Sanders Townhall on Fox News

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: Sanders Townhall on Fox News

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:(posts list of shell and holding companies)

Oh, look. A list of shell and holding companies. Thanks for proving the point. ; )

But you’re impressed by ‘board member’. We understand.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

First one I looked up:

845 UN Limited Partnership

60% of the partnership is owned by Trump 845 LP LLC, which owns commercial and residential real estate valued between $1,000 and $15,000 that produces income less than $200.

40% of the partnership is owned by Trump 845 UN GP LLC, which also owns commercial and residential real estate valued between $1,000 and $15,000 that produces income less than $200.

Trump 845 LP LLC was 100% owned by Donald Trump in 2015.

Trump 845 UN GP LLC was 99.9% owned by Donald Trump in 2015, and 0.1% owned by Trump 845 UN Manager Corp, which was 100% owned by Donald Trump.

845 UN Mgr Corp owns commercial and residential real estate that is valued between $1,000 and $15,000 producing income less than $200.

It's like reading through the circular references from a FAIRmormon page. : )
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

canpakes wrote:First one I looked up:

845 UN Limited Partnership

60% of the partnership is owned by Trump 845 LP LLC, which owns commercial and residential real estate valued between $1,000 and $15,000 that produces income less than $200.

40% of the partnership is owned by Trump 845 UN GP LLC, which also owns commercial and residential real estate valued between $1,000 and $15,000 that produces income less than $200.

Trump 845 LP LLC was 100% owned by Donald Trump in 2015.

Trump 845 UN GP LLC was 99.9% owned by Donald Trump in 2015, and 0.1% owned by Trump 845 UN Manager Corp, which was 100% owned by Donald Trump.

845 UN Mgr Corp owns commercial and residential real estate that is valued between $1,000 and $15,000 producing income less than $200.

It's like reading through the circular references from a FAIRmormon page. : )

Setting up those companies was very likely one of the 'smart' things his accountants told him to do in order to avoid paying any tax.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Actually, that’s not even a complicated ownership structure. I’ve seen a couple lately for mixed use projects that really made my head spin. In the planning stages, the developer owns all the entities. As the project moves forward, investors buy up parts of the LLCs. The General Contractor may partner with the developer by taking part of the ownership structure as payment. If you looked at the ownership at the end of the project, you’d see something quite different. Tax minimization is always important, but this kind of structure is generally driven by allocation of ownership rights and risks.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

subgenius fled the thread a month ago when we exposed his stupidity on this same point. I suspect he'll flee this one as well.

http://www.mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3 ... &p=1172221
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:
subgenius wrote:(posts list of shell and holding companies)

Oh, look. A list of shell and holding companies. Thanks for proving the point. ; )

CFR, but that's cool. Its easy to understand how you are confused on the matter.
Again, our old rich white is better(and richer) than your old rich white guy.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
canpakes wrote:Oh, look. A list of shell and holding companies. Thanks for proving the point. ; )

CFR, but that's cool.

Upthread.

You should pay better attention. :D