The Hypocrisy of Disney/Iger

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Ceeboo
_Emeritus

Re: The Hypocrisy of Disney/Iger

Post by _Ceeboo »

Bach wrote:The question remains about Disney/Iger Hypocrisy. Does Iger believe human right violations in Georgia are worse than in China or countries adhering to sharia law?

When an, any, intelligent adult on this board can answer that question, I would love to engage and reply

Of course it's hypocrisy - But that's not the disturbing part as we are all, to some degree/area, hypocritical in my opinion. The disturbing part is how deeply our particular personal politics influence 'discussions' in and around really really really complex and multi-layered topics like abortion - Just like other really complex topics (like gun control or immigration) they become totally contaminated and perverted by politics. It's a shame.

(by definition that excludes the idiot called “canpakes”.)

He/She is not an idiot (I have read enough of his/her posts to be extremely confident in this opinion) He/She simply holds a very different set of political views as you do (Or as I do for that matter)
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:[MODERATOR NOTE: You've had your fun, but any post from this point forward that refers to "the people on this board" or "anyone here" will be considered the same thing as the phrase "you people" and thus an oblique personal attack on our participants in general.

Say this sort of thing all you want, of course, but do so in the Spirit Prison forum only.]

Come on. Let's talk turkey. ldsfaq's freedom for this guy's eternal confinement to Prison.

Ya with me or not?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_cinepro
_Emeritus

Post by _cinepro »

Bach wrote:They will film in China with no human rights at all. They will film in countries with sharia law that women have no rights and gays are put to death.

Which Disney films have been filmed in China and countries with Sharia law?
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

cinepro wrote:
Bach wrote:They will film in China with no human rights at all. They will film in countries with sharia law that women have no rights and gays are put to death.

Would love to respond but Shades has recently determined, and blocked my responses, on the account that my intellect undermines his control here. You’ll have to ask him for permission even to let this response through.

Shades is a ROCK however!

(This response will be blocked by him however!)
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

cinepro wrote:

Forgive me for redirecting your anal attention to the concept of “ Disney/Iger hypocrisy”. China, arguably next to No. Korea, has one of the worst track record on human rights in the world.

If Disney/Iger believe that pulling out of Georgia for a law that was passed in our democratic manner, why would they not abandon their theme park in China with the human rights violation of that country?

Please, take a day off from ignorance cinepro! Think before you post!!
_cinepro
_Emeritus

Post by _cinepro »

Bach wrote:If Disney/Iger believe that pulling out of Georgia for a law that was passed in our democratic manner, why would they not abandon their theme park in China with the human rights violation of that country?

Please, take a day off from ignorance cinepro! Think before you post!!

Just so I'm clear, you said:

"They will film in China with no human rights at all. They will film in countries with sharia law that women have no rights and gays are put to death."

...and now I'm "ignorant" and "anal" for asking if they actually film in those places?

We must have different understandings of what the words "ignorant" and "anal" mean.

If you acknowledge you were wrong about the filming and instead would like to change your claim to theme park operations, which countries with sharia law has Disney built theme parks in?
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

Agrabah.

Oh, shoot, conflated Arab with Muslim. And fantasy with reality. Good thing that never happens in real life with actual consequences...
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote:Come on. Let's talk turkey. ldsfaq's freedom for this guy's eternal confinement to Prison.

Ya with me or not?

Hostage negotiations, eh? I would propose a trade for Ludwigm. Fewer insults and more Hungarian history!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace