Trump Press Conference (Jan 9)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Trump Press Conference (Jan 9)

Post by _moksha »

subgenius wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:I thought the reason Trump got elected is because he wasn't a politician. The people were tired of politicians because they lie?

Oh snap, guess we all have no choice but to remove trump from office because of this loophole you found....wow, so close to victory but KG's deep insight and intellectual persuasion has just dismantled the Republican Party, its politicians and the voters.
Im shook.

Kevin has yet to appreciate that Trump being a compulsive liar is a virtue. Maybe KG is caught up in a "crisis of the heart and soul" since he has both of those items.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

moksha wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:Any guesses at how many lies he can spout in 8 minutes?

What was the final total on the lies?

Does Trump hold the world record on lying?

The speech was by no means Trump’s best effort. I’m not sure he broke the lie a minute barrier. He did cite some new factoids that I don’t know the veracity of, so I’ll have to wait for the folks who get paid to fact check to weigh in.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Jersey Girl wrote:
MeDotOrg wrote:So no National emergency...yet.

I'm saying he'll call it.

And no, the address wasn't very effective. It might have been, were his facts actual facts.

His appeal was way more competent than the walking dead response offered by Schumer/Pelosi. Their "flinch" was evident.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

moksha wrote:Kevin has yet to appreciate that Trump being a compulsive liar is a virtue.

KG just doesn't like the competition.

moksha wrote:...since he has both of those items.

The evidence says opposite.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Subs has yet to appreciate the fact that Trump "not being a politician" was the main that thing he had going for him. Virtually every independent I know who voted for him said this is why they did so. But since the election he has shown the world that he is worse than any politician you can imagine. You name it. Why do people hate politicians? They lie, they deceive, they insult your intelligence, they care only about themselves, etc. You name it, Trump epitomizes it.

Here he is claiming a national emergency over the wall because he wants the ignorant minority in this country to believe immigration has worsened. Reality:

And here he is repeating a promise he now says he is gladly breaking because... because you're all stupid that's why. https://Twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1 ... 7843421184
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

According to the Washington Post, the grand total was six. People betting on at least four made bank. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/cl ... s-gambling
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Res Ipsa wrote:According to the Washington Post, the grand total was six. People betting on at least four made bank. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/cl ... s-gambling

And it was six people who were suspected of having something to do with someone who may be a terrorist. That's about all it takes to be put in that database. No proof of any true terrorists having ever crossed the border. We def would have heard about it.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Kevin Graham wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:According to the Washington Post, the grand total was six. People betting on at least four made bank. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/cl ... s-gambling

And it was six people who were suspected of having something to do with someone who may be a terrorist. That's about all it takes to be put in that database. No proof of any true terrorists having ever crossed the border. We def would have heard about it.

Uh, not what I was referencing. The six was number of lies in the speech.

_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Uh, not what I was referencing. The six was number of lies in the speech.

:lol:

Ok.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »