Future Pop - Perfume 4th World Tour

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Future Pop - Perfume 4th World Tour

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:I’m currently second from the front of the stage. My heart is beating out of my chest.

OMG I WAS JUST THINKING OF YOU AND CLICKED BACK FROM Facebook!!!

Second from the front of the stage...you're gonna have the BEST SHOW EVER!!!!

Very excited for you!!!!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:About 45 minutes ‘til they get on stage.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Dr. Shades wrote:I’m currently second from the front of the stage. My heart is beating out of my chest.

Perfect! Have a great time.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

The last link I posted showed the first six or so minutes of Perfume's banter with Res Ipsa's audience, but the following link shows much more. . . 19 minutes' worth. It includes the portion wherein they spoke in Japanese while an audience member translated. If you watched the first video, feel free to skip ahead to the 5:55 minute mark of this one.

SELLING POINT: The video was shot from MUCH closer to the stage, and from overhead, so you can see the holy trinity much better and clearer. ENJOY:

"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Analytics
_Emeritus

Post by _Analytics »

This thread was fun to read. Congratulations on living your dream, Dr. Shades!

I've got to say--I've never met anybody more confident in their manhood than you. I am in awe.
It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Analytics wrote:I've got to say--I've never met anybody more confident in their manhood than you. I am in awe.

Shades has, in my estimation, the right kind of obliviousness. He ignores the stuff worth ignoring. He seems like a happy traveler. I have a close friend like that. It's both admirable and infuriating.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Analytics wrote:I've got to say--I've never met anybody more confident in their manhood than you. I am in awe.

You know, I hadn't ever thought of it that way. Thank you!!

Perfume on my Mind wrote:Shades has, in my estimation, the right kind of obliviousness. He ignores the stuff worth ignoring. He seems like a happy traveler. I have a close friend like that. It's both admirable and infuriating.

Think of it this way: You only have 24 hours each day to pay attention to things. Why not pay it to that which you find fun and/or interesting? You ain't gettin' those hours back, and the depressing things won't go away just because you pay attention to them.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Hey Res Ipsa--and everyone else--Last Friday night marked a full year since Res Ipsa attended Perfume's Seattle concert. To commemorate the event, here's a 21-minute digest of that very performance. Fortunately, it shows the song during which I snapped the following two photos exactly a week later:

This one, which occurs at exactly 11:16:

And this one, which occurs at exactly 11:26:

As you watch this, again keep in mind that our very own Res Ipsa was in the audience, floor level to our extreme right, watching it transpire live!

--Louis Midgley