Lindsey Graham:Non-compliance w/House is impeachable

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Re: Lindsey Graham:Non-compliance w/House is impeachable

Post by _ajax18 »

Perfume on my Mind wrote:White supremacy is like a chihuahua thinking it's too good to breed with a pomeranian.

I take that back. No dogs deserve that. Dogs are better than that.

White supremacy, at least in the minds of those who spin this term as you do, is having the audacity to view all people as equals regardless of whose ancestors did what to whom in centuries past. If you don't feel like you owe the rest of the world something you're a white supremacist. This political correctness religion is being smashed by Donald Trump and those who support him and we'll do it again in 2020.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:White supremacy, at least in the minds of those who spin this term as you do, is having the audacity to view all people as equals regardless of whose ancestors did what to whom in centuries past.

LMAO

Ahhh... you probably don't see the irony of what you wrote here. Made me laugh.

Christ ajax. You should try critical thinking on for size. Just once. If you don't like it, you can always go back to your brainwashing treatments.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Perfume on my Mind wrote:White supremacy is like a chihuahua thinking it's too good to breed with a pomeranian.

I take that back. No dogs deserve that. Dogs are better than that.

White supremacy, at least in the minds of those who spin this term as you do, is having the audacity to view all people as equals regardless of whose ancestors did what to whom in centuries past. If you don't feel like you owe the rest of the world something you're a white supremacist. This political correctness religion is being smashed by Donald Trump and those who support him and we'll do it again in 2020.

The only one here who thinks it Is audacious ". . .to view all people as equals regardless of whose ancestors did what to whom in centuries past..." or even just to view all peoples as equals (PERIOD) is you, ajax. You have frequently and even explicitly made it clear that White supremacy is antithetical to accepting that all people and races deserve to be treated equally under the law. That is glaringly implicit in the very term "White supremacy!"
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

The only one here who thinks it Is audacious ". . .to view all people as equals regardless of whose ancestors did what to whom in centuries past..." or even just to view all peoples as equals (PERIOD) is you, ajax. You have frequently and even explicitly made it clear that White supremacy is antithetical to accepting that all people and races deserve to be treated equally under the law. That is glaringly implicit in the very term "White supremacy!"

I'm still waiting for you to tell me why contributions to and advancements to culture and science absolved Scandinavians of past wrongs committed against Anglo Saxons but doesn't absolve wrongs committed by white Americans against blacks.

You know what, don't bother. Your double standard on this is exactly what I should have expected.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

ajax18 wrote:

I'm still waiting for you to tell me why contributions to and advancements to culture and science absolved Scandinavians of past wrongs committed against Anglo Saxons but doesn't absolve wrongs committed by white Americans against blacks.

You know what, don't bother. Your double standard on this is exactly what I should have expected.

Thinking about this in terms of ethnic identity and racial guilt is misguided and misunderstands the views it disagrees with, but is very typical of white nationalism.

Reparations, actual reparations proposals, are about government and corporate entities paying restitution for the wrongs they committed usually with an eye towards the material benefits they reaped from those wrongs. Reparations for slavery isn't about holding "white Americans" responsible for treatment of blacks. It's about the United States government compensating former slaves for the wrongs committed against them with the decedents of those slaves inheriting that compensation. That said, serious reparation proposals I see tend to move past slavery and focus on Jim Crow and the people actually alive affected by it.

The US government is not "white people." When the US government paid substantial reparations to Japanese-Americans it imprisoned, that was not "white people" being forced to absolve their wrongs. It was the US government providing recompense for its serious misconduct towards American citizens. It was the US government apologizing for its past actions.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:White supremacy, at least in the minds of those who spin this term as you do, is having the audacity to view all people as equals regardless of whose ancestors did what to whom in centuries past.

Except that ideally those other ‘equal’ folks won’t be allowed to live in the same special country that you’d like to organize.

How does that work, exactly?
Last edited by Guest on Thu May 02, 2019 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:I'm still waiting for you to tell me why contributions to and advancements to culture and science absolved Scandinavians of past wrongs committed against Anglo Saxons but doesn't absolve wrongs committed by white Americans against blacks.

Well, there’s one big difference worth considering.

Those olden days Norsemen at least went out, traveled the lands and worked for their plunder. In contrast, the generic white slave owner set simply sat on their arses and waited for someone else to bring captured folks to them, for cheap purchase.

Maybe the descendants of those slave owners should be penalized for infecting their generations to follow and the country at large with their entitlement mentality.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

canpakes wrote:
ajax18 wrote:I'm still waiting for you to tell me why contributions to and advancements to culture and science absolved Scandinavians of past wrongs committed against Anglo Saxons but doesn't absolve wrongs committed by white Americans against blacks.

Well, there’s one big difference worth considering.

Those olden days Norsemen at least went out, traveled the lands and worked for their plunder. In contrast, the generic white slave owner set simply sat on their arses and waited for someone else to bring captured folks to them, for cheap purchase.

Maybe the descendants of those slave owners should be penalized for infecting their generations to follow and the country at large with their entitlement mentality.

We should also keep in mind that historically these ancient Scandinavians were not exclusively raiders and plunderers. Many, if not most of them, were honest, hardworking farmers and/or tradesmen and sailors who established extensive trade routes, via their impressive ship building and navigation skills, over large regions of both Europe and Asia, both spreading their their own culture and that assimilated from their trading partners widely, to the benefit of both themselves and those with whom they traded.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Except that ideally those other ‘equal’ folks won’t be allowed to live in the same special country that you’d like to organize.

All citizens would be equal under the law regardless of their race in the kingdom of Ajax. But yes we would have a border and enforce it so not all human beings could become citizens of this kingdom, at least not right away. They would have to wait and people like Gunnar and Kevin Graham would have to leave. In time we would make the world AJAX and all people would be better off because of it. It would work similar to the way things are working now. The economy would boom. Many would hate king Ajax and yet everyone would walk hundreds of miles through the dessert just for the chance of being a part of his kingdom.

"Do you want to be an American?" Oh no they're evil racists. Would you like to go and live in America? Oh yes, it's what I've wanted my entire life.

Many, if not most of them, were honest, hardworking farmers and/or tradesmen and sailors who established extensive trade routes, via their impressive ship building and navigation skills, over large regions of both Europe and Asia, both spreading their their own culture and that assimilated from their trading partners widely, to the benefit of both themselves and those with whom they traded.

I am amazed at how advanced the Viking ships were for a people who couldn't read or write with the exception of a few runes. And I think the British empires dominance as a naval power is owed at least in part to Viking influence.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:

All citizens would be equal under the law regardless of their race in the kingdom of Ajax. But yes we would have a border and enforce it so not all human beings could become citizens of this kingdom, at least not right away. They would have to wait and people like Gunnar and Kevin Graham would have to leave. In time we would make the world AJAX and all people would be better off because of it. It would work similar to the way things are working now. The economy would boom. Many would hate king Ajax and yet everyone would walk hundreds of miles through the dessert just for the chance of being a part of his kingdom.

"Do you want to be an American?" Oh no they're evil racists. Would you like to go and live in America? Oh yes, it's what I've wanted my entire life.

I was actually referring to the folks that already live in the country. I’m assuming that some folks within the Kingdom of Ajax will want to divide populations by skin color, to preserve ‘cultural traditions’.