusively racist endeavour, for example - Republicans utilize that political practice with the goal of getting more Republicans elected. Notwithstanding the debate over the effectiveness, morality, legality, and competence of such a strategy.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Perfume on my Mind wrote:I'm pretty certain that MLK would react to the view expressed about him in this thread similar to the way fantasy Jesus would react to the Christian right.

What the “F” is your problem? Did you even hear what I said?

oh look! another old white atheist liberal presuming to know the true intentions of brown Christians.
Glory be, we are saved!
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

subgenius wrote:
Gerrymandering is not an exclusively racist endeavour, for example - Republicans utilize that political practice with the goal of getting more Republicans elected. Notwithstanding the debate over the effectiveness, morality, legality, and competence of such a strategy.

I don't keep slaves because I hate black people. I keep them because I like free labor. See? Not racist.

You have an inappropriately limited idea about what constitutes racism. Rigging the structure of democracy to suppress the political power of non-whites because that advantages Republicans is racist.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
canpakes wrote:Not that you have much to show for your statement, as you shuffle backwards off stage in the face of the census question controversy.

Speaking of having nothing to show, you guys have yet to provide actual proof of "racism" being the motivating force behind Republican policy...let alone that it was the foundation for the census question in this thread's context.

Gerrymandering is not an exclusively racist endeavour, for example ...

Meanwhile, let’s look at the conclusion from the study’s author regarding a strategy that Republicans have decided to push right now:

Mr. Hofeller’s exhaustive analysis of Texas state legislative districts concluded that such maps “would be advantageous to Republicans and non-Hispanic whites,” and would dilute the political power of the state’s Hispanics.

The reason, he wrote, was that the maps would exclude traditionally Democratic Hispanics and their children from the population count.

“Non-Hispanic whites”. What a curious term and characterization, used for such unknown reasons, to you. But you’ve shown your cards by proving that you know what’s going on here given your choice of the phrase, “not exclusively racist...”. Not unexpected, I guess, in light of your weekly hair-fire proclamations (without any basis provided) about folks that you say are racist. : )
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:Meanwhile, let’s look at the conclusion from the study’s author regarding a strategy that Republicans have decided to push right now:

Mr. Hofeller’s exhaustive analysis of Texas state legislative districts concluded that such maps “would be advantageous to Republicans and non-Hispanic whites,” and would dilute the political power of the state’s Hispanics.

The reason, he wrote, was that the maps would exclude traditionally Democratic Hispanics and their children from the population count.
..blah blah blah....

Again, you ignore the facts and cannot (still) support the claim posted.
"Mr. Hofeller’s charge was to assess the impact of drawing political maps that were not based on a state’s total population — the current practice virtually everywhere in the nation — but on a slice of that population: American citizens of voting age"
or as your logic concludes..."racism everywhere".

"The reason, he wrote, was that the maps would exclude traditionally Democratic Hispanics and their children from the population count. That would force Democratic districts to expand to meet the Constitution’s one person, one vote requirement."

Notice how an accurate quote of "the reason" proves not racism but rather proves politics as usual whereas Democrats are being targeted...their skin color being inconsequential due to the often ignored by you context of reality.

But i get ya, without pulling the boogey man of racism out you guys got nothing reasonable to put forth...
Your racism is starting to peek out, better tuck it back in until you need it in 2020.
..maybe put it on a campaign platform poster with OfFred...geez.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:...their skin color being inconsequential ....

Yet, strangely, was mentioned by the study’s author.

Can’t imagine why that would have been necessary, right? : D
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Republican Party Stategist A: “Hey, this idea that we have, if implemented, would decrease the influence of Hispanics in elections”.

Republican Party Strategists B, C and D, in unison: “Let’s do it!

subs: “Look at how racist Democrats are!!1!