So this just happened in my neighborhood...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: So this just happened in my neighborhood...

Post by _canpakes »

Kevin Graham wrote: The funny thing about this thread is that no one has even commented on the story I linked to.

Did the dentist in the video live in Atlanta, or Cartersville? : )
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

canpakes wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote: The funny thing about this thread is that no one has even commented on the story I linked to.

Did the dentist in the video live in Atlanta, or Cartersville? : )

He should probably move to Maryville. Population 20,000. that's roughly 50,000 teeth to work with.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Kevin Graham wrote:Folks seem to have missed the point here.

No, we got the point you autistic retard. God, this is why we can't have nice things.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:Folks seem to have missed the point here.

No, we got the point you autistic r____. God, this is why we can't have nice things.

- Doc

I guess you didn't get the memo. No one here is being serious except Subs.... and now you, apparently. Nice company you keep. That's the only "we" you should continue to associate with.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Kevin Graham wrote:…(snip)....When they travel abroad and people ask they where they're from, they say Atlanta because that's the area people are more likely to be familiar with.

[img]oooh...a%20graphic,%20because%20graphics%20are%20totes%20convincing[/img]

When I lived in Roswell, travelled all the time...always said "outside of Atlanta"...most of the other guys did the same because even though our office was, at the time, in Atlanta we had people living in lawreceville, cumming, jonesboro, woodstock, gainesviile, and buford….bt then again none of the were trying to establish credibility-via-geographic-location in a post on this board.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

honorentheos wrote:Is there a Cliff Note explanation for this inside baseball debate of no consequence? I really don't get why subbie being bent over Kevin living in an Atlanta-adjacent city so he can't say he lives in Atlanta is a debate worth having. I have to assume there is more to it?

Did you read the OP...KG goes out of his way to mention me specifically on the subject of where he lives....so the derailment is on him don't cha think?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Kevin Graham wrote:Folks seem to have missed the point here. ...(snip)...

so the point isn't about the drunk driver dentist?
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

subgenius wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:…(snip)....When they travel abroad and people ask they where they're from, they say Atlanta because that's the area people are more likely to be familiar with.

[img]oooh...a%20graphic,%20because%20graphics%20are%20totes%20convincing[/img]

When I lived in Roswell, travelled all the time...always said "outside of Atlanta"...most of the other guys did the same because even though our office was, at the time, in Atlanta we had people living in lawreceville, cumming, jonesboro, woodstock, gainesviile, and buford….bt then again none of the were trying to establish credibility-via-geographic-location in a post on this board.

So you're stupid enough to think it is about "credibility" when it is about familiarity? How in the ever living fuc does it "establish credibility" to be living in the city limits of Atlanta? In Metro Atlanta when people ask each other where they live, of course no one says Atlanta unless they live in the city. That's because they're familiar with all the suburbs of Metro Atlanta.

In Brazil, Spain, Germany, California or conversing on the internet, I respond "Atlanta" because if I say Woodstock that always results in a second a question: "Where is that?" Or "Like the hippie field?"

And we all know you're full of crap because you've never been anywhere outside the South East.
Last edited by YahooSeeker [Bot] on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

subgenius wrote:Did you read the OP...KG goes out of his way to mention me specifically on the subject of where he lives....so the derailment is on him don't cha think?

Go out of my way? I assure you it took all of two seconds.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Kevin Graham wrote:
subgenius wrote:Did you read the OP...KG goes out of his way to mention me specifically on the subject of where he lives....so the derailment is on him don't cha think?

Go out of my way? I assure you it took all of two seconds.

well, its the thought that counts (obviously)