The Most Lawless President in History

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

The Most Lawless President in History

Post by _Kevin Graham »

I figured the examples are already piling up enough that it would need its own thread...

We can begin with FOX News flat out stating that Trump's idea of dumping immigrants in sanctuary cities is illegal:

“What the president is talking about is in fact illegal,” Smith said at the top of his show, before bringing in Fox News White House correspondent John Roberts to discuss.

Smith did some fact checking on the White House claims about Trump’s proposal, namely: “no Democrat, not one in Congress or otherwise, has called for open borders.”

“But the law is clear: you can’t do this,” Smith added. He turned to Fox News anchor Chris Wallace, asking if the move is an “effort to change the news cycle.”

Wallace noted that despite the White House’s denial that the proposal is about political retaliation, Trump’s comments confirming he was considering the proposal “sure sounds like political retaliation.”

“Here’s my guess, and it is only a guess, take it for what it’s worth,” Wallace continued. “This will never happen.”

He added the proposal is likely an appeal to Trump’s base. “But will it ever happen? I will be shocked,” Wallace added.

“It’s a push for wall funding which isn’t coming,” Smith said, noting Democratic control of the House will thwart any attempt from Trump to build a wall on the southern border.

Also, Neil Cavuto: "I'm not endorsing his idea and it is illegal, but he's really at wits end"
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: The Most Lawless President in History

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I dunno. I'm pretty sure having an adulterous affair with your slave is pretty high on the list. Not that you'd care about that, because she was a black woman. We've seen how you regard black people, especially black women, so I can see why you consider Jefferson a hero of yours.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Re: The Most Lawless President in History

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I dunno. I'm pretty sure having an adulterous affair with your slave is pretty high on the list. Not that you'd care about that, because she was a black woman. We've seen how you regard black people, especially black women, so I can see why you consider Jefferson a hero of yours.

- Doc

Earth to wife beater ... immorality ≠ illegality.