The Redacted Mueller Report

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_SPG
_Emeritus

Re: The Redacted Mueller Report

Post by _SPG »

honorentheos wrote:Wut? That first sentence is a disaster. The second one sounds like the babbling of someone four drinks past midnight. The last? Nails down that you are just tossing around tropes rather than engaging in a good faith discussion.

Ok. Bluntly, just because you give me some government report that says Mueller is innocent, when my sources say he is guilty, doesn't cut it. Especially when that same guy is on a witch-hunt that seems completely unjustified.

Hillary wrote highly of Saul Alinsky. Spoke of him as a personal friend and mentor. She was also good friends with Robert Byrd, the Grand Dragon of the KKK.

Saul taught that using the KKK to endorse rivals could undermine support for that person. Hillary used that technique big time in 2016. But Obama's father was an actual con, was arrested on con charges. Like other thugs in Chicago, Obama got into the time off business. The governor of Chicago was arrested for trying to sell Obama's Senate, which makes me wonder how Obama got it.

I'm actually in Utah right now, away from my normal resources. But if you cared to look, Obama isn't even as clean as Trump is. The press just choose not to look into Obama.
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

SPG wrote:
honorentheos wrote:Wut? That first sentence is a disaster. The second one sounds like the babbling of someone four drinks past midnight. The last? Nails down that you are just tossing around tropes rather than engaging in a good faith discussion.

Ok. Bluntly, just because you give me some government report that says Mueller is innocent, when my sources say he is guilty, doesn't cut it. Especially when that same guy is on a witch-hunt that seems completely unjustified.

I missed where you provided some sort of evidence that a) clarifies what Mueller is being accused of actually doing and b) what the “F” kind of sources do you take orders from, anyway?

Hillary wrote highly of Saul Alinsky. Spoke of him as a personal friend and mentor. She was also good friends with Robert Byrd, the Grand Dragon of the KKK.

Saul taught that using the KKK to endorse rivals could undermine support for that person. Hillary used that technique big time in 2016.

The bulk of the conspiracy around Clinton and Saul Alinsky (cue appropriate spooky music) comes from her having written her thesis paper on his approach to community activism and, in particular, addressing poverty. You can read it for yourself, here:
https://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2 ... -saul.html

But Obama's father was an actual con, was arrested on con charges. Like other thugs in Chicago, Obama got into the time off business. The governor of Chicago was arrested for trying to sell Obama's Senate, which makes me wonder how Obama got it.

I'm actually in Utah right now, away from my normal resources. But if you cared to look, Obama isn't even as clean as Trump is. The press just choose not to look into Obama.

Do you remember what the original issue even was here? Russian election interference worked through these very same crazy ass claims and "sources".
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Here’s What the Mueller Report Says About the Pee Tape

A Russian businessman texted Michael Cohen that he had stopped the “flow of tapes from Russia”

Rtskhiladze’s description of the tapes’ content tracks with the unverified information included in the Steele dossier, which claimed that Trump watched Russian prostitutes urinate in a Moscow hotel room in 2013. “Rtskhiladze said ‘tapes’ referred to compromising tapes of Trump rumored to be held by persons associated with the Russian real estate conglomerate Crocus Group, which had helped host the 2013 Miss Universe Pageant in Russia.”

Buried in a footnote in Section II B of Volume II of the redacted Mueller report is a single reference to supposed kompromat the Russian government was rumored to have on the president — the infamous “pee tape.” The report confirms that then-FBI director James Comey briefed President-elect Trump about the report in January 2017, but it also reveals that the Trump campaign was privately aware as early as October 2016 — more than two months before BuzzFeed News published the Steele dossier — that embarrassing tapes of then-candidate Donald Trump might exist in Russia.

According to the report, on October 30th, 2016, Trump’s private attorney and fixer Michael Cohen received a text from a Russian businessman involved in the Trump Tower Moscow deal, in progress for more than a year. “Stopped flow of tapes from Russia but not sure if there’s anything else. Just so you know….” Giorgi Rtskhiladze wrote to Cohen. Cohen told investigators he spoke to Trump about the issue after receiving the texts from Rtskhiladze.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_SPG
_Emeritus

Post by _SPG »

honorentheos wrote:Do you remember what the original issue even was here? Russian election interference worked through these very same crazy ass claims and "sources".

Let's get to the heart of the matter. Mueller doesn't work for me. Even if his report is weaker than we knew it would be, he is the enemy to me. He tried to unseat an elected president.

The written approval of God himself wouldn't convince me that Mueller did this in good faith.

So, the question that might be worth discussing is, "why did you want him to succeed in convicting the president?" Why was it better to destroy a system of government that holds this country together then believe that the president was the duly elected official? Why was it ok for one side of the country to call the other side deplorable?
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

SPG wrote:He tried to unseat an elected president.

The written approval of God himself wouldn't convince me that Mueller did this in good faith.

The takeaway from this is that someone in a position of heirarchal importance cannot or should not ever be observed to confirm adherence to a high standard, and that Trump is your master to remain unquestioned, with God as your Number 2. Loyalty to the man before duty to principle.

I'm betting that you don't even know why, at least not in any way that you want to openly explore.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Kevin Graham wrote:
SPG wrote:He is doing what he promised to do if elected. They all promised walls and security but quit.

Trump hasn't quit.

... Trump quit on the wall over a year ago and only brought it up again last December because Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter attacked him for doing literally NOTHING about it for two years into his Presidency.

... for doing literally NOTHING about it for two years ...

... literally NOTHING about it

...for two years ...

When he had the resources and the votes, he didn't bother to use them. With Republicans eliminated as the majority in the House, Trump suddenly 'cares' about this issue but only as much as it will keep his Base in line and blindly pledging their allegiance to him.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

canpakes wrote:When he had the resources and the votes, he didn't bother to use them. With Republicans eliminated as the majority in the House, Trump suddenly 'cares' about this issue but only as much as it will keep his Base in line and blindly pledging their allegiance to him.

"Blindly" is the key word in the above sentence.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

SPG wrote:Let's get to the heart of the matter. Mueller doesn't work for me. Even if his report is weaker than we knew it would be, he is the enemy to me. He tried to unseat an elected president.

You may not have seen the document at the link below, which stands at odds with your version of how things work.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... rs.pdf.jpg
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

canpakes wrote:
SPG wrote:Let's get to the heart of the matter. Mueller doesn't work for me. Even if his report is weaker than we knew it would be, he is the enemy to me. He tried to unseat an elected president.

You may not have seen the document at the link below, which stands at odds with your version of how things work.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... rs.pdf.jpg

Some folks want a king but won't admit it. :wink: SPG is one of them.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

SPG wrote:
honorentheos wrote:Do you remember what the original issue even was here? Russian election interference worked through these very same crazy ass claims and "sources".

Let's get to the heart of the matter. Mueller doesn't work for me. Even if his report is weaker than we knew it would be, he is the enemy to me. He tried to unseat an elected president.

So, the question that might be worth discussing is, "why did you want him to succeed in convicting the president?" Why was it better to destroy a system of government that holds this country together then believe that the president was the duly elected official? Why was it ok for one side of the country to call the other side deplorable?

SPG -

I think you did hit on the heart of the matter with the above. We have become so divided as a nation that there are concerning numbers of people who no longer look at politics as being about different perspectives on how to best run a complex, multi-cultural society. Instead, it is seen as a conflict between two bitterly opposed sides who have nothing in common and view the other side as enemies. It isn't restricted to conservatives who hold these views, and the liberal manifestations of this are just as entrenched and unrelenting in their animosity as you have expressed above.

I wonder where this comes from? How can so many people harbor so much ill will towards their fellow countrymen that it consumes the oxygen of political discourse completely so there's nothing left for discourse?

We went through the evidence that showed the conspiracy about Mueller and Russian uranium was built on a lie around a WikiLeaks of a government document. The information on which the conspiracy is based is easy to track down, and it is clearly nothing more than an example of law enforcement working with a difficult international partner on terrorism prevention of the nuclear kind. It should be something we can be glad is taking place, and appreciate that it's not a partisan issue so much as a national defense issue that overlapped with law enforcement. It's basically government doing what I think all of us expect it to do.

How is that a bad thing?
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa