FOX News wearing fake Kevlar at the Border!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Re: FOX News wearing fake Kevlar at the Border!

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

If the screenshots in the comments are accurate, it's not even fake Kevlar from Party City.

It's a diaper bag that's being worn backwards.

Huggies: Stopping bullets at the border since 2019.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_SPG
_Emeritus

Post by _SPG »

Kevin Graham wrote:
Actually you're contradicting yourself here.

1. The media didn't promise collusion. That's a myth conjured up by FOX in order to get more people riled up about the media.
2. How would you know if you don't listen to media?
3. FOX News is the media too. They assured us constantly that Trump was innocent of all accusations.
4. The Mueller report exonerates him on nothing.
6. Collusion isn't a crime.

My bad. One point 1) the media did promise collusion. I was listen to a NPR segment a while back and the subject was "what if there isn't any "there" there?" And the speaker, interviewed a year before "knew" there was collusion back then. Now he was staying that they hadn't found anything, but he still "knew" there had been collusion. And he said when the report came out, and there wasn't anything "there" that there were other ways to find the there, but it would take years.

Point 2) I meant mainstream media, there is plenty of things coming at you in Facebook and or just opening the internet.

Point 3) I stopped watching Fox a while ago, even though I have reeducated to understand that Fox IS NOT owned by Disney, as I thought.

Point 4) That Mueller had nothing, in spite of every effort, exonerates Trump on pretty much everything.

Point 5) I got nothing.

Point 6) I know, but many like to think that it was. And I don't have a problem with it being a crime. I know some folks that get cooked.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

A friend pointed out to me that the diaper bag looks like it would hold a lot of snacks. If only the terrorist patriot Malheur occupation forces had known, maybe their ransoming would have played out differently.

Come at my Fruit-Loops Ziploc in my tactical diaper bag, bro!

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Looking at the pic again, it doesn't make any sense for him to be wearing a tac vest. It's just, I dunno, like a man purse for agents who don't need to wear an actual kit with plates for whatever reason. There isn't an insert in the thing, and it's totally not his size, anyway. If he were made to wear that by a CBP agent, it's because they're mocking him.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:[...] it's totally not his size, anyway [...]
- Doc

The comments on the original Twitter post have me dying. One of them:

"I didn't know they made tac vests in extra smedium."
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Sean Hannity on Fox tonight, without any hint of irony: "Based on no actual crimes, [Pelosi] wants a political opponent locked up in prison. Umm, that happens in banana republics. Beyond despicable behavior."

Holy friggin crap. He actually said this to an audience who for years chanted "Lock her up."
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

SPG wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:____, SPG. Fox News is owned by Fox Corporation. It was not purchased by Disney.

Disney bought Fox corporation.

Fox, Smox! It is hard to keep these similar sounding entities straight. But try this, 20th Century Fox is the movie company. Think of it as the opening credits theme where it is situated on top of the FARMS Ziggurat with spotlights shining and a brass band playing. Fox sold off that important asset but kept the part containing Republican opinion setters and a few newsreaders. Hope that helps.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

moksha wrote:Fox, Smox! It is hard to keep these similar sounding entities straight. But try this, 20th Century Fox is the movie company. Think of it as the opening credits theme where it is situated on top of the FARMS Ziggurat with spotlights shining and a brass band playing. Fox sold off that important asset but kept the part containing Republican opinion setters and a few newsreaders. Hope that helps.

My guess is that Disney could find a ten foot pole, but wouldn't touch Fox News with it.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.