Trump Refuses to Disavow Death Threats Against Ilhan Omar

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Re: Trump Refuses to Disavow Death Threats Against Ilhan Oma

Post by _Gunnar »

SPG wrote:
Gunnar wrote:Trump continues to get more and more despicable and hateful.

Yawn

And this kind of blindly indifferent attitude from his sycophantic, willfully ignorant base is one of the biggest reasons why.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

SPG wrote:
Gunnar wrote:Trump continues to get more and more despicable and hateful.

Yawn

Gunnar wrote:And this kind of blindly indifferent attitude from his sycophantic, willfully ignorant base is one of the biggest reasons why.

Trump's idiotic supporters are idiotic because they don't see how empty everything they have to say really is.

What they have to say about Clinton: empty. What they have to say about corruption: empty. What they have to say about reality: empty. Etc.

They're damned useless to talk to, because they're idiots, liars and assholes, the worst possible combination.

People keep telling me they voted for Trump because they're hurting. Christ, I hope so. They deserve to hurt.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

People keep telling me they voted for Trump because they're hurting. Christ, I hope so. They deserve to hurt.

Well if you're looking for the deplorables to be hurting, I'm afraid you're going to be waiting a little longer. I didn't expect we would have a champion arrive on the scene with this level of guts and political savy.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

I think it's a hoot how the Trumpers have turned from victory laps over Barr's "no collusion" caca to "Obama did it!" And how many have read the report? Very few. They're used to getting their hateful nonsense spoonfed through Rush, Ann and Sean. They're listeners and obeyers, not readers and thinkers. :wink:

Just read the report, folks. It's all there. And watch this and remember. How does this fit in with the Obama whataboutism? Answer: it doesn't. More lies by Trump and lies for him by his lying followers. :biggrin:

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/17/62960123 ... g-whats-up
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

ajax18 wrote:
I wish Hamas and the Israeli government would get together and work towards relieving the suffering, hardship and injustice to which Palestinians are continually being subjected.

It's the Jews fault Gunnar. Maybe someday you can find a final solution to the Jewish question.

Nice to see you showing your true colors. I do consider an out Nazi superior to a closeted one. :biggrin:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Gunnar wrote:Trump continues to get more and more despicable and hateful....

good law you ignorant.
for over 24 months you guys have been pitching a hair fire tantrum with nothing but threats...and now you want to defend the anti-semitic genocide rants of Omar.
see ya in 2020 dood.

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

subgenius wrote:
Gunnar wrote:Trump continues to get more and more despicable and hateful....

good law you ignorant.
for over 24 months you guys have been pitching a hair fire tantrum with nothing but threats...and now you want to defend the anti-semitic genocide rants of Omar.
see ya in 2020 dood.

Omar justly criticized Netanyahu's bigotry, hard right conservatism and corruption, which about half, If not more of, Israeli voters are also critical of and disgusted with. She was not speaking out against Jews as a people. It is not anti-Semitism to justly criticize faulty Israeli government policies that even a large proportion of Israelis are themselves critical of. What Ilhan Omar was guilty of, if anything, was a poor choice of wording.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Gunnar wrote:Omar justly criticized Netanyahu's bigotry, hard right conservatism and corruption, which about half, If not more of, Israeli voters are also critical of and disgusted with. She was not speaking out against Jews as a people. It is not anti-Semitism to justly criticize faulty Israeli government policies that even a large proportion of Israelis are themselves critical of. What Ilhan Omar was guilty of, if anything, was a poor choice of wording.

This doesn't disprove her as being an anti-semite, given her body of work.
But more importantly you are affording her an argument to justify her behavior that you deny Trump when condemning him...your morality being founded only on partisan alignment without concern for policy.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent