Thinking of Kevin Graham his wife Karina deals with leukemia

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Re: Thinking of Kevin Graham his wife Karina deals with leuk

Post by _Kevin Graham »

aussieguy55 wrote:"Update on the most beautiful person in the world and her illness. Ten minutes ago Dr. Holland informed us that the bone marrow biopsy confirmed Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. She will be put on prednisone for a week before starting chemo therapy. We will know more in the coming days. In about 6 weeks she will need a second bone marrow biopsy to determine if she is "high risk." If so, she may need a bone marrow transplant. She will be allowed a brief visit to her home in March, but then won't be able to leave her hospital room for many weeks while her immune system is compromised. Doctor said she won't be able to go home fully until about 6-9 months when they're certain it is in full remission. This is turning our world completely upside down."

There is a gofund program for the family

https://www.gofundme.com/karina039s-fig ... iiBlC2ihMc

Look, I really appreciate the sentiment here and I understand intentions are well meaning. But I really prefer that this gofundme link not be posted, if that's OK. I don't even know who started it. I think Sara Parker is a friend from my wife's ward but I'm not sure. I've never been the recipient of charity, so I have really mixed feelings about all of this.

Having said that, this has been one wild damned experience thus far. On monday, after 4 nights at the bone marrow transplant ward, we learned that the medical bills existed on two accounts: $119,000 + $16,000. I'm assuming the later was from the emergency room visit on the 6th. So basically $135,000 before chemo, which began yesterday. At this rate it will reach a million by the first of March. The first bone marrow biopsy alone was $19,000 and she'll need a few more over the next couple of months. She also had a lumbar puncture yesterday that was $17,000.

Mind. Blown.
Last edited by YahooSeeker [Bot] on Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I made a post with the GFM link in it. Would you like it removed?

It's being linked to from other forums. Would you like those threads removed entirely?

Please consider letting the folks do what we are able to do so it frees your mind up to concentrate on being fully present, Kevin. They aren't extending welfare to you. They are partnering with you.

Still and all, if you want the threads gone, I will do as you say.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Kevin:

Pardon the personal question, but were all of those your out-of-pocket expenses, after insurance??
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Dr. Shades wrote:Kevin:
Pardon the personal question, but were all of those your out-of-pocket expenses, after insurance??

Her new policy doesn't kick in until March 1st so there is no insurance through February. We won't be billed until a few weeks after she is discharged, which could be in May.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

post moved
Last edited by Guest on Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Kevin Graham wrote:Her new policy doesn't kick in until March 1st so there is no insurance through February. We won't be billed until a few weeks after she is discharged, which could be in May.

Oh dang. I'm VERY sorry to hear this.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Here's a follow-up video that puts everything back within the realm of sanity:

https://youtu.be/lSkpPaiUF8s

spoiler alert: Liberals were wrong.

- Doc

Wrong thread I think?
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Definitely the wrong thread. I've been posting on a tablet and it makes navigating a little dicier. I'll move the post above to the right one.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

Yeah, not cool if you don’t get permission from the recipient.

OTH, could be a blessing.
"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them.” Psalm 145:18-19 ESV