Mueller Squashes Seth Rich Conspiracy Pushed by Hannity

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Re: Mueller Squashes Seth Rich Conspiracy Pushed by Hannity

Post by _Dr Exiled »

How come Mueller didn't interview Assange or ask to see the evidence Assange claimed to have regarding the source not being russian or related to the russian government? It seems one would want to be thorough here given the high import of russian interference allegations. However the report abruptly ends by mere saying Assange claims he has evidence .....

After the U.S. intelligence community publicly announced its assessment that Russia was behind the hacking operation, Assange continued to deny that the Clinton materials released by WikiLeaks had come from Russian hacking. According to media reports, Assange told a U.S. congressman that the DNC hack was an “inside job,” and purported to have “physical proof that Russians did not give materials to Assange.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/18/us/politics/mueller-report-document.html?module=inline#g-page-44

It would be a much stronger case on this point if Mueller didn't just look at one side and explored all sides.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Exiled wrote:How come Mueller didn't interview Assange

Seriously?
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Uh, yeah, seriously.

In any investigation one interviews all suspects and witnesses in order to find out what happened. If Assange's evidence turns out to be bogus, that would only strengthen the Russia hack story. Instead, questions remain for Trump supporters to latch onto. I'm afraid this and the utter lack of finding collusion will give Trump an undeserved tool he can use in the 2020 election. We are going to hear "no collusion" for a long time to come. It would have been better to investigate all leads.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Exiled wrote:Uh, yeah, seriously.

I think the poster was wondering how Mueller would go about questioning Assange...logistically speaking, ya know?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Exiled, Julian Assange had been hiding out in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London for a number of years. It was in the news.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

moksha wrote:

Exiled....

check that
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

He offered to be interviewed and airplanes work.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

moksha wrote:

Exiled, Julian Assange had been hiding out in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London for a number of years. It was in the news.

So, make arrangements to go over to London? Am I missing something here? Assange wanted to debunk the Russia gave me the goods story so he would have been a willing witness. Mueller could have gone over there. His budget was surely big enough. Or maybe they could have set up a telephonic interview?
_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Post by _Xenophon »

Exiled wrote:So, make arrangements to go over to London? Am I missing something here? Assange wanted to debunk the Russia gave me the goods story so he would have been a willing witness. Mueller could have gone over there. His budget was surely big enough. Or maybe they could have set up a telephonic interview?
Out of curiosity what would have stopped Assange from sharing his debunking evidence freely, instead of to Muller? Is there any reason he would need Muller to participate if he had actual evidence he got the information from elsewhere? For a guy with a website that claims to just be for disseminating truth it seems like he had plenty of platform to fight the story other than just saying "I promise it wasn't the Russians".
"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens