The DoubtingThomas dating / relationships MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Re: Go to a bar? New thread

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Lemmie wrote:That is the age you are based on what you have previously posted so yes, let's go with that.

Okay woman, for my protection send what ever I said a long time ago to Jersey Girl and me in a PM if you have anything. I think you are full of it. But what ever I am 33 years old. Lets make my age 37 years instead. I am 37 and proud. No let's make it 40. I am 40 years old and proud. My age really don't matter.

Lemmie wrote:Oh please. Here's you from p 5:

It is okay. Attraction to younger adult women is a sexual orientation. It is not a choice. Scientific studies prove it.

Lemmie wrote: Whatever game you're playing with your posts here, that's creepy.

You can't consider the possibility that you are actually hurting me? Name calling isn't going to get you anywhere. You won't change someone's mind by name calling. Instead give me some references. That is all you have to do.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

DT wrote:You can't consider the possibility that you are actually hurting me? Name calling isn't going to get you anywhere. You won't change someone's mind by name calling. Instead give me some references. That is all you have to do.

No, I don't. You've played too many rounds of this to have any credibility left. And speaking of hurtfulness:

DT wrote: I wouldn't want a woman that has received a lot of d***ks or has 3+ children. That is why I would prefer 18-22..

That's you being grossly insensitive and insulting to women, not to mention stereotypical and shallow. I found it 'hurtful', and virtually commenter in this thread, male and female, found it 'hurtful' as well. You can't talk about women the way you do, and then expect any sympathy when you express 'hurt' that people comment on it.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Lemmie wrote:That's you being grossly insensitive and insulting to women, not to mention stereotypical and shallow. I found it 'hurtful', and virtually commenter in this thread, male and female, found it 'hurtful' as well. You can't talk about women the way you do, and then expect any sympathy when you express 'hurt' that people comment on it.

I am sorry if I offended someone here. I understand my comments are very offensive to many, but I am much more careful with my words in real life. It is okay for a woman to sleep with many men because we humans really need to enjoy life. It is completely normal and my comments shouldn't be offensive. What is really bad is a sexless life. Life is short and it will be over someday. My life really sucks right now. I work, sleep, work, sleep, work, sleep and work. I have no friends to go out with on a weekend and I always go to places by myself. My only friend is a 46 year old woman and I may end up sleeping with her.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

DT wrote:It is okay for a woman to sleep with many men because we humans really need to enjoy life. It is completely normal and my comments shouldn't be offensive.

Acknowledging people have sex was not what was offensive in your comment, but i suspect you know that. No one can be this obtuse unless you're playing games, such as "duck duck (internet) Poe," "marco Poe-lo," etc.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Lemmie wrote:Acknowledging people have sex was not what was offensive in your comment, but i suspect you know that. No one can be this obtuse unless you're playing games, such as "duck duck (internet) Poe," "marco Poe-lo," etc.

I did apologize for my comments. For now I do deserve a woman that wasn't sexually active. According to some scientific studies I will be much happier with a younger woman. Hopefully 18-22.
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

DoubtingThomas wrote:For now I do deserve a woman that wasn't sexually active.

Dude.

This? This says you aren't ready for any kind of relationship.

Don't take my word for it. Discuss it with a therapist.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Xenophon
_Emeritus

Post by _Xenophon »

DoubtingThomas wrote:I did apologize for my comments. For now I do deserve a woman that wasn't sexually active. According to some scientific studies I will be much happier with a younger woman. Hopefully 18-22.
Emphasis mine.

Hold up there buckaroo. Jersey Girl and Lemmie are doing a good job calling you to carpet for your other posts but this one right here deserves some special attention. You aren't owed crap. You haven't done any of the things suggested to you that would help in finding yourself, let alone a significant other (of any level sexual activity) and you've shown no signs of actually wanting to get better apart from empty platitudes.

As this thread has gone on we've been getting some hints of some serious red-piller/incel like mindset but in my opinion you've definitely crossed over a threshold here. This kind of toxic framing of relationships isn't going to get you anywhere good. Assuming you aren't just a terrible troll, you 100% need to seek some help for this kind of attitude. You can choose to ignore the advice but I've watched this line of thinking spiral out of control.

ETA: TLDR- what honor said.
"If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation." -Xenophon of Athens
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Xenophon wrote: Assuming you aren't just a terrible troll, you 100% need to seek some help for this kind of attitude.

I assume exactly nothing at this point. I'm thisclose to calling it.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

honorentheos wrote:
DoubtingThomas wrote:For now I do deserve a woman that wasn't sexually active.

Dude.

This? This says you aren't ready for any kind of relationship.

Don't take my word for it. Discuss it with a therapist.

I will ask a professional. Trust me. But I simply want to know what if feels like to have a special moment with someone special. I want it to be very meaningful because my life is very meaningless right now.

Xenophon wrote: You aren't owed ____.

Right. I deserve to find someone clean because I am clean, but it doesn't mean I am going to force someone to be with me. I simply hope to find the right person. But I doubt it is ever going to happen. My chances are decreasing every day.

Xenophon wrote: You haven't done any of the things suggested to you that would help in finding yourself,

I have. What else can I do?